Page 114 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Fi: "hey guys you're not really paying attention to how you might be hurting the people involved in this idea "
    Te: "shh Fi, our theory rocks."

it's interesting to hear how this is similar/different to the loop for ESTJs.
    Definitely interesting. Esp. since the top thing I quoted is something I never do at all!! Hurt feelings? What??? Since when do other people's feelings have a role in anything??

Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Definitely interesting. Esp. since the top thing I quoted is something I never do at all!! Hurt feelings? What??? Since when do other people's feelings have a role in anything??

a notable time it happened to me was in college when my personality psychology class was discussing a fairly psychologically unhealthy friend of my professor's (identity kept a secret, of course). he read us a blurb his friend had written especially for the class to use and asked us to talk about what we noticed, why we thought he was having that trouble, and what we could go about addressing.

so i built up a great big theory about certain weaknesses that he was showing, and why, and how he could go about fixing them. i thought it was brilliant. people told me later that it was quite smart.

except after i laid out the whole thing to my professor, instead of being overtly pleased with me, he looked vaguely sad. he said that i had done well and then turned to the class as a whole and reminded us that we need to remember not to overlook a person's strengths, too.

basically i had gotten so excited about my idea that i had forgotten to treat the person like a person, and not as a problem to be solved. :sad:

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

a notable time it happened to me was in college when my personality psychology class was discussing a fairly psychologically unhealthy friend of my professor's (identity kept a secret, of course). he read us a blurb his friend had written especially for the class to use and asked us to talk about what we noticed, why we thought he was having that trouble, and what we could go about addressing.

so i built up a great big theory about certain weaknesses that he was showing, and why, and how he could go about fixing them. i thought it was brilliant. people told me later that it was quite smart.

except after i laid out the whole thing to my professor, instead of being overtly pleased with me, he looked vaguely sad. he said that i had done well and then turned to the class as a whole and reminded us that we need to remember not to overlook a person's strengths, too.

basically i had gotten so excited about my idea that i had forgotten to treat the person like a person, and not as a problem to be solved. :sad:
    ... See, I read that anecdote and think "That's exactly the right way to go about it!" ... ... But that's my Te talking.

So, I have a question for people who like hearing ESTJ perspectives (and this includes other ESTJs): I really want to record another video for the TypeC Video Challenge thing, and I was wondering what I should address in the video. Is there anything you'd really want to see an ESTJ talk about in video form, vs. typed out? I'm just really bad at BSing in those situations, and I'd rather be productive with the video, you know?

Thanks, all!

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

... See, I read that anecdote and think "That's exactly the right way to go about it!" ... ... But that's my Te talking.
    Me too! I probably would have been right there backing you up in that class.

Is there anything you'd really want to see an ESTJ talk about in video form, vs. typed out? I'm just really bad at BSing in those situations, and I'd rather be productive with the video, you know?

Thanks, all!
    Nah, I can't think of anything I would specificially want to see in video vs text, but I would definitely watch your video.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    Me too! I probably would have been right there backing you up in that class.
    Me too! Fe? What Fe? There's a problem to be solved! I love solving problems!! And we're helping the person, don't we? FeTamske is happy with that...
    I would point out the strenghts too when talking to that person, when that person is in front of me and I'm able to see him as a person and not a case study. I think that's the core problem I've got with your story. The professor took a person as a case study and expected you not to study the case!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

So, I have a question for people who like hearing ESTJ perspectives (and this includes other ESTJs): I really want to record another video for the TypeC Video Challenge thing, and I was wondering what I should address in the video. Is there anything you'd really want to see an ESTJ talk about in video form, vs. typed out? I'm just really bad at BSing in those situations, and I'd rather be productive with the video, you know?

Thanks, all!
    You definitely should! I, for one, would like to hear about how you think...how your mind works. How you go about your daily life. When you use intuition and how it works for you. I'd like to know a little bit about your development (personality) - if that's not too personal to ask. And I'd like to know how you feel and what you do with your emotions, and stuff like that?

Why? Well, for one thing it would be interesting for all of us to see how an ESTJ really thinks - break the mold and the stereotypes. And for another, I have kind of an ulterior motive because I'm still not quite sure if I might...not...just....maybe....be....an....dare I say it....? Well I just want to know how many SJ traits I have, phrase it like that.

So if you would do that, and then post me a little message when you make a new video, that would be mucho awesome.

If you find a better idea you'd rather do, have at it, too. No pressure. Just that would be interesting for me.

And I should keep better tabs on this thread, that would help, too.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Me too! Fe? What Fe? There's a problem to be solved! I love solving problems!! And we're helping the person, don't we? FeTamske is happy with that...
    I would point out the strenghts too when talking to that person, when that person is in front of me and I'm able to see him as a person and not a case study. I think that's the core problem I've got with your story. The professor took a person as a case study and expected you not to study the case!
    That was my issue too!!! Why bring someone up as a scientific case study when you're just going to be depressed when you hear the accurate results?!? If you're gonna do SCIENCE, you gotta be SCIENCE-Y. And science-y-ness means keepin' your feelings to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    You definitely should! I, for one, would like to hear about how you think...how your mind works. How you go about your daily life. When you use intuition and how it works for you. I'd like to know a little bit about your development (personality) - if that's not too personal to ask. And I'd like to know how you feel and what you do with your emotions, and stuff like that?

Why? Well, for one thing it would be interesting for all of us to see how an ESTJ really thinks - break the mold and the stereotypes.
    It would be awesome to try and break those stereotypes... but, and I hate to be high maintenance (srsly - I do hate to be), but I have a hard time with that question. Not that I don't want to answer it, but it's just so open-ended. People have even asked me that before on this thread (lol, maybe it was you who asked it the last time too ), and it always goes like

Person: "How do you think? How do you go about your day? What goes through your head??"
    Me: "Um... :confused: ... I dunno...."

So maybe, if it's not too much trouble, if you could elaborate a tiny bit more? Pretty plz?
    And for another, I have kind of an ulterior motive because I'm still not quite sure if I might...not...just....maybe....be....an....dare I say it....? Well I just want to know how many SJ traits I have, phrase it like that.
    Dude. After watching that one video of you, I'm 99% positive that you are NOT ESTJ. I don't know if it's even possible for an ESTJ to have that much goofy energy.

Also, I made a new friend a couple of weeks ago who reminds me of you a little bit, and I've typed her as ENFP.
    So if you would do that, and then post me a little message when you make a new video, that would be mucho awesome.

If you find a better idea you'd rather do, have at it, too. No pressure. Just that would be interesting for me.

And I should keep better tabs on this thread, that would help, too.
    Yes, I'll post a message; No, I won't think of new questions (since I fail at being creative in this regard ); and yes, you should totally check this thread out more often.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

LL, I think you're an ENFP with super Te.

don't fence me in Array sui generis's Avatar
    MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

If you're gonna do SCIENCE, you gotta be SCIENCE-Y. And science-y-ness means keepin' your feelings to yourself.

I have a hard time with that question. Not that I don't want to answer it, but it's just so open-ended. People have even asked me that before on this thread (lol, maybe it was you who asked it the last time too ), and it always goes like

Person: "How do you think? How do you go about your day? What goes through your head??"
    Me: "Um... :confused: ... I dunno...."
    And I never know what to say to that because I don't know what's different in MY head from others' heads. I mean, I've talked with people of different types, which I also find fascinating, but I've never been in anyone's head except for my own.

Dude. After watching that one video of you, I'm 99% positive that you are NOT ESTJ. I don't know if it's even possible for an ESTJ to have that much goofy energy.

OK, I haven't watched the video, but I've got to say that there are times that my goofy energy is off the charts. But I've already established that I'm a strange ESTJ.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    And I never know what to say to that because I don't know what's different in MY head from others' heads. I mean, I've talked with people of different types, which I also find fascinating, but I've never been in anyone's head except for my own.
    I totally get this. It's so hard to tell what's "normal" - When I talk on here about things that I do, I alternate between hearing "that's totally normal" and "whoa, that's so different", from people. Pretty much impossible to know until you bring it up.

OK, I haven't watched the video, but I've got to say that there are times that my goofy energy is off the charts. But I've already established that I'm a strange ESTJ.
    Okay, two things:

1. You're not a strange ESTJ. You actually remind me a lot of You'reWrongI'mRight, sometimes, and I'm 99% sure that the reason why is that both of you are sillier/goofier on the internet than in real life. (Well, actually, YWIR is pretty hyper in her videos, but she's told me that she's a lot more calm and Te-ish most of the time.) That's the case even for me. Also, you're an 8 and I'm a 1, which automatically makes me much more subdued/restrained than you. In short, we're all normal here

2. That video is beyond anything you can imagine, man. It's like - take the most bizarrely energetic a person can be, and then keep that energy maintained at its EXACT level for like FIVE STRAIGHT MINUTES. It's awesome. Watch it.