User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    So the more prevalent types on this forum, do they get on to communicate, learn or understand? What is it that makes them post so much? I'm wondering if they criticize others like they have done here. Is this the way used to start a debate? Maybe that is why we are boring. We don't get our feathers ruffled so easily..
    You could be on to something here...perhaps our belief systems and values are not as fluid as the other types. I mean, the SJs apparently get the label of "rigid" anyway. Usually when I do post I already have an opinion in place. People are welcome to debate it, but at the end of the day it's unlikely that I will change my position (not impossible, but also not probable). I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough.

What I find funny is that the other types will sometimes jump to the conclusion that my decision/belief was made based on following someone/something and without taking into careful consideration why I believe it...which is not even close. Every one of my beliefs I have examined and reexamined...we are the inspectors for crying out loud! We thrive on picking things apart and analyzing every detail. There is always rationalization behind my decisions. Just because another person doesn't agree does not invalidate my POV...and you're right, Eiddy, it doesn't ruffle my feathers to have someone disagree with me. Personally, I don't like conflict, so I'd likely just walk away saying "to each their own."

MBTI
    I

It's a combination of the fact that there aren't as many SJs as other types on here, and that the SJ attitude is more matter-of-fact and less debate-oriented than say... the NTs or NFs.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough.

We thrive on picking things apart and analyzing every detail. There is always rationalization behind my decisions. Just because another person doesn't agree does not invalidate my POV...and you're right, Eiddy, it doesn't ruffle my feathers to have someone disagree with me. Personally, I don't like conflict, so I'd likely just walk away saying "to each their own."
    I can identify with you so completely. I come here to escape the real world. I love making friends and I just don't have the time or energy to have a conflict with someone.. I will just ignore it or claim ignorance. LOL

Analyzing every detail. I have always loved doing that. Looking at leaves and putting ants on them to float down a stream or looking at the tiny forest to be found in a tiny area of grass, interests me.

I know that I am not the person with a problem when others tend to disagree.. I am an ISFJ who can disagree with a person that is on your side to begin with in the first place. hahaha

I take it that others are just having a day (life) or whatever and figure if they knew me better than they really shouldn't take offense.. I can't function enough on the things I need to take care of, much less giving more energy to maintain a conflict just for the sake of conflict..

I'm going back to play a game in arcade.. Call me if there is an emergency. LOL

lots of hugs to you Recoleta..
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    It's a combination of the fact that there aren't as many SJs as other types on here, and that the SJ attitude is more matter-of-fact and less debate-oriented than say... the NTs or NFs.
    I like your signature.. How could I get one (the one that opens the other windows to compliment you)???
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    I

I like your signature.. How could I get one (the one that opens the other windows to compliment you)???
    All you gotta do is go here - Interactive Johari Window - take the test online (and here: The Nohari Window - Personality Flaw Map) and follow the instructions at the top and bottom.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

hahaha yes I have been there, but I don't know you well enough to give an accurate assessment of your personality. Judging from other ISTJ's that I have had in class, they were the best students from the boys. We seemed to get along great..

Now you oh so smarty pants how can I get one to have others assess me??? LOL
    Last edited by Eiddy; 05-30-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Edit: ok I have given my subjective analysis. lol I now have a Johari window too.. Thanks
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

MBTI
    I

No problem.^^ And thanks for filling out my window.

I'm gonna use this opportnity to advertise my windows. Everyone out there, please critique and compliment me:

Johari: Interactive Johari Window - Describe TheChosenOne
    Nohari: The Nohari Window - Describe TheChosenOne

Thanks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes .. More activity on this forum would be gratefully appreciated.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Yeah... sometimes I don't check this forum for a few days and then when I finally do, sometimes there's hardly been any new posts.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

... and perhaps most of us live our lives out more in the real world...so maybe we don't frequent the forum as often?

Plus, we're likely the most-hated group on the forum and people think they know "all they need to know" about us since we are so prevalent in the real world, so they don't bother to come and ask questions. Of the few times others ask questions, it is usually asking for dating advice or something.
    I'm pretty damn busy irl, but I multi task well. And I don't handle down time well. If I am waiting for something, it's very easy for me to respond to a post.

I don't hate you guys. It's really more that I don't understand you guys. Which is why I ask questions (I remember a particular thread about always getting the 3rd degree...)

So the more prevalent types on this forum, do they get on to communicate, learn or understand? What is it that makes them post so much? I'm wondering if they criticize others like they have done here. Is this the way used to start a debate? Maybe that is why we are boring. We don't get our feathers ruffled so easily..
    Our (or at least my) feathers don't ruffle so easily at all. And I don't feel like we criticize each other. I come here to gain understanding. I do this through asking questions about a variety of different topics so I can get a clear picture about a person or a type. I find SJs often just ask the question they are interested in hearing the answer to, so the threads don't move as quickly. I was always taught that if you really want to know a person, never ask a question that can be answered with a yes or no.

You could be on to something here...perhaps our belief systems and values are not as fluid as the other types. I mean, the SJs apparently get the label of "rigid" anyway. Usually when I do post I already have an opinion in place. People are welcome to debate it, but at the end of the day it's unlikely that I will change my position (not impossible, but also not probable). I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough.
    I rarely come to a decision, but when I do it's based on careful thought and I cannot be swayed. But I'm still interested in why others hold the opinions that they hold, especially when it seems so clear to me that it should be a different way. It's not conflict, it's curiosity.

I get on here to get out of the real world, too. So I answer topics (generally) about what interests me.

What things would you rather discuss? You should just start posting threads about that stuff...