• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP / ESTJ

Do you ESTJs relate to any of this? If so, which parts?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP / ESTJ

Do the ESTJs recognise any of this? If so, which parts?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ / ESTJ

Do any of the ESTJs relate to this? If so, which parts?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ / ESTJ

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
continued ISTJ/ESTJ relations...

Since [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION] talked about ISTJ vs ESTJ, I thought I would include this one too. So, again, which parts would the ESTJ relate to?

Sil

This is a test.
continued ISTJ/ESTJ relations...

Since [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION] talked about ISTJ vs ESTJ, I thought I would include this one too. So, again, which parts would the ESTJ relate to?

So much reading material...I'll get through this probably over a couple of days. If not, I've forgotten about it.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So much reading material...I'll get through this probably over a couple of days. If not, I've forgotten about it.

You said I should watch this space. So here I am watching... :dry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Will reply in more detail via PM.

It sounds like you're picking up on a fairly significant amount of discordance between us that might not be entirely accounted for by instinctual stacking.

Re: ENFP. It's possible I use a significantly larger amount of Ne than you. The only hitch with ENFP for me is that 1) I've never related to posts by ENFPs and 2) inferior Fi is pretty accurate for me.
Reinforces ENTJ in my mind.

Oh, that's unexpected. I'm quite surprised you don't relate to it at all. Especially about emotions pulling you into the present. Where do emotions take you on a past-present-future scale? Or do they not extend to that at all?
They either take me into the past, or they take me so far into my own head that time is irrelevant.

Do you generally perceive your emotions more in terms of usefulness (both practically and in terms of moral guidance)? Do you ever play around with your own emotions to just explore them as things?
I don't like exploring my own emotions unless I have a goal. Though I suppose I generally don't like doing anything unless I have a goal. I don't have much patience for purposeless things.

What kind of state do strong emotions bring you to?
Chaos. If the emotions are negative, then add confusion and alarm to that.

Also, embarrassment after the fact. This is the case with strong positive emotions too. (I think that's more e1 than MBTI.)

Huh. I wasn't aware anything I said was distinctly non-one. But it's been awhile since I delved into the enneagram, so my knowledge isn't what it used to be.

Do you also rule out 5w6 and 6w5 now?
I don't think I'm ruling them out? Not sure. But at this point I'm leaning more towards 5w4 than 5w6.

I use Si to engage in what I would call "sensation matching." Say I am standing at a street corner and am suddenly struck by a sensation. I can quickly take that sensation and run it through my internal database of past experiences to find matching sensations from previous experiences. I can identify not only what triggered the sensation in the present, but identify past moments that are sensationally congruent with the sensation I am currently experiencing.

Sensation primarily refers to a set of feelings/ideas/thoughts that are subjectively connected with a point in time. Or multiple points in time. They may or may not be at all related to what was actually happening at that point in time.

Si for me is largely involuntary.
I guess that could be Si. But to be honest it could also be Se with a good memory. I'm usually not aware of specific sensations, as much as I'm aware of something generally feeling "wrong". Only then can I zero in on it.

Edit: I am so rarely in the present moment that it's actually kind of hard to talk about physical sensations unless they're REALLY strange relative to "the usual". In that sense, your description of Si works, because at any given moment, I'm not really looking at my surroundings, so much as I'm looking at the general concept of my surroundings. How they relate to my prior experience of them, how they measure up to the Platonic ideal of them. Even when I'm in a brand new environment, I'm not in the moment, because I'm so disoriented by the lack of Platonic ideals. The lack of precedent to go from. I go into planning mode, and try to decide what potentially similar things can act as an interim precedent.

Sil

This is a test.
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

whyyyyyyy

the text is so much
the reading is freaking long
i cannot focus

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

whyyyyyyy

the text is so much
the reading is freaking long
i cannot focus

Concentrate, look in my eye...

Sil

This is a test.
Any SJs tend to get really technical about word choice and meaning in discussions? Not to be a dick, but as a byproduct of wanting to have clear communication without any underlying misunderstandings?

Do SJs tend to be very selective about word choice when discussing something?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Do you like the fact that ESTJ rearranged spells JEST? and how do you feel about the stereotype that ESTJs never jest? I don't believe that, I swear i've seen them do that more than twice

Sil

This is a test.
Do you like the fact that ESTJ rearranged spells JEST? and how do you feel about the stereotype that ESTJs never jest? I don't believe that, I swear i've seen them do that more than twice

I've never thought about rearranging the letters, but I quite like JEST.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any SJs tend to get really technical about word choice and meaning in discussions? Not to be a dick, but as a byproduct of wanting to have clear communication without any underlying misunderstandings?

Do SJs tend to be very selective about word choice when discussing something?
Sometimes. But it depends. I care about everyone being on the same page, but too much definition talk is pointless and drives me crazy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kind of questions ESTJs prefer to be asked ?
Probably not questions as vague as this one. :laugh:

But seriously: my initial instinct is to say that I don't care, but there are particular types of questions that annoy me, including overly vague questions, leading questions, condescending questions, and questions that totally miss the point.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Probably not questions as vague as this one. :laugh:

But seriously: my initial instinct is to say that I don't care, but there are particular types of questions that annoy me, including overly vague questions, leading questions, condescending questions, and questions that totally miss the point.

what's the point you are refering to?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Depends on what we're talking about?

i honestly don't know what we're talking about, and if you don't either than i guess we both can make something up :shrug:

how do you feel about that and other ESTJS?