Page 176 of 259 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    That's awesome. "His dialogues did not help anyone to get anything done" - that's like the most ESTJ analysis ever.

I love it! It's actually really good and well argued (just funny with its ESTJ righteous indignation.) And well done with the scholarship!
    Thanks! I was surprised that I got it, at the time, but I guess that meant that either

1) I had succeeded in my goal (i.e. of making the essay-readers laugh), or
    2) they cared more about my GPA (which was pretty high) than the essay.

Either way, it was a win! And I can't believe I didn't notice how ESTJ it was, at the time, since I definitely had heard of the MBTI (and was a TypeC forum member -- or maybe it was MBTIc?) when I wrote it.

Edit: Speaking of things being totally true to your type... Did I tell you that your signature is the most gloriously INFJ thing ever??
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Edit: Speaking of things being totally true to your type... Did I tell you that your signature is the most gloriously INFJ thing ever??
    Haha! I've had a lot of comments on that sig. It was a sarcastic commentary on that doorslamming thread. A bit unworthy of me (I don't REALLY heart doorslamming...it's more like "very occasionally necessary, but not fun.") But I do like the sig.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Row row row your boat Array SD45T-2's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

That's cool! Do you ever visit there?
    No, I've never been outside the United States. Hopefully some day I'll be able to travel more.

There was a lot of railroad activity where I grew up; the trains didn't run terribly close to me, but train tracks run through almost my entire town, and sometimes if I was up late enough I could listen to the train whistles as I was going to sleep.
    You may find this interesting: http://atsf.railfan.net/airhorns/index.html

I've lived my entire life in what used to be the heart of Southern Pacific territory. This is what's going on these days: http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/facilities/davis.shtml

I don't know if I have any railroad questions... because I don't necessarily know a lot about them, except that they're awesome as a unit/concept/thing. I guess... why is your favorite train your favorite train?
    Well, everyone loves 4449 because she's the prettiest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Pacific_4449

I've always wanted to ride this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_(train) 1950s vintage Budd Company stainless steel cars (including dome cars). It's certainly much more retro and classy than anything Amtrak has.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

So, I just re-discovered an essay I wrote when I was 18, to get a $1,000 college scholarship. The prompt was: If you could travel back in time, what would you do, and why? My answer: I would slap Socrates upside the head. My reasons: the most ESTJ things you have ever read in your life.

My favorite part, is that I ended up getting the scholarship.
    That was too funny and most awesome!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Dear ESTJs,

Do you consider yourself a Type A personality?

If so, would you prefer being a relationship with someone who was Type A, Type B or someone who was a mixture of Type A and B?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Dear ESTJs,

If so, would you prefer being a relationship with someone who was Type A, Type B or someone who was a mixture of Type A and B?
    My ESTJ says he is type A (as do any tests he takes). I'm cleanly in the type B camp.

Row row row your boat Array SD45T-2's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Dear ESTJs,

Type A, though not extremely. I'm a 1w2, not a 8w7.

I assume you mean a romantic relationship. I'd probably gravitate toward Type B.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

@EJCC, I love you guys (xSTJs generally ) but I do need to ask...are the vast majority of you workaholics?

This just occurred to me based on the post I made in that NTP/SJ thread. It really does seem to be a trend with at least several xSTJs I've known (more obvious with the ESTJs, but also obvious in a different way with my ISTJ brother.)

I kind of admire workaholics, because they get so much done, but they worry me too. I worry about them working themselves to death - and also, in terms of friendships or relationships, I kind of wonder if I'd always come low down the list after their work.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Dear ESTJs,

Yes. Not Type A enough to stress out over absolutely everything, or not trust others to do things (which is my mom's problem; whereas delegating things to others isn't very stressful for me), but definitely Type A. When I'm feeling very low-stress, I can seem Type B; some people have described me as "chill" when they first met me.
    I like a mixture of both. Being in a relationship with someone very type A would mean being in a relationship with someone who didn't trust me to do what I'm good at -- i.e. getting things and dealing with little details. Feeling like I'm not trusted to do what I'm good at not only hurts my self-esteem, but it makes me extremely resentful after a while. I'd rather be more detail-oriented than my SO, but besides that, it doesn't matter to me whether they're type A or B.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    @EJCC, I love you guys (xSTJs generally ) but I do need to ask...are the vast majority of you workaholics?

This just occurred to me based on the post I made in that NTP/SJ thread. It really does seem to be a trend with at least several xSTJs I've known (more obvious with the ESTJs, but also obvious in a different way with my ISTJ brother.)
    Yeah, I definitely am. Not as much of a workaholic as the NFJs I know (or the type 3s!), because I know where my limits are and I'm good at saying no. But most of the time, I feel like I could be doing more, or better, or both, so I become a workaholic by striving for those two things in most aspects of my life.

Some of that is due to being a 1 -- and I think type 1 STJs probably have more workaholic tendencies. But I think those tendencies are probably in every STJ. Consider how we all frown upon slacking!
    I kind of admire workaholics, because they get so much done, but they worry me too. I worry about them working themselves to death - and also, in terms of friendships or relationships, I kind of wonder if I'd always come low down the list after their work.
    That's interesting. I think it depends on the workaholic. When I was younger, I definitely put work higher on the priority list than I put my friends. But now that I'm more mature, and now that my friends are closer, they're higher on my list. (Also, as we know, part of why so many xxFJs are workaholics is because they can't say no to their friends -- which is a whole different type of workaholic altogether.)

So I don't know where you stand with your workaholic friends. If they're very good friends with you, then I'm sure you're pretty high on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like a mixture of both. Being in a relationship with someone very type A would mean being in a relationship with someone who didn't trust me to do what I'm good at -- i.e. getting things and dealing with little details. Feeling like I'm not trusted to do what I'm good at not only hurts my self-esteem, but it makes me extremely resentful after a while. I'd rather be more detail-oriented than my SO, but besides that, it doesn't matter to me whether they're type A or B.
    So why not just pick Type B?