User Tag List

First 4494134142143144145146154194244 Last

Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2609

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC.. what you said "helped"
    btw... Did anyone ever said that you could be "a bit" ESFJ? Because...
    Looking at you profile all "fluffy" and... the extent of your "assistance" post, meaning ... "you helped" definitively ...!! lol

Thanks
    LIFE is the expression of SELF within and as Oneness and Equality

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Well I'm no expert on this topic but I can say Te + Se is murder.

Like I said Te wants to control and "keep track on the goals" and Se uses physical means to meet Te's agenda, be it with force or obsessive attention to detail.

This is a very brief and vague outline so other ENTJs looking at this thread feel free to correct me and it's how it works for me (in class).

Te - By the end of today, I want an A grade.
    Se - Says to group: That group needs to die. *bulldozer face*
    Ni - Gee don't you think you're being too aggressive there?
    Te - whatever, I don't care what happens I want that A grade.
    Se - and I'm just doing the favor. *goes to micromanage group*
    Te - *looks over at group member's work* This is not up to standard.
    Se - *overreacts to seemingly minor detail* NO NO NO THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!!! IT SHOULD BE IN THE NEXT SLIDE!!

And the cycle continues until:

Te - @_@ FUCK INFORMATION OVERLOAD CANNOT THINK SO MANY DETAILS. CLUSTER FUCK *ALARM*
    Se - well it had to be done for the good grade
    Ni - I told you to step back.
    Fi - ah damn I don't think with a presentation as messy as this I can get my A grade *goes to sulk*
    Ohhhhh jeez. I guess I didn't associate Se with aggression, before now. What causes that, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by RicPTmc View Post
    EJCC.. what you said "helped"
    btw... Did anyone ever said that you could be "a bit" ESFJ? Because...
    Looking at you profile all "fluffy" and... the extent of your "assistance" post, meaning ... "you helped" definitively ...!! lol

Thanks
    Well, I'm glad that it did help! And speaking of which, no, I am not ESFJ. I really have so much Te that it's crazy. Check out my videos if you want, on the video thread; you'll see what I mean.

What you're seeing, I think, is that I'm 1w2, and not that I'm an Fe-dom -- which explains the fact that I really want to be helpful. Honestly, my Fe sucks, and anything I have that resembles Fe on this thread is due to this function dialogue:

Si: That person needs/wants advice on something, and you know a lot about it. You could give good advice if you wanted.
    Fi: Therefore, it's your duty/job to advise them.
    Te: Okay then, I'll do it!

Also, Fe types have a certain instinct, in strange social situations, that allows for them to know exactly what to do, even if they haven't experienced similar things before. And boy do I NOT have that!

EDIT: Also, a certain amount of Te is filtered out of my posts by the fact that I proofread before I post -- much more than I think before I speak.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's the in-charge style of ENTJs and combine that with Te and Se you get a very aggressive type, though I think enneagram also probably has something to do with this. These kind of situation usually happens with type 8s, I don't know about ENTJ 3s though

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    I think it's the in-charge style of ENTJs and combine that with Te and Se you get a very aggressive type, though I think enneagram also probably has something to do with this. These kind of situation usually happens with type 8s, I don't know about ENTJ 3s though
    Of course, it depends on the class. I hate the ones where group members evaluate each other - because then you have to be nice to the incompetents and slackers, otherwise they'll get revenge on you during evaluation (either make you out to be a tyrannical monster or totally make up lies together and pin YOU as a slacker).

I'm either ESTP or ENTJ, but regardless, I'm 3w4. Last project, I worked with an incompetent ESTP and a slacking ESFP. My attitude was that aggression was a really bad idea. So, I dredged up every last speck of Fe in me and "encouraged" them while giving them the boring secretarial type tasks. Worked out for me, actually. I got to man the strategy and the creative part, they took care of the details stuff.

ESTJs....how would you have dealt with group slackers? And assume you could NOT go to the professor, because she despised you as it was...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Of course, it depends on the class. I hate the ones where group members evaluate each other - because then you have to be nice to the incompetents and slackers, otherwise they'll get revenge on you during evaluation (either make you out to be a tyrannical monster or totally make up lies together and pin YOU as a slacker).

I'm either ESTP or ENTJ, but regardless, I'm 3w4. Last project, I worked with an incompetent ESTP and a slacking ESFP. My attitude was that aggression was a really bad idea. So, I dredged up every last speck of Fe in me and "encouraged" them while giving them the boring secretarial type tasks. Worked out for me, actually. I got to man the strategy and the creative part, they took care of the details stuff.

ESTJs....how would you have dealt with group slackers? And assume you could NOT go to the professor, because she despised you as it was...
    We have that system in my college too. Not that I care for people's evaluations or whatever because I know I'll be rated good because my contributions are of standard. But when it comes to these kind of slackers I usually tell them to do the powerpoint slides. The content will be done by me and other contributing group members.

That's if they even show up. But that being said I'd rather manage a small group of people who are on the same wave as I am when it comes to work ethic than to work a bunch of slackers AND the people with work ethic.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I'm a jerk for not participating in this thread more often. Actually I've just been pretty busy with school. I'm on break now though and found this question intriguing:

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I have a question:

Do you think type has an effect on the way you learn, and if so, how do you learn best? In other words, what do you hope for in a teacher/instructor/professor, and what kind of methods do you like in class? Thanks in advance.
    I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys and learns from old-school, typical lecture-type courses-- but I learn best if I can ask tons of questions and interact with the questions with a teacher. I learn best when I'm asking lots of questions and when I'm taking notes. When it's a practical, hands-on kind of thing, I'd like to see someone else do it first, then do it myself with guidance and the ability to ask questions. I appreciate a teacher who challenges me and is patient with all my questions.

Things I don't like: GROUP PROJECTS (I seem to always get stuck with people who are stupid and/or lazy) and activities that are supposed to ~make learning fun~. (I can't think of an example right now, but this stuff bugged me when I was younger.)

I don't know how much of this is type related and how much of it is individual idiosyncrasy.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

You remind them at least 10 times a day, via text, mobile, or twatter with a point by point readout of what their tasks. Everytime they don't respond, send a complementary message about how they didn't respond, because if they didn't respond they are probably unaware you were trying to reach them. Make sure their message machine audio file features their name and phone number, and if it doesn't, send another message to remind them of this fact.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sui generis View Post
    Things I don't like: GROUP PROJECTS (I seem to always get stuck with people who are stupid and/or lazy) and activities that are supposed to ~make learning fun~. (I can't think of an example right now, but this stuff bugged me when I was younger.)
    Making learning "fun", I also hated that with a passion. It just slowed down everything and made it less clear. I wanted the information, not the "fun". Movies, moving the tables to other positions,... I felt like I was wasting my time there. I could learn much faster if they just gave the information. I wanted to have more time to create my own fun which didn't have anything to do with learning.
    I guess I'm miffed every time I have to amuse myself on command.
    Of course, making learning more fun by adding experiments is always allowed.

Group projects were okay, as long as I did all the work on my own.

The ironic thing is that, now I'm a teacher, I can't teach like I would prefer being taught! I have to switch working forms often, I have to "entertain" rather than teach...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Group projects were okay, as long as I did all the work on my own.

The ironic thing is that, now I'm a teacher, I can't teach like I would prefer being taught! I have to switch working forms often, I have to "entertain" rather than teach...
    Amen.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Okay, what happened here was that I wrote a huge reply to Little Linguist, which my computer promptly deleted for no good reason, which annoyed me to the point that I avoided the thread for a long time after... So I apologize.

Here's a reply, for realz this time:

If I were your student, I would really like you Everything you've said has sounded like your class would be really fun and your students would learn a lot. My only concern is the bolded; if you said that on the first day of class, when talking about your expectations etc, I would immediately start worrying that I wouldn't figure everything out. What if I got left behind? What if I totally missed the point of the class?? What if my grades sucked and I had no idea how to fix them, and the professor (i.e. you) told me to figure it out on my own?

Of course, that entire concern would be moot if I were naturally good at the topic. But if I wasn't, and if I struggled with the concepts, that would be where I'd start to worry. Also: you seem like the sort of professor who would make yourself very available for questions whenever needed, and would help people if they were having trouble, and that's really what matters most.
    Oh, yes, I should have clarified. What I mean is: My professors always tell me to make activities 'transparent', e.g. we are doing this because... and at the end you should be able to..., and all that. But I think to myself, "Well, wouldn't that make people feel like babies?" :-/ Some people don't like being explicitly told what to do and why they're doing it. Others do, but not so explicitly. Others just want to learn their own way, and. Argh. Well, you see what I mean?

And I think I should clarify that I am always available for students. So I would never expect you to 'figure it out on your own' and that I would never be there for you. It's just that I think explicit kind of explanations should be on a case-by-case basis. Even though I have to invest more effort, it seems to work more effectively.

But you have a point. I have to mull all this over in my brain.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: