User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 49

  1. #21
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *Coat of arms: a giant pink T-Rex eating a hut, with lazers and sharks and stuff
    Barney, the hungry Dinosaur?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default What would you do if you was in power?

    I was go buck on yo ass!

  3. #23
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    End the wars.
    Get rid of our weapons of mass destruction.
    Get bullet trains and really good mass transit.
    Build more bike paths, to connect cities to one another for people who prefer to walk or cycle.
    Stop bailing out big companies (GM, AIG, etc.)
    Send fewer people to prison, not more. It's a waste of resources.
    Make white collar criminals get jobs that don't allow them access to money and require them to pay restitution and do community service and have probation officers whose former career was "bill collector."
    Decriminalize drugs and provide more and better drug treatment programs to addicts.
    Provide health insurance for everyone (the United States is really backward in this area, but that's not a surprise because we don't even use the metric system except in scientific fields).
    Solar and wind energy for all public buildings.
    Get drunk drivers off the road.
    Job retraining for anyone who needs it.
    Better education: foreign languages, art, music, practical skills (balance checkbook, minor home repairs, etc.)
    End the war on drugs!
    Close Guantanamo!
    No more barbaric stuff (torture, extraordinary rendition)
    Oh, and the smoking thing that's come up a few times.
    Well-ventilated smoking rooms in public places. It seems more fair to smokers and nonsmokers alike. I'm very allergic but don't object, just as long as I don't have to smell it and become congested and then sleepy from the "nondrowsy" allergy pill.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    +100

    I love your ideas regarding education especially, I have always hated one size fits all education, it is bullshit and produces graduates without any real world skills.
    Cheers, I'm a kinesthetic learner myself which is the least developed style of learning in schools

  5. #25
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    If I was in power I would panic and hit the red button as soon as someone (another country) emotionally upset me. j/k......I think.

    No seriously I wouldn't want to be in power, if I got it for some strange reason I would try to give it away since I'm too pessimistic to believe that any idealistic change I attempted to influence would even work.

    The part that frightens me, is more that I can see myself being quite a tyrant trying to get people to do as I think they should in order to create a utopia.

    Ie don't even get me started about what I would do trying to get countries that treat women like dirt, or still engage in slavery, or racism, or corruption in government to change their ways.

    So all in all it's a bloody good thing I have no wish to be in power.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  6. #26
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    If I was in power I would panic and hit the red button as soon as someone (another country) emotionally upset me. j/k......I think.

    No seriously I wouldn't want to be in power, if I got it for some strange reason I would try to give it away since I'm too pessimistic to believe that any idealistic change I attempted to influence would even work.

    The part that frightens me, is more that I can see myself being quite a tyrant trying to get people to do as I think they should in order to create a utopia.

    Ie don't even get me started about what I would do trying to get countries that treat women like dirt, or still engage in slavery, or racism, or corruption in government to change their ways.

    So all in all it's a bloody good thing I have no wish to be in power.
    lmao .. Wow. I do understand where you are coming from.
    Pi**ed off + emotions = Your all going to die (me included).
    The nice side of me would be trying to accomplish some kind of utopia.
    The other side well i would be judge, jury and executioner.

    I think it might be best to leave it up to someone else. I am still willing to be second in command though. (i need my power trip)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  7. #27
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    lmao .. Wow. I do understand where you are coming from.
    Pi**ed off + emotions = Your all going to die (me included).
    The nice side of me would be trying to accomplish some kind of utopia.
    The other side well i would be judge, jury and executioner.


    I think it might be best to leave it up to someone else. I am still willing to be second in command though. (i need my power trip)

    Haha totally. I have a side of me that no one really needs to see, the judge jury and executioner in me is held back on a short leash.

    I'm with you on the second in command thing, that I could handle. It would have to be with a really hot rational type though. :pornstar:
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  8. #28
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post

    It would have to be with a really hot rational type though. :pornstar:
    Most definitely . All work and no play, hehe
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  9. #29
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    If I were in power...



  10. #30
    Pronounced eye-ee-dee Eiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Right on Raz, super hot uniforms in pecking order..
    Johari / Nohari

    Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

    Independent Director

Similar Threads

  1. What would you do if your income was taken care of?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-30-2017, 02:54 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 06:44 PM
  3. What would you do if your income was taken care of?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-11-2016, 08:41 AM
  4. What would you do, if in 2 years, all oil was used up?
    By Tantive in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO