• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Are you as dissapointed that I am that Supernatural will not be the first infinitly running series. I was really looking forward to Dean being like Bobby Singer to a new generation of hunters. Castiel would have been his Rufus.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you as dissapointed that I am that Supernatural will not be the first infinitly running series. I was really looking forward to Dean being like Bobby Singer to a new generation of hunters. Castiel would have been his Rufus.
I feel very strongly that Supernatural should have ended after season 5 - and I tried to get back into Supernatural for the final season and just couldn't do it. I don't like the new characters!

I was about to link you to the Wayward Sisters spinoff to see if that would make you feel better, but then learned that it's not happening. :(

The Cat

Staff member
I feel very strongly that Supernatural should have ended after season 5 - and I tried to get back into Supernatural for the final season and just couldn't do it. I don't like the new characters!

I was about to link you to the Wayward Sisters spinoff to see if that would make you feel better, but then learned that it's not happening. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

Meowcat

I like warm and positive feelings! I don't like showing them too much - it's embarrassing. But I like feeling them.

Ah OK then we are like we work the complete opposite way. Hm idk what that means for type for me ...

I mean I don't mind that stuff for 2 seconds before it gotta pass or turned into action so I'll enjoy the action instead (focusing outside).

Idk, does that say anything to you about type?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah OK then we are like we work the complete opposite way. Hm idk what that means for type for me ...

I mean I don't mind that stuff for 2 seconds before it gotta pass or turned into action so I'll enjoy the action instead (focusing outside).

Idk, does that say anything to you about type?
I don't think so - not on its own, without a whole lot more data. (My typing advice is always the same: read about the functions, read type descriptions, and read about inferior "shadow mode" under stress, and the rest isn't that important.)

Meowcat

I don't think so - not on its own, without a whole lot more data. (My typing advice is always the same: read about the functions, read type descriptions, and read about inferior "shadow mode" under stress, and the rest isn't that important.)

OK, I was asking because I was curious if you link it to type at all.

Do you have a favourite or otherwise sensible description about Fi inferior? That you find fitting for yourself as an ESTJ.

The Cat

Staff member
How much outdoor gear, that you use regularly, is too much?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How much outdoor gear, that you use regularly, is too much?
If you use it regularly, then you have enough, imo.

OK, I was asking because I was curious if you link it to type at all.

Do you have a favourite or otherwise sensible description about Fi inferior? That you find fitting for yourself as an ESTJ.
I resonate with basically all descriptions of it. (Sorry to not be more specific.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your zombie plan?
I don't really have one, lol, other than 1. get somewhere safe because I'm not good at fighting, and 2. make sure my people are safe and secure.

I'm much better at the doomsday-prepper kind of survival* than I am at the "what if hordes of undead are actively trying to break into my home and eat me" kind of survival. I don't suspect very many people are truly prepared for the latter, unless they're, like, far right militant types.

*I basically already had a month's worth of food and supplies set aside before quarantine started. Aside from a $30 CVS run and a $40 grocery run, I didn't need to buy a single thing to prepare for the first month I was at home - not shampoo, not toilet paper, nothing.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

How do ESTJ survive lockdown since isn't it like living hell?:unsure:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

How do ESTJ survive lockdown since isn't it like living hell?:unsure:

- ROUTINE AND STRUCTURE! Love a good routine - stability and comfort and predictability.
- Creating a sense of normalcy in otherwise abnormal times.
- Living in the now and doing small exciting things that create meaning and fun.
- That Te-Ne lifestyle (big immersive projects, executed methodically)
- Self-care: eating enough, exercising, getting enough sleep.

I'm not saying I do all of these all the time, but they really really help - for me anyway.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actual examples of these?

Again, some examples?
I mean, whatever works for you. I can only give examples of things that do that for me, I can't tell you what'll create meaning and fun in your life.

For me:

Small, exciting things that create meaning and fun: spontaneous gatherings with housemates
Immersive projects executed methodically: cleaning/organizing, 30-day workout challenges, guitar practice

Meowcat

I mean, whatever works for you. I can only give examples of things that do that for me, I can't tell you what'll create meaning and fun in your life.

For me:

Small, exciting things that create meaning and fun: spontaneous gatherings with housemates
Immersive projects executed methodically: cleaning/organizing, 30-day workout challenges, guitar practice

Did you really expect that I wanted anyone to tell me what would create meaning and fun for ME?

How could you misunderstand my question so much? Who the fuck on earth would have such a stupid request that someone else tell them that ???? It's just annoying.

I only wanted to ask about what it is like for you - you did answer that tho' eventually

ESTJs seem to value "common sense" a lot. How would you define/describe common sense?

How often/willing are you to trying new things? For example, a friend asking you to try a new food with them that neither of you have ever eaten before?

Do you make a to-do list every day? Even for days off?

What is it about mbti that you like?

What types have you found are the hardest or easiest to live with like being roommates with?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I'm really enjoying reading this thread! It's definitely interesting & informative. Just wanted to let you know that. I hope I don't ask you any questions that you've already been asked.

What have your experiences/interactions with ExFJ & ExTP types been like? Do you know many? Do you find a lot of communication difficulties?

If you go out to eat or to a coffee shop do you usually order the same thing or have a couple regular go to items? Rather than say try whatever new thing of the month that they're offering or making your way through the flavors/menu items to try something new each time? (Side note: can you tell I like food a lot? lol)

Are there any tv or movie characters that you really relate to & why or in what ways?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you really expect that I wanted anyone to tell me what would create meaning and fun for ME?

How could you misunderstand my question so much? Who the fuck on earth would have such a stupid request that someone else tell them that ???? It's just annoying.

I only wanted to ask about what it is like for you - you did answer that tho' eventually
The context of the question (Falcarius asking) seemed like it would need to be applicable more broadly than just for me. I was still in that headspace when I answered.

Would appreciate it if you didn't snap at me like that the next time we have a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also: [MENTION=40133]Cupcakemonster[/MENTION] I don't have time right now to answer your questions thoughtfully, but I will soon!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJs seem to value "common sense" a lot. How would you define/describe common sense?
Hah - that's tough. Self-evident, intuitive truths?

How often/willing are you to trying new things? For example, a friend asking you to try a new food with them that neither of you have ever eaten before?
Depends on my mood. If I'm not in a good mood, I'd rather not take the risk of making my day worse. If I'm in a good mood, I'm much more willing to try something new.

Do you make a to-do list every day? Even for days off?
It may not always be written down, but I always have a plan.

If I don't have a clear and linear sense of what my plan is for the day - even if it's just "relax, do laundry, relax some more, TV in the evening" - something is very wrong.

What is it about mbti that you like?
I've gotten increasingly disillusioned with the MBTI over time, because the only parts of it that I find useful are parts that are NOT accessible to the general public, but I appreciate knowing that other people's decision-making processes are vastly different from mine, in clear ways that I can educate myself on, and adapt to.

What types have you found are the hardest or easiest to live with like being roommates with?
I'm actually a pretty relaxed roommate so long as my roommates respect my space and my boundaries (physical and emotional). Habitual boundary-violators and people who are not conscientious are the people I have the hardest time living with. That can be any number of types, although most recently it was an unhealthy ESFP.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I'm really enjoying reading this thread! It's definitely interesting & informative. Just wanted to let you know that. I hope I don't ask you any questions that you've already been asked.
Haha, this thread has gone on for so long that I honestly don't remember what people have asked me before. And at this point I'd probably answer differently than I did... ten years ago? (Christ.) So it's all good.

What have your experiences/interactions with ExFJ & ExTP types been like? Do you know many? Do you find a lot of communication difficulties?
I've had close friendships with those types, briefly. (It's also possible that one of my closest friends is actually an ENTP and not an ENFP, after years of self-typing as ENFP.) I tend to struggle with ENTPs when they are trolly - which is often, particularly when they're young. They don't understand why their debate style makes me angry, and I don't understand why they're so inclined to, I guess, cook and eat sacred cows for fun? And my experience with ExFJs is actually pretty great except when 1) the Fe manipulation happens, and/or 2) they read too much into my behavior even when I'm being incredibly direct.

If you go out to eat or to a coffee shop do you usually order the same thing or have a couple regular go to items? Rather than say try whatever new thing of the month that they're offering or making your way through the flavors/menu items to try something new each time? (Side note: can you tell I like food a lot? lol)
See my previous answer about trying new things.

Are there any tv or movie characters that you really relate to & why or in what ways?
Oh, plenty! My avatar (from Birds of Prey) is a great example - although an unusually extreme one, in that not only do I relate to her, but I look like her, sound like her, have the same mannerisms and a similar haircut, etc. MULTIPLE friends came up to me after watching it to say "you ARE her!"

Generally when I relate to characters, it's because I identify with their thought processes, neuroses, and how they relate to the people around them. Tragically, the characters I relate to most often are not nearly as funny as I am.