Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

^^ I agree. I would have done it out of caring for the person and the relationship, and a reward isn't necessary. Though cooking a good meal is always appreciated.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey, I know a reward is not necessary But still I want to thank him, you know, because he really helped me there.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

OMG THE THREAD IS ALMOST ON PAGE 2.

Must...
    Rescue it!!!

So, any more questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Is an ESTJ under some serious stress when they tell you, "I've got a lot going on in my head."? My sister is an ENTJ and she says it is better for her NOT to keep rolling thoughts in her head (as an INTP, I can't even imagine this!).
    This is a bad sign with an extroverted thinker, isn't it? Is it a sign of being stuck?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Is an ESTJ under some serious stress when they tell you, "I've got a lot going on in my head."? My sister is an ENTJ and she says it is better for her NOT to keep rolling thoughts in her head (as an INTP, I can't even imagine this!).
    This is a bad sign with an extroverted thinker, isn't it? Is it a sign of being stuck?
    I dunno about other ESTJs, but for me, "having a lot going on in my head" = "doing a lot of soul-searching" = "feeling conflicted" = "needing to solve problems that are impossible to ask people for help on" = "dealing with a bothersome amount of uncertainty". So yeah - a lot of stress. And not just a lot of stress, but a lot of stress that's very personal, sensitive and vulnerable. In fact, it might be a sign of an INFP shadow moment. (Maybe - not totally sure how the shadow stuff works.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

EJCC!!! Thank you so very much...that was awesome. I think you captured exactly what is going on with someone very dear to me. After your explanation, I understand why he doesn't want to talk. I think the best I can do for him is give him some privacy, yes?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

OMG the enthusiasm That makes me so happy that I helped

As for leaving him alone... Generally, yeah But not entirely. Maybe doing the standard things that people do to cheer people up - e.g. inviting them places, or watching a movie with them? Either way, not letting them be alone for too long. As much as that type of issue requires alone time to think, it's also really sad being a lonely ESTJ; regardless of what kind of mood we're in, I don't think we were meant to be alone for long periods of time, left alone with our darkest thoughts. (I know this from experience.) Sympathy and distraction are generally good for me, in those situations.

MBTI
    ENTP

@ Redbone: I think it has more to do with them being J than with being E. I start to feel bad whenever there are less than +/-20 thoughts in my head. The worst I feel is if the number of thoughts is reduced to only one, repeating all over again, spelling doom and failure. Js - and I guess especially the SJs - like to think one thought after another, not all at the same time.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    @ Redbone: I think it has more to do with them being J than with being E. I start to feel bad whenever there are less than +/-20 thoughts in my head. The worst I feel is if the number of thoughts is reduced to only one, repeating all over again, spelling doom and failure. Js - and I guess especially the SJs - like to think one thought after another, not all at the same time.
    OMG, absolutely. Absolutely. Did I mention... ABSOLUTELY. Just like you said - because we think about things in terms of what needs to get done, and putting those things in a priority list, if things are (seemingly) insurmountable and/or impossible to prioritize, that causes some serious stress. Although one thought repeating over and over is pretty bad too. It's just a different type of stress. An unscientific way that I might distinguish them (and I'm almost positive that this is just me): One bad thought repeating over and over makes me want to yell at someone/thing, and too many bad thoughts at once make me want to hide in a corner and cry.

Also, although you're right that it's more J than E, the E doesn't help much... lol.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

How may non-ESTJs rock a jaunty cap?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic