Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Wow, do those actually, really exist anymore? Most women I end up getting close to tend to be the kind that I have to scare out of the kitchen with the spatula or worry about her starving when I end up working a night shift. One girl taught me that I still am the only one who actually knows how to do my laundry (I lost good shirts in that load, damn it! :steam. I've also dated a few girls who are worse than me when it comes to messes and then they have the gall to order me to clean it up because they can't stand the mess. Right now, I'd be happy with someone who at least made it easier for me to make sure shit's done.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Wow, do those actually, really exist anymore? Most women I end up getting close to tend to be the kind that I have to scare out of the kitchen with the spatula or worry about her starving when I end up working a night shift. One girl taught me that I still am the only one who actually knows how to do my laundry (I lost good shirts in that load, damn it! :steam. I've also dated a few girls who are worse than me when it comes to messes and then they have the gall to order me to clean it up because they can't stand the mess. Right now, I'd be happy with someone who at least made it easier for me to make sure shit's done.
    Well... hm. I wish more guys were like this. It would certainly make me less concerned. I mean, I love to cook, and I knit and I sew a little bit, and I tend to obsessively clean and enjoy that, so I'm always concerned that I'm going to be reduced to that once I get married. Becoming the stereotypical American wife is the stuff of my nightmares.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Do you like ENTPs and/or long walks on the beach?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Do you like ENTPs and/or long walks on the beach?
    Hm...
    I'm not sure what I think of ENTPs. They always argue with me, and sometimes I take that personally. And the unhealthy ones put me off big time. But they're cool, I think.
    I'm not sure if I like long walks on the beach. I think I enjoy long walks in the woods more... or long hikes in the mountains, with the occasional break near a river to go wading But I like long walks on the beach more if I'm chatting with someone while I walk.
    Oh, you reminded me of this comic.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Runvardh -

I notice you're from Alberta. I'm also from the Prairies. I wonder if some of the talk about cooking/domestic skills etc is centred in what geographic area we all respectively come from. I know there are very few women my age that know how to cook anymore/host a gathering/sew etc and that many of the guys my age end up taking care of their girlfriends they are living with (who flatly refuse to learn how to do any of those things). I've found that the Newfoundlanders I am acquainted with largely occupy much more traditional male and female roles and perhaps that has something to do with the kind of work men there have and the fact that they often are working away. When I went there, I really felt like I was stepping back to the 60s or something - more like when my parents were first married.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I liked a certain ESTJ girl at one point because she was really sharp but in different ways, so we'd constantly be grasping just short of each other's thought patterns and one-upping each other. It was cute.

She also loved to cook and was very concerned with appearances and so on...we certainly had some vehement disagreements but...I do kind of miss her.

ENTPs will show you how to apply your drive to succeed in a more unorthodox way. You might like them if you find a patient one
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, I like silly people outside of work (or when I need a distraction from work), but when they can't stop being silly in a work situation or some other one where they need to be serious, THAT bugs me. So, I don't like relentlessly silly people, which is why I used INTPs as an example of good-silly; they can be serious much of the time, but other times they're as silly as silly can be
    The ESTJ I know once told me, "You make me feel like a kid again"...I took that as a really great compliment. By the way, ESTJ can definitely be provoked into silly behavior But when I think about it, this was one on one. Never in front of others.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The ESTJ I know once told me, "You make me feel like a kid again"...I took that as a really great compliment. By the way, ESTJ can definitely be provoked into silly behavior But when I think about it, this was one on one. Never in front of others.
    Cute!! And excellent use of the ninja smiley
    However, with me anyways, I can be very silly in large groups... as long as they aren't total strangers who might be creeped out by my behavior. (Once, when I was in sixth grade, I was being incredibly loud and silly with some friends of mine, and a teacher asked me if I was drunk. )

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Thanks!

Speaking of drinking...The ESTJ I know does these things if we go out:

1) He's the one feeding everyone shots, but doesn't drink more than one or two during the night. Sits back and watches US all make fools of ourselves.

2) When we first started dating, did #1 but then on the ride home started "interviewing" me on what I liked about him. Basically, tried to get info from me. I'm actually laughing as I wrote that...:shakes head: always in control!

This may just be this ESTJ, but I'm wondering if you can relate at all.

Oh, and someone asked before, INTPatricia I think, about how a male ESTJ may act when interested. I can only speak for myself and my past situation. I made the first contact to talk to him. If you talk to him as a friend - you'll get a friend. I had to put it out there first and flirt with him. Once I did that, we had this really great back and forth flirty bantering and the rest was history. He pursued me after that.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Wow! I've witnessed both #1 and 2 as well! I think I talked to my ESTJ first, but he initiated everything after that. He insisted on coming over to my house to fix something that I had asked his advice about (without that intention) and decided that the method of payment he would like would be for me to make him supper sometime (I gave him $20 in a card to make sure it was clear I hadn't been asking for his expertise with romantic intent). He took the bull by the horns and threw me a birthday party (we were many new people in a new place in September) although he didn't know me and he invited a bunch of people and baked a cake (although he doesn't like desserts or make them usually). When the dinner invite didn't come soon enough, he invited me for dinner and went all out with displays of his cooking, telling me several days ahead of time what was on the menu (he always likes to know what the menu will be for awhile so he can happily anticipate it, even if it's only sandwiches).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)