User Tag List

First 25292100101102103104112152202 Last

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2613

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ You mean, on occasion, you actually like movies that make you want to cry?

Hm.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Occasionally? Yeah. I can't remember ever seeking one out, but it's not always a bad thing in my book.
    *shrugs*
    *prepares to hand in card*
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    *prepares to hand in card*
    No, don't do that! This could easily be some weird thing on my part, having nothing to do with being an ESTJ.

Ah well. *sigh*
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Or it could be that I'm the one who's quirky and an atypical ESTJ. Your reaction would be more logical for the type.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

So does anyone need a question answered here or do we all spout our brand of unqiueness.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ You mean, on occasion, you actually like movies that make you want to cry?

Hm.

I didn't realize that people didn't. I guess it's the emotional equivalent of going on a rollercoaster. You get a thrill without being in any real danger. I admire a writer or movie maker who is able to make me feel that way.

Was Toy Story 3 a tear jerker?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I didn't realize that people didn't. I guess it's the emotional equivalent of going on a rollercoaster. You get a thrill without being in any real danger. I admire a writer or movie maker who is able to make me feel that way.
    Oh, I know that a lot of people feel that way - how else would a movie like "The Notebook" exist? I was just surprised that a fellow ESTJ would feel that way, when I completely don't. I figured that it must relate to that one thing we talked about a while ago - ESTJs resenting it when people tell them things that make them upset. I see it as almost the same thing.
    Was Toy Story 3 a tear jerker?
    It unearthed emotions in me that I really didn't want to be feeling. Beyond that, it confuses even me.

Here's the post, to save people going back a page:
    Question for ESTJs (and ISTJs as well, I suppose): Do you resent movies when they make you feel powerful emotions that you didn't want, or weren't expecting, to feel? A personal example is Toy Story 3, which was so unexpectedly intense and powerful that I felt almost traumatized at the end, and, despite everyone else's positive reviews (I know no one who didn't love it), would never recommend it to anyone.

I always feel like I'm weird for acting like that, but I guess I just don't consider that sort of emotion to be cathartic - it's almost the opposite. Cathartic, for me, is "Dexter", or "The Bourne Supremacy", or "The Wire" (which is, in my opinion, Urban Shakespeare) - NOT anything that would make you cry or even consider crying.

Is this terribly weird? Do any of you relate?
    I guess no one relates. Wow, I must have issues I apologize for all this.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Here's the post, to save people going back a page:

Since i am in a good mood today and we have had interesting discussions in the past, i am going to go ahead and answer your question to make your feeling of idiocy go away.

to answer your question, it is fully natural for anyone to experience this kind of thing, even for a movie.

From my personal experience, if it so happens that quality is so well , and meets certain point where reacting emotionally is a good appeal. And yes in that situation, when i do get emotionally engrossed in the movie, i do get the feeling that my natural detachment is waning and that i am overreacting ridiculesly in a irrational manner over something as trivial as a movie. It can really get to me.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

No, no apologies necessary. And I don't think you have issues. If you remember, I said that I *have* experienced that, just not all the time. So you're not wrong or weird or whatever. Within 16 types, there's a bajillion individuals.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think that's why it's interesting to have more than one person of the same type respond. Enneagram maybe also figures in to some of the differences. I wish on the INFJ common Issues thread that even more INFJs would respond for that reason.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: