User Tag List

Page 141 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

To an ESTJ: My SO's best friend is ESTJ. And I have never really gotten along with him. Everytime I talk to him, he ends up making a ridiculous comment, that is sometimes crude. I wonder what his deal is. I have tried recently to repair things, but he again made a crude (female-oriented) comment, which I didn't really respond to. Can someone explain what he is up to?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sui generis View Post
    I try not to make other people live up to my standards though.
    Way to go!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I enjoyed the fourth video a lot. I had a sense of who you are (the strong person you are maturing into) and this fitted somewhere into my jigsaw puzzle of understanding ESTJs. Reading the thread I often am sorting, what is ESTJ, what is this particular individual - you or sui generis or one of the other ESTJs, or my own colleague? So the video helped me in that process.

For the first three videos the sound wasn't coming up clearly so I couldn't actually hear what you were saying more than in little snatches. I kept thinking, Oh, she looks like my niece! and this was a pleasant association because I'm very fond of her, but also puzzling because she's an ENTP. Then after a while I could see more decisiveness in your body language (the J rather than the P).

I haven't watched to the most recent video. The other ones I found through a link posted in this thread. To find the new one I'd have to locate where that link was posted. So I haven't done that yet.

Senior Member Array mcmartinez84's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anna intuitive View Post
    I haven't watched to the most recent video. The other ones I found through a link posted in this thread. To find the new one I'd have to locate where that link was posted. So I haven't done that yet.
    When/if you find the link, can you repost it? I looked through a bunch of pages and found no video links D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anna intuitive View Post
    I enjoyed the fourth video a lot. I had a sense of who you are (the strong person you are maturing into) and this fitted somewhere into my jigsaw puzzle of understanding ESTJs. Reading the thread I often am sorting, what is ESTJ, what is this particular individual - you or sui generis or one of the other ESTJs, or my own colleague? So the video helped me in that process.
    Excellent! I'm glad.
    I kept thinking, Oh, she looks like my niece! and this was a pleasant association because I'm very fond of her, but also puzzling because she's an ENTP. Then after a while I could see more decisiveness in your body language (the J rather than the P).
    Even more evidence of my Ne! My very first video - which I removed - left several people asking if I'm really an F, and left many ENFPs posting that they related to everything I said. It was surreal!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    When/if you find the link, can you repost it? I looked through a bunch of pages and found no video links D:
    http://vimeo.com/22924108

This is the most recent one The others, you can link to via the sidebar. I think the fourth is still my favorite, although i look the best in the fifth (i.e. the most recent) one. I dig myself into embarrassing holes in the fifth video I just hope you won't' judge me too much for them.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That, my friend, was awesome. I had forgotten which questions I even asked. Shall I make up another list of them for you? I love your videos! More comments in a bit (things here are crazy right now).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    That, my friend, was awesome. I had forgotten which questions I even asked. Shall I make up another list of them for you? I love your videos! More comments in a bit (things here are crazy right now).
    I'm glad you like them! One of these days, you should make one too - and perhaps a video conversation might arise Or at least I should show up on Ventrilo someday... I have the software and everything, but I never know when the cool people are online...

And sure, you should definitely make me another list of questions! Answering them will be an excellent distraction from studying for finals

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I forgot to address some posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    EJCC,
    Wow, you even play video games! Very interesting, thanks for the answer.
    No problem! I used to play video games a LOT more than I do now. Before, I had more free time, and so I could afford to "reward myself" with many hours of gameplay in addition to the family time in front of the TV in the evening But now I'm really busy, so I always feel like video games are a waste of time unless I'm playing them with friends - or unless I have extra time to kill that wouldn't be better used by catching up on my favorite TV shows on Hulu. Yeah, it's tricky business...
    I asked because my ESTJ dad seems to have no hobbies. Even when he likes, he can't watch a movie until the end because he always stops in the middle to wash dishes or something.
    How much free time does he have, per day? I ask because my dad is INTP and acts similarly. Not with the nagging of things you should do (that's just a type-A xxxJ thing, and my INFJ mom can be the same way) - but with feeling the need to do productive things in the middle of a movie. I think it's because he has so little time at home that he feels like there's all this stuff he SHOULD be doing, that would get neglected if his schedule was breakfast-work-lunch-work-home-dinner-tv-bed (which is what it would be otherwise).
    Quote Originally Posted by sui generis View Post
    To an extent, I relate to this. As I'm posting on here, I'm also watching TV and working on homework. Usually it's just that I have so much energy that I feel like I'm not doing enough if I'm just sitting there. I try not to make other people live up to my standards though.
    I'm the same way. Yet another example of what we've talked about before - ESTJs having higher standards for themselves than for other people.
    Also, since I have so little free time these days, I do exactly the same thing with TV; the last few times I've watched TV, I've either folded laundry, sorted through emails, or done craft-related things, like shortening the straps on one of my tank tops, or fixing a hole in a blouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    To an ESTJ: My SO's best friend is ESTJ. And I have never really gotten along with him. Everytime I talk to him, he ends up making a ridiculous comment, that is sometimes crude. I wonder what his deal is. I have tried recently to repair things, but he again made a crude (female-oriented) comment, which I didn't really respond to. Can someone explain what he is up to?
    Not sure. It could be any number of things, based on your information. Can you elaborate? Can you give an example of an exchange you've had with him?

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    ENTP

Feeling you should be productive = J?
    Should I change type??? I'm always feeling like that. If my mind isn't busy, it's wasted time. And I don't know what has hit me lately, but I'm doing the dishes first and the writing later (read: never. That's the punishment you get for doing the work first!). Or am I just procrastinating on the writing? It must be that! *confused*
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Feeling you should be productive = J?
    Should I change type??? I'm always feeling like that. If my mind isn't busy, it's wasted time. And I don't know what has hit me lately, but I'm doing the dishes first and the writing later (read: never. That's the punishment you get for doing the work first!). Or am I just procrastinating on the writing? It must be that! *confused*
    Don't change type! I think it's your Ne. I definitely give my Ne partial credit for the fact that I'm always doing something, because once my Te/Si to-do list is completed, I give my Ne free reign as a reward, which means even more projects and tasks! So I'd say a large percentage of what I enjoy doing in my spare time, I enjoy doing because I find it interesting and fun and mentally stimulating, i.e. exactly what Ne loves.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?