User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I just looked at that too - thanks heart for posting. Read it out to my SJ hubby. We laughed at the Nag / Poor Me Game (so true!) - then my games too, some home truths there (look at me, what a martyr) LOL.

Although I can READ MINDS - historically proven to be accurate. I may not always know exactly what is going on, but I know when something is going on ...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It looks like I play all the SJ and NT games, two of the SP games rarely (Empty and Outrage), and one of the NF games (Mind reader).

Weird. It looks like it didn't work so well for me...

MBTI
    YaYa

Sure you're not thinking of INTP?

We are the kings of whining.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The SJs I know will whine or complain about something just to start a conversation. If it's just joking around then I'm fine with it, but if it's constant then I will start to get very annoyed. If they whine and don't make any hints of resolving it then I will get very annoyed, and I'll think "why the hell did they even bring it up if they're just going to be lazy about their problems?"

But it doesn't happen all that often, it seems like the really bad and annoying complaining happens when an SJ is stressed or has something bothering them.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISXJ

+1 Blackcat, that seems to be how I complain. I usually do it in a joking or self-deprecating manner. And yeah, on occasion I'll use it to start conversations. I think the only people who really see me complain are very close friends or family.

To a certain extent, I can relate to all the "complaining types" that saslou mentioned in the OP except the depression one...I think I generally have a positive outlook on life.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I usually do it in a joking or self-deprecating manner.
    I forgot to mention this, but yeah.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

My ISFJ friend sent me an e-mail the other day as a conversation starter listing all of the ailments he had suffered from since the first of the year. Now he goes on to say he has poison ivy:....I guess he wanted tea and sympathy from me. I was underwhelmed. I am so used to hearing this sort of thing from him that I just tune it out. Needless to say, it failed to start a conversation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

There is probably some truth to this. My SJ never stops complaining. Ever. I am immune. I really don't even notice it anymore and has led to me developing such formidable patience, it's like a secret weapon.

Actually, I can usually get a good barometer of our relationship by analyzing what she is complaining about. Like the other day, she complained for a solid 30 minutes about how far away I live [it's 15 minutes, MAX]. She put on a show. It isn't fair, think of the miles on my car, gas expense, I'm not doing this all summer, why can't you live closer, etc. However I offered to pick her up instead, I don't mind, it's not really that big of a deal. Nope, wouldn't have it.

Though I guess if the only thing she is complaining about is the 15 minute drive to my house I must be doing a pretty good job so I don't really worry about it.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Though I guess if the only thing she is complaining about is the 15 minute drive to my house I must be doing a pretty good job so I don't really worry about it.
    Sounds like she wants you to ask her to move in together. But I am no good at this type of stuff, so don't take my word for it.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Sounds like she wants you to ask her to move in together. But I am no good at this type of stuff, so don't take my word for it.
    I bring this up constantly but she says it'd be a waste of money to rent [kinda agree, I'd rather freeload until I can buy] and whenever I bring up alternatives she just gets mad. She just wants to complain because she had a bad week or is bored. I just think it's funny. She came over that night anyways and I offered to carry her from her car to inside the house because the drive over must have been so tiring, I thought she was going to blow a gasket, she got so mad! It was adorable