User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by saslou
    I don't mind constructive criticism but i will not stand by and let someone poke and rip my character to shreads.
    So you felt that someone pointing out martyr behavior to you was ripping your character to shreds? Or that my response to your thread was? Sorry, not exactly sure what you mean by this statement.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm curious about the book as well. I'd actually read the entire thing as opposed to cherry-picking for ammo.
    Very good read, it is by Eve Delunas. It is from 1992 so you will pay a pretty price for it. Well worth it though (i got mine from amazon and its a signed copy, great, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    So you felt that someone pointing out martyr behavior to you was ripping your character to shreds? Or that my response to your thread was? Sorry, not exactly sure what you mean by this statement.
    No, got me wrong there. You spoke about 'martyr' which got me thinking.
    Then you mentioned how some people didn't mind you 'talking about possible faults in their character' or whatever. Then i replied about the not minding constructive criticism but dislike having my character ripped to pieces.

Phew. Hope that cleared that one up.

I was giving an opinion on what you said is all.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Worried - plagued with terrible worries and fears of bad things that may happen.

Doormat - Allowing themselves to be stepped on by others while behaving as lowly servants.

Depressed - filled with sadness, everythings dark and dreary with no hope.
    These are the ones I can relate to during my low times.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ESFJ

Thats whats really good though about this book.

Now we are able to recognise some of our behaviours, the next time it happens, we can try and have better control over it. Like the book states sometimes in situations we need to play the game. That's OK, its the extremes and the consequences it can have not only on our lives but also on the lives of those around us that can make things difficult and ourselves unhealthy.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Worrying = yes. (Before big deadlines, you'll often hear me say things like "I'm concerned. I don't know if I'm PREPARED!")
    Depressed = occasionally.
    Nagging = OH yeah.
    The rest = not so much.

I would REALLY like to think that I don't complain (genuinely). Whenever I do, it's in a self-deprecating way that's only half sincere, to make people laugh.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!