Page 180 of 259 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I generally don't buy clothes. I guess I'm a fairly stereotypical guy because my mom has to remind me to get new shirts because my old ones are worn out. Anyway, I do like vintage/retro stuff, including hats.

You may want to check this out: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/
    Hey that's pretty cool!

Do you know of this site?
    http://artofmanliness.com/
    If I were a guy, I'd always be on this site -- and I'd always be reading GQ.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hey, since we've all been talking about how I come across... Here's Silly EJCC in low-pressure, low-energy situations:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kZFk4kNerq
    I just recorded it in lieu of making a video, for the video thread.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hey that's pretty cool!

Do you know of this site?
    http://artofmanliness.com/
    If I were a guy, I'd always be on this site -- and I'd always be reading GQ.
    I got the book a little over 2 years ago. http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Manlin.../dp/1600614620

After reading the book I was inspired to take up retro shaving: http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04...-your-grandpa/

I got a Merkur 180 razor, a 10 pack of blades, an Omega badger Hair shaving brush, Proraso aftershave, and some Omega shaving soap. I may try Proraso shaving cream next. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001L2U61E

I don't particularly care about fashion these days. The 1920s-'50s is when men looked awesome, IMHO. If I had serious money to spend on clothes I'd be the most interesting looking guy around.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't particularly care about fashion these days. The 1920s-'50s is when men looked awesome, IMHO. If I had serious money to spend on clothes I'd be the most interesting looking guy around.
    What about the early sixties? Pretty similar to the fifties, but since Mad Men has become popular, modern fashion (both for men and for women) has started imitating sixties business attire.

Just sayin' it'd be easier to get a hold of, for less money. Banana Republic did a Mad Men collection this past spring -- and there are Don Draper style guides everywhere!
    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends...shion_men.html

And as mentioned before, Etsy is always cheap:
    http://www.etsy.com/search/vintage/c...ax=0&ref=auto1
    Just for whenever you feel like being the most interesting looking guy around. It's not too late!
    - Captain America

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

What about the early sixties? Pretty similar to the fifties, but since Mad Men has become popular, modern fashion (both for men and for women) has started imitating sixties business attire.

Just sayin' it'd be easier to get a hold of, for less money. Banana Republic did a Mad Men collection this past spring -- and there are Don Draper style guides everywhere!
    http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends...shion_men.html

And as mentioned before, Etsy is always cheap:
    http://www.etsy.com/search/vintage/c...ax=0&ref=auto1
    Just for whenever you feel like being the most interesting looking guy around. It's not too late!
    It would be cool, but right now my main focus is just surviving. Sunday I start a new cocktail of antibiotics and I'll also be switching thyroid meds. Yippee.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It would be cool, but right now my main focus is just surviving. Sunday I start a new cocktail of antibiotics and I'll also be switching thyroid meds. Yippee.
    Jeez. I'm sorry! I hope the side effects are bearable -- and I hope they work better than your previous meds. Based on how pessimistic you sound, I'm guessing you've had essentially no luck so far?
    - Captain America

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Jeez. I'm sorry! I hope the side effects are bearable -- and I hope they work better than your previous meds. Based on how pessimistic you sound, I'm guessing you've had essentially no luck so far?
    Not much. The last 5 years have been like a long and unusually boring episode of House.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What can I do to help ESTJ feel better? I don't know if "are you ok" and sympathy embarrasses him...I have a feeling it does. I'm never quite sure when he might open up to me and when he's just going to be Mr Stiff Upper Lip. (This is just a friendship, not a relationship, btw.)

(The weirdest thing happened; I texted him the other night after his presentation as I wanted a) to say it was good, and b) to ask if he was ok as he'd left early afterwards... His response was "Stress got to me. Sorry." Sorry??? I'm still trying to figure that one out.)

I kind of want to tell him he's an idiot for not doing more to follow doctor's orders, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate either...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    What can I do to help ESTJ feel better? I don't know if "are you ok" and sympathy embarrasses him...I have a feeling it does. I'm never quite sure when he might open up to me and when he's just going to be Mr Stiff Upper Lip. (This is just a friendship, not a relationship, btw.)

(The weirdest thing happened; I texted him the other night after his presentation as I wanted a) to say it was good, and b) to ask if he was ok as he'd left early afterwards... His response was "Stress got to me. Sorry." Sorry??? I'm still trying to figure that one out.)

I kind of want to tell him he's an idiot for not doing more to follow doctor's orders, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate either...
    I'm not sure if I have enough information...

Do you know what happened that's made him feel down? What was the presentation? What did the doctor tell him?
    - Captain America

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not sure if I have enough information...

Do you know what happened that's made him feel down? What was the presentation? What did the doctor tell him?
    Oh, I asked you about this guy before, but it was a while ago...sorry

He's had some pretty serious health problems for the last couple of years. We've known each other about that long but have only been somewhat closer friends for a year or so. As far as I know he's supposed to have reduced stress, alcohol, caffeine, etc and I suspect he has only done so intermittently. (Haven't gone into much detail about that with him recently though.)

The presentation was related to our church activities. It was just short but he did a good job. But he left pretty quick and I knew he wasn't well. So when I texted him I told him I'd enjoyed it and wondered how he was and got this somewhat mystifying "sorry" response.

I am worried about him. In response to another text some time ago just saying "how are you, long time no speak" he said "not so good, my health seems to be taking another turn for the worse, clarity is hard to find and the will to exist is somewhat elusive" (or words very close to that effect.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING