First 2373113121122123124125133173223 Last

Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2602

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    ... if there's no work to be done, I guess?
    Well... the getting-work-done aspect of me is the default one (i.e. Te mode), but that doesn't mean that it makes me happy all the time. When I'm in Ne mode, I'm usually a lot more happy and cheerful, because I really do enjoy being goofy. But the thing is, when I'm in Te mode and someone's extremely goofy with me and my Te refuses to cede power to Ne, there are these awkward moments when I'm incapable of being funny and I just stand there like this: totally blankly and feeling like a fool. I'm at my most confident and most excited/silly/happy in Ne mode, and that's enjoyable. Getting stuff done doesn't actively cause me to be happy, though it is satisfying in a deeper way than my Ne is.

More comments on your post will follow in an edit to this... but in the meantime, it's time for bed
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

Note: hubby corrected me on the assumption he didn't dare to ask what I wanted for "fear I would think he didn't know me enough and thus didn't love me". He said it was because "you simply DON'T DO THAT!"
    Silly me...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Note: hubby corrected me on the assumption he didn't dare to ask what I wanted for "fear I would think he didn't know me enough and thus didn't love me". He said it was because "you simply DON'T DO THAT!"
    Silly me...

Man, I like your hubby more with every anecdote!
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Dear ESTJs,

can I have one of these too ?

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYJO6KSWHqU"].[/youtube]

Plz Plz Plz !

Luv ent

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Do ESTJs suffer from OOSOOM--Out Of Sight Out Of Mind? You know, prefer to deal with, have friendships, etc., face-to-face? My ESTJ friend is loyal but he really stinks at maintaining a long-distance friendship, e.g. lack of response to messages...grrr....

Ponder point: I wonder if this is an SJ thing...my ex swears he doesn't "know" his brother because he's only talked to him over the phone and by email. And yet, I have a friend (an INTJ) that I've only met twice in real life and we are extremely close.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Do ESTJs suffer from OOSOOM--Out Of Sight Out Of Mind? You know, prefer to deal with, have friendships, etc., face-to-face? My ESTJ friend is loyal but he really stinks at maintaining a long-distance friendship, e.g. lack of response to messages...grrr....
    Yeah. As much as I love online people, if it's someone I know I'll never actually see or it would be very difficult, it just almost doesn't even seem worth it to persist at keeping in touch. It's not that I don't want to, it just seems kind of... awkward sometimes, I guess is one way to put it. What I'd really like to do is take some road trips across the country to actually meet some of these people, but that's not something I can afford to do at this time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Thanks, Max...awkward how?

What about you EJCC? Do you do this, too?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dear ESTJs,

can I have one of these too ?

Plz Plz Plz !

Luv ent

That is so awesome. I'll say yes, you can have it, as long as you're aware of what would happen to you if you lost your balance. It would hurt. Especially if you were ridin' like that guy (without a shirt)
    I also stink at maintaining long-distance relationships So unless the relationship was VERY close, it will probably die if I or the other person permanently moves away. But generally I am really good at scheduling times to meet in person, if I'm in the area I'm just bad at the long-distance part
    Ponder point: I wonder if this is an SJ thing...my ex swears he doesn't "know" his brother because he's only talked to him over the phone and by email. And yet, I have a friend (an INTJ) that I've only met twice in real life and we are extremely close.
    It wouldn't surprise me, if it was an SJ thing. Maybe a Sensor thing. For me, long-distance communication almost doesn't feel real. I'd have to be talking to them in person or on the phone, for it to feel real. And even on the phone, it's awkward for me. I have this annoying tendency to accidentally interrupt people all the time when I'm the phone with them (when I'm not like that in person), and I think it's because I use so many visual cues that I can't function as well socially without them.
    What about you EJCC? Do you do this, too?
    I dunno if online communication is awkward for me. Online friendships are awkward, though. I feel like I'm professing my deepest feelings to a computer screen And I agree that it would be awesome to meet TypeC people at some point, but I'm not at the point where that would be easy for me, yet. (Probably for reasons similar to Max's, since we're the same year in school - right? Sophomores? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Thanks, Max...awkward how?
    I'm not sure if awkward was really the correct word I was looking for. Basically, there have been people I interact with online that I do very deeply care about... but it is somehow tough to express those feelings online, especially to someone I've never even met in person.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I dunno if online communication is awkward for me. Online friendships are awkward, though. I feel like I'm professing my deepest feelings to a computer screen And I agree that it would be awesome to meet TypeC people at some point, but I'm not at the point where that would be easy for me, yet. (Probably for reasons similar to Max's, since we're the same year in school - right? Sophomores? Correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Yep, sophomore. And as much as I would love to get in the car and start driving over to another state right now to visit somebody, I want to really be prepared first with the money and the time. It would have to be over the summer, for two reasons; one, because I should get some time off from school, and two, because it is too cold for me in any part of the country other than where I live at any other time of year, plus, being a Floridian driver, I refuse to ever drive through snow... And I guess that is pretty ESTJ-style thinking, to make sure to meet objectives and be prepared like that before spontaneously jumping into anything.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I'm not sure if awkward was really the correct word I was looking for. Basically, there have been people I interact with online that I do very deeply care about... but it is somehow tough to express those feelings online, especially to someone I've never even met in person.
    Interesting. I actually feel the exact opposite about it. I find it much easier to open up online because I'm not talking to them in person.
    Yep, sophomore. And as much as I would love to get in the car and start driving over to another state right now to visit somebody, I want to really be prepared first with the money and the time. It would have to be over the summer, for two reasons; one, because I should get some time off from school, and two, because it is too cold for me in any part of the country other than where I live at any other time of year, plus, being a Floridian driver, I refuse to ever drive through snow... And I guess that is pretty ESTJ-style thinking, to make sure to meet objectives and be prepared like that before spontaneously jumping into anything.
    Definitely. I've had a similar thought process - not that I don't have experience driving in snow (because I do), but because I don't have experience driving in heavy traffic, or highways with more than three lanes. Just thinking about it freaks me out. I would want someone else in the car with me, to tell me what to do, and therefore ensure that I don't die on the way

Subject change: Someone asked, many many pages ago, why I joined the forum. I'm going to add to my previous answer, because I just found an XKCD comic that perfectly expresses why I joined:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)