First 82132172180181182183184192232 Last

Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah -- I started taking it, but I had a hard time with it because I had such an easy time figuring out what each question was all about. Especially when they had the words "self-preservation" and "social" in the questions!

It's hard to distance yourself, and remain objective, when you're taking a test like that.

Hmm...

Do you prefer to inflict your vision of perfection on society or yourself?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post

Hmm...

Do you prefer to inflict your vision of perfection on society or yourself?
    Myself! Because I'm more likely to listen, than society is. I used to be more of an evangelizer, until I realized that it was pointless and completely not worth the energy drain.

Does that make me sp/so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Myself! Because I'm more likely to listen, than society is. I used to be more of an evangelizer, until I realized that it was pointless and completely not worth the energy drain.

Does that make me sp/so?
    My guess is that you are sp/so. But I could be wrong.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

I'm still not sure if I'm sp/so or so/sp; I relate to equal amounts of both descriptions. My attempts at getting an opinion from online resources (and from the forum) aren't that much help. So I remain unsure.
    Yes, I'm having a hard time pinning him down on this as well. Once I read about the different enneagram types his practically shouted at me, but as for the stacking I'm just not sure, because I almost see equal amounts of sp and so in him. I'm enjoying your discussion of trying to figure out your stacking for this reason.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Yes, I'm having a hard time pinning him down on this as well. Once I read about the different enneagram types his practically shouted at me, but as for the stacking I'm just not sure, because I almost see equal amounts of sp and so in him. I'm enjoying your discussion of trying to figure out your stacking for this reason.
    I'm enjoying it too! So to help you (and to help me), I'll continue the derail.

@Speed Gavroche thinks I'm so/sp, and I'm pretty sure he thinks that because I have a strong enthusiastic/fun/silly streak, and the stereotype is that so/sp means you're like that, and sp/so means you're much more subdued and self-contained. And I had thought I might be so/sp because I have a natural talent for noticing group dynamics (among peers especially), and analyzing them. I find that sort of thing interesting.

But on the other hand, I have loads of sp tendencies, the most prominent of which is, like I pointed out earlier, the fact that I care much more about self-improvement than improving other people. Others include various comfort things that I take seriously, like the fact that I always ALWAYS eat three meals a day, no matter what, even if one of those is a ton of snack food and a granola bar.

@SD45T-2, why would you say you're so/sp?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Why do ESTJ's have such explosive tempers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    They're just cute like that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

They're just cute like that.

Yeah, they're just as cute and cuddly as can be.

Yeah, they're just as cute and cuddly as can be.
    They only seem ferocious. They have sweet, soft underbellies.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

(Warning: disorganized response alert)

I'm not sure how universal this answer is going to be, since I have not one, but two personality typings that lend themselves to explosions of anger (i.e. ESTJ and type 1). But here's my theory:

I've read in various places that ESTJs are the most likely type to constantly get angrier and more stressed throughout the day/week/month because they are constantly on the lookout for things being done incorrectly, and so many things are done incorrectly. But we don't really know how to let it out in a healthy way. I know a lot of INFJs that feel that same stress/frustration -- though it is often less because of people being dumb/wrong, and more because of people constantly asking them to do things and them being unable to say no -- but those INFJs seem to have a talent for letting that stress out gradually. They vent at people. They find activities to do that relieve their stress. They're in touch with their emotions, so they know how to respond to them when they arise.

But ESTJs are too task-oriented for that, and too resistant to dealing with emotions in a way that validates the emotions. The thought process is: "Emotions are only responses to things. The emotions will go away if the stimulus is removed. By fixing the things that are wrong, the stress will go away." Or, the thought process will be: "Feeling stressed will only get in the way of what I need to do. If I let myself feel stressed, it will completely overwhelm me and leave me incapacitated and unable to be productive or think objectively. Therefore, I will not allow stress to exist in my mind." Note that neither of these thought processes is very validating. Even if an ESTJ vents at you, about things that are making them stressed, more often than not they won't be asking for validation (even though they probably need it), but will be asking for advice on how to take the stress out of their mind.

The other Thinking doms (IxTPs and ENTJs) are just as likely to repress their stress/anxiety and let it build up until it bursts out of them. And all the Thinking doms will maintain the illusion that they are being rational, when they blow up. They are all likely to let loose their built-up rage at one particular thing, and if they are healthy enough to acknowledge that they're angry at all, then they're going to cling to the idea that their anger is justified, and how dare you think that it isn't?? (Finally seeking validation -- only in their angriest moments!) ESTJs in particular may embrace their anger in the heat of the moment, seeing it as a tool of righteous justice. Sometimes (especially if they're type 1), they might recognize that this is an opportunity to say everything they were afraid to say before, when they were so self-contained and repressed. So my preliminary theory is that the reason why ESTJs have such explosive tempers is that they haven't had the F-based skills to deal with their anger, and by the time they let their anger loose, they've probably fantasized about letting it loose for days or weeks. (This isn't to say that they won't regret the outburst afterwards, b/c 99% of ESTJs do.) But honestly, I don't know why ESTJs would blow up more than other T-doms, except that, as I said before, there's more out in the world that makes them angry, because of their very particular standards -- and that introverts are not as explosive anyway.
    They only seem ferocious. They have sweet, soft underbellies.
    This is true. I think this is why NFs love us so much.