Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I will comment on your comments soon - but in the meantime:

How I Think, Part 2 on Vimeo

PART 2!
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

What do immature ESTJs often act like? Compared to mature ESTJs.
    Welcoming-

Insightful-

Passionate-

Friendly-

ENFP, 9w1, sx so sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

By the way, I really liked you "How I think, part 2" video. It was very entertaining and informative.
    Welcoming-

Insightful-

Passionate-

Friendly-

ENFP, 9w1, sx so sp

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    What do immature ESTJs often act like? Compared to mature ESTJs.
    I'm inclined to say... more moody, less rational, less critical thinking. Mostly the critical thinking - immature ESTJs I've known are much harder to reason with. Also, depending on the immature ESTJ in question, there's barely any Fe at all. They just say what they think and don't hold back, and then they're genuinely surprised when people dislike them as a result!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    By the way, I really liked you "How I think, part 2" video. It was very entertaining and informative.
    Thanks! I re-watched it a couple of times and noticed that I was completely factually wrong on some occasions (e.g. the fact that the ENFP friend I was talking about turned out to be ESFJ ), but I said what I thought at the time, at the very least.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

How can I be more like this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itHkMuhwar4"]foot+ass[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Omigod I am SO sorry I didn't reply weeks and weeks ago!!!

But my answer is: Practice in front of the mirror and then try it on friends, and then random people on the street who annoy you!

A window to the soul

I'm curious if ESTJ's are attracted to INFP's? If so, what is the attraction?

Something I've observed recently, is that I keep finding myself curious about ESTJ's and one in particular in my life that keeps persisting and maybe that's why I'm fascinated (because of the persistence). As much as he acts like he is so frustrated with my reserved, introverted ways sometimes, I'm also getting the sense that he finds it challenging and iristable; love/hate maybe. I can tell he's really trying to understand me or figure me out. ESTJ's seem different in public, often... crude, cocky, easily provoked into road rage (behind the wheel of my ride), crazy at the track in my ride and no amount of screaming "cut it out" makes the ESTJ stop (it just makes it worse), and hell bent on proving very stupid petty points! Bringing out my fiery side on a regular basis.

Despite all of that, ESTJ's have a lot of very attractive masculine qualities I think: carry a conversation, always seem to have a plan, know what they want (when I don't), will push back when I'm too reserved, take charge when I'm stuck, brings new meaning to the word fearless, will force me into dangerous/exciting situations at high altitudes, will force me to talk when there's nothin to say (grrrr...), will force me to fight back when I resist until I explode (which seems to really turn an ESTJ on); persistent in not letting me runaway for space before working things out (annoying, but it's a sign of caring I think.)

One-on-one ESTJ's can be incredibly focused, laid back, warm, caring, funny, sensitive, and loyal. A healthy ESTJ will also make it a point to engage me in conversation and listen attentively. Naturals at impressing my family... almost saintly; funny to watch.

That's my experience. So I wonder what ESTJ's think of INFP's... the cold, hard truth.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I am exhausted and was just about to close my computer when I clicked on this thread.

Short answer: I LOVE INFPs. I have talked about this elsewhere, esp on my blog, but one of my best friends is an INFP, and I've had the pleasure of having other close INFP friends as well. I don't always understand where they're coming from, nor do they understand me, but I have a lot of respect for them. They balance me.

INFPs ARE challenging and intriguing to me. Unlike me, they don't think all of their thoughts out loud so it requires quite a bit of patience in waiting for them to open up, if they do at all. It's interesting, though.

I don't think I could date one, though I love having platonic intimacy with them. Sorry, but a recent encounter with an ENFP guy has soured me on dating F's. It's bad news for me. But this is by no means a universal rule or anything-- the ESTJ might be awesome for you!

EDIT: I loved this part:

One-on-one ESTJ's can be incredibly focused, laid back, warm, caring, funny, sensitive, and loyal. A healthy ESTJ will also make it a point to engage me in conversation and listen attentively. Naturals at impressing my family... almost saintly; funny to watch.
    When we're good, we're good.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENTP

How do you reward an ESTJ who had worked his Fe to death just in order to comfort you?

Case in question: a few days ago I had real problems with a class. I was afraid of them, afraid of doing something wrong again, and felt generally bad. I didn't even get those feelings of mine (the fear was something he helped me to identify) - the only thing I knew was that I couldn't go through with it. So we talked, he really Fe-style comforted me until my emotions calmed down enough for me to face them and analyze them and find reasons.

Now I feel bad about that. I don't want to bother other people with my emotions! Especially not people I love. What should I do for him? Cook his favorite meal?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    How do you reward an ESTJ who had worked his Fe to death just in order to comfort you?

Case in question: a few days ago I had real problems with a class. I was afraid of them, afraid of doing something wrong again, and felt generally bad. I didn't even get those feelings of mine (the fear was something he helped me to identify) - the only thing I knew was that I couldn't go through with it. So we talked, he really Fe-style comforted me until my emotions calmed down enough for me to face them and analyze them and find reasons.

Now I feel bad about that. I don't want to bother other people with my emotions! Especially not people I love. What should I do for him? Cook his favorite meal?
    If I were him, I'd think of it as something I had to do, so not necessarily anything that deserved a reward - because I wouldn't have been doing it for a reward. It would have been because I cared. So, for me, reward enough would be a thank you (along the lines of "I know that must have been a pain to deal with, but it really helped me and I appreciate it") and the knowledge that things were solved partially because of my help.