User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Introverted SJs

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Introverted SJs

Do you ever wish you were less introverted, and more extroverted?

MBTI
    LoLz

Yes. I often have the trouble of getting myself out of my head. I've been using my job in retail as a way to try to fix this. I've been noticing more frequently the times when I'm helping a customer, and I'm so stuck in thought that I haven't vocalized my thoughts to let the customer know I'm actively thinking of a solution to their problem. It's hard to intentionally vocalize what you're thinking.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

No, I don't. Life's a growing experience. I can change myself through practice. I can improve things. I like the mix that I am I just want to improve it a slight bit.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    I

I honestly do. It's hard for me too, because I used to be really extroverted, at least much more than I am now. Now I'm highly introverted, I'm trying to get back to that level I was at previously.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I wish I were able to make friendships more easily. I get the sense that always being polite and unrevealing makes people less willing to approach me personally. It's like being respected but not loved. So in that capacity sometimes I wish I were more E.

But then being more I I think creates a little more of a mysterious aura around me. It makes me a better listener and makes my words count more. And I have time to develop deeper relationships with the fewer people. I guess you could say I'm more "real," which pleases me.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

Yeah, but then again, I feel the same positives that Take Five does. I guess it's good to be who I am.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Interesting the thoughts on this. I seem very extroverted and friendly at first, until I settle into my surroundings. Then I just quietly glide past smiling and waving hi at a distance.

Friendly and nice, leave me with the feeling a lack of personality or could it be their character's a bit weak. I usually fall into this category, so I never get close to others, for fear they might find me a bit dull. Anyhow, I never go out of my way to make friends. However, I do find highly intellectual persons very attractive, they can talk forever and I can soak up a good deal of information in the process.

I have noticed being too real is not always great. I had a site on Yahoo 360 showing the real me and had one or two people mildly interested. However, I decided to switch to Multiply; keep my identity a secret and never refer to myself. Suddenly I was very popular. It got to be too much to keep up with for my introverted needing some time alone personality and about a year later shut it down. I still get asked when will I reopen it, but I much prefer to have my free time spent in being me than in keeping up the status quo.

I love introverted persons for their depth of feelings and thoughts and would love to spend some quiet time talking to one person rather than a highly energetic extroverts that need to answer their phones every five minutes. LOL I love extroverts also, they show me how to never dwell in depression and always look for the positives in life. I just wish they had the intensity to be completely focused on our friendship/relationship.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yes, I wish I was more extroverted. I'm so socially awkward around new people. It's hard at times on me. when I'm around friends, it's not a problem and they were pretty understanding. My ENFP BF takes the pressure off me for the most part, but when he's not around, it is pretty hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

I prefer to see the strengths of being and introvert (Less prone to loneliness, ability to work independently, and such) and use them to my advantage rather than seeing the strengths of being an extrovert and simply drooling over them.

So, to answer the question, I do not ever wish I was an extrovert. (Nor do I usually wish to be something I cannot be. Practicality associated with being an S, I suppose)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I wish I were able to make friendships more easily. I get the sense that always being polite and unrevealing makes people less willing to approach me personally. It's like being respected but not loved. So in that capacity sometimes I wish I were more E.

But then being more I I think creates a little more of a mysterious aura around me. It makes me a better listener and makes my words count more. And I have time to develop deeper relationships with the fewer people. I guess you could say I'm more "real," which pleases me.
    I agree with that 100%.

I found out recently that people think I'm cold, which amazed me. I also think my boss thinks I'm boring. So I'm trying to be more expressive and 'fun' in a conventional sense. It seems to be paying dividends, but it's so exhausting keeping up the charade.
    That's not me in reality, and I suppose I really wish people would accept my introvertedness and put a bit more effort into getting to know me, if they really care.
    For some reason, other quiet people get away with not saying or doing much, and they're far quieter and less expressive than me. People think that I'm deliberately hiding myself, and that the quiet me isn't the real me, and I don't know why I give off different vibes.

But to answer the question, I don't like extraverted character traits in general because to me they seem fake, or plain annoying - so I'd rather be I anyway. It filters out superficial people.