Page 124 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I also stink at maintaining long-distance relationships So unless the relationship was VERY close, it will probably die if I or the other person permanently moves away. But generally I am really good at scheduling times to meet in person, if I'm in the area I'm just bad at the long-distance part

It wouldn't surprise me, if it was an SJ thing. Maybe a Sensor thing. For me, long-distance communication almost doesn't feel real. I'd have to be talking to them in person or on the phone, for it to feel real. And even on the phone, it's awkward for me. I have this annoying tendency to accidentally interrupt people all the time when I'm the phone with them (when I'm not like that in person), and I think it's because I use so many visual cues that I can't function as well socially without them.

I dunno if online communication is awkward for me. Online friendships are awkward, though. I feel like I'm professing my deepest feelings to a computer screen And I agree that it would be awesome to meet TypeC people at some point, but I'm not at the point where that would be easy for me, yet. (Probably for reasons similar to Max's, since we're the same year in school - right? Sophomores? Correct me if I'm wrong.)
    That's good because I was beginning to take it a little personally. Or maybe I'm thinking that an ESTJ, feelings translate into action. It seems like online communication/relationship is not action-oriented enough.
    I may ask him a question in a message and he probably wonders, "Why is she asking me this? I don't have time for this now!" But when he calls (and this isn't very often), he just picks back up like there hasn't been a break. He also remembers everything I wrote to him, too (impressive in my book...I can't even begin to do this).

I think that it's just my weak Fe paranoia getting to me. I need to remember if he says he cares, then he just does...no second guessing the ESTJ.

P.S. I hope this was clear...very distracted. I'm supposed to be working on a project--not be here on TypoC!

MBTI
    ISTP

Interesting. I actually feel the exact opposite about it. I find it much easier to open up online because I'm not talking to them in person.
    Hm. Maybe it's a lot more complicated than I thought. Now that I think about it, I don't really know if there's a significant difference for me in how difficult it is between opening up to people in person and online; maybe it just depends on the specific person and experience.

Definitely. I've had a similar thought process - not that I don't have experience driving in snow (because I do), but because I don't have experience driving in heavy traffic, or highways with more than three lanes. Just thinking about it freaks me out. I would want someone else in the car with me, to tell me what to do, and therefore ensure that I don't die on the way
    Right- same general idea, just the details are different. For example, I prefer to go alone on long trips- that way, I can blast good music and drive like a maniac and not have to worry about passengers!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

ESTJs, what do you do when your feelings (yes--I know you have them) get the best of you and you say something totally inappropriate? Do you pretend that you never said a thing, say the other person was mistaken in the intent, and would act like it never even happened?

something I totally understand

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ESTJs, what do you do when your feelings (yes--I know you have them) get the best of you and you say something totally inappropriate? Do you pretend that you never said a thing, say the other person was mistaken in the intent, and would act like it never even happened?
    I either pretend like nothing happened, or I awkwardly apologize - depending on whether or not I think I was justified in my reaction. If I'm really embarrassed and/or the person is upset with me, I'll apologize. But if I inappropriately blew up at someone who I really hated, I might not apologize at all But it's worth noting that I probably apologize 90% of the time.
    something I totally understand
    Ah, T-doms...
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

A question for non-ESTJs:

should I start a blog?

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, start a blog already! I enjoy your posts and writing style. If you had a blog, I'd definitely be following it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

should I start a blog?

You're still here? And this thread is still active?

Yes, start a blog. Most people would have done so already.

You know, I left for a year, and so I expected to come back and find everything changed... a lot of things did, but you didn't.

That's one thing that's great about SJs... they don't tend to change too fast.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Yes, start a blog already! I enjoy your posts and writing style. If you had a blog, I'd definitely be following it.
    Excellent! Will do! Now I just need to figure out how to upload this massive video, and I need to figure out a blog title, and then I'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You're still here? And this thread is still active?

Yes, start a blog. Most people would have done so already.

You know, I left for a year, and so I expected to come back and find everything changed... a lot of things did, but you didn't.

That's one thing that's great about SJs... they don't tend to change too fast.
    ... I'm not sure what to make of this. You mean "not changing", just in the sense that I'm still running this thread in much the same way, right? Cause I, in general, have changed insanely since I started this thread. And I'm glad I have!

I guess I just feel like I'm too young a person to gain a reputation for not changing as time passes
    - Captain America

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

... I'm not sure what to make of this. You mean "not changing", just in the sense that I'm still running this thread in much the same way, right?
    Yes, exactly.
    Cause I, in general, have changed insanely since I started this thread. And I'm glad I have!
    Really? Well, congratulations on that. It's always good to learn how to change things that aren't working for you. It's a valuable skill that many people don't possess.
    I guess I just feel like I'm too young a person to gain a reputation for not changing as time passes
    I'm sorry, I just assumed that being an SJ, you would take that as a compliment. Besides... I actually have that reputation already just from being strongly J. I do change in subtle ways that people aren't likely to notice... but in general, I still behave the same as I did 5 years ago. Same clothes, same habits, etc. Biggest change for me was that last year, I stopped drinking cola and started drinking water. Oh, and I took a trip to New York. Those are the only two things I can say were outside of my usual pattern of behavior.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ESTJs, what do you do when your feelings (yes--I know you have them)
    No we don't!!!!!!!

A question for non-ESTJs:

should I start a blog?

Defini-

Oh, wait, that's right, I don't get a say...