• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Time to put your thinking caps on :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Look out of your window, open your front door.

Explain to me how we got here from your point of view and why do we exist?

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
SJ don't have caps, they have Top Hats:

29_11338_Top_Hat_Stovepipe_300.jpg

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I know the simpliest explanation is usually the best one.

But the big bang theory and meteors crammed with rich material to make our earth plentiful and flourish. Well i know its simple but it lacks excitement.

I think it would be far more cool to say that we are the experiments of aliens (bit like the matrix) and that when they realised we were not growing as we had the potential to. They started again. Thus the missing link in evolution (OK so they have just found a fossil, but evidence can be fixed to portray a particular outcome).

Evidence to back this up.
Caves somewhere shown drawings of a man (could be jesus) standing on possible fire looking all spacey (lol). Maybe not miracles he performed but acts as he was able to use more than an portion of the brain at any one time.

The missing link.

I was looking up the big words for the evolution of man in that chart thing that you used to see at school on the science wall. Anyway i found a different website instead. Again, funny how you can always find the evidence to back up your idea even if there is a possibility it could be classed as 'wrong'

III. Proof that DNA was designed by God:

1) DNA is not just a molecule - it is a coding system with a language & alphabet, and contains a message

2) All languages, codes and messages come from a mind

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a Mind

Now change the word God .. To a different higher being far more advanced than us mere mortals.

Why are we here?

I am only 30, i am still working that one out.
The new terminator film looks good though. :)
lol

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
SJ don't have caps, they have Top Hats:

29_11338_Top_Hat_Stovepipe_300.jpg

I am surprised i must say .. I thought a NT would of jumped straight in to answer my question to the SJ's ..

Top of the day to you sir. (slowly tilts hat)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I am surprised i must say .. I thought a NT would of jumped straight in to answer my question to the SJ's ..

Top of the day to you sir. (slowly tilts hat)

Holy shit, a top hat was the answer to your question. I am ecstatic.

G-Day back to you duck.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
12inchvictorianwallhat.jpg

Well, if thinking hats are de rigeur, here. :cheese: Sorry for the rather large size.

However, I tend to think this topic is beyond the scope of a forum. Thus, I think I'll opt out. Sorry Sas!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
:huh: .. I try my best and still .. lol.

There is always tomorrow.

No more hat pictures please. :doh:

:smile:

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
But it's so fun to pick out hats! Not.

I try my best and still .. lol.

Hey, some of the other SJs will probably chime in. Just not me, as I like the discussing/debating rather too much and don't have time for it right now. :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Can't really tell, if I were to guess, I would say...

I honestly don't know. This is why I watch some of these space programs, to try and figure things like this out. There have been so many theories on this, but no credible evidence to narrow it down.

What I've seen is that it's probably a gradual process as we evolved from apes. Sorry if I couldn't have been of more help lol.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Aww Sas,

I have to commend you on trying to rally the troops into an actual discussion. Could it be that we - in this neck of the woods (forum) - are more inclined to talk about ourselves, our thoughts about how we perceive the world, rather than try to objectively analyze it at a distance?

So back to your analysis, is this for SJ and TJ's or for humans on the whole? *tells self stop asking questions* Sorry about that.. Erm, the theory of DNA as a complex structure and its inclusion in all living things. Does tell me that there must be a higher mastermind, if it is God, as most people are inclined to believe and in His (holy) books He talk about things of a more spiritual nature. Does this mean that spirits are also created with a similar structure.. Does wind have DNA??

Could it be this is where the theory of evolution vs. God exists?

If there were aliens, as some are inclined to believe, (I myself am not sure where I stand on this.) I would think that they would make themselves undisputedly known. On another note... It would be pure ignorance or could it be arrogance to think that they would want to come to destroy our race, after crossing that vast distance to just come so that they could study or destroy us.. Maybe? But, it's highly doubtful. *Starts to think about ants, crossing the ocean, to destroy or study the other ants* It would be more accurate to think that they would like to hold this world in their "back pocket" so to speak, as a source of minerals and/or energy.

Also our galaxy as we know it, is measured according to our measurements. If superior beings came from another solar system, galaxy or dimension suppose if we were measured by their scale and were considered of minute proportions or of a different DNA structure. Could we be of any real and lasting importance in their concept of reality or would it be of more benefit to search for more beneficial and superiorly intelligent beings. Since we can't even seem to make it out of our own solar system and our life span is considered of short duration and/or little value.

Could it be of what meaning are we then, if only based each in or on our own realities as we see it?

I'm guessing this could be considered off topic and if you have read through this.. thanks.

I also want to thank saslou for getting me out of my head and back into the bigger picture of things.. I really needed this, this morning especially..

Any thoughts??

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
It's my world and you're just part of it.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Babe .. I tried (and failed)
But i will have a go at your theory.

Aww Sas,

I have to commend you on trying to rally the troops into an actual discussion. Could it be that we - in this neck of the woods (forum) - are more inclined to talk about ourselves, our thoughts about how we perceive the world, rather than try to objectively analyze it at a distance?

So back to your analysis, is this for SJ and TJ's or for humans on the whole? *tells self stop asking questions* Sorry about that.. Erm, the theory of DNA as a complex structure and its inclusion in all living things. Does tell me that there must be a higher mastermind, if it is God, as most people are inclined to believe and in His (holy) books He talk about things of a more spiritual nature. Does this mean that spirits are also created with a similar structure.. Does wind have DNA??

This is where i hit my first stumbling block. GOD. Show me proof he exists and then i could possibly believe. Noone can do this other than show me a book. *sigh*

Could it be this is where the theory of evolution vs. God exists?

If there were aliens, as some are inclined to believe, (I myself am not sure where I stand on this.) I would think that they would make themselves undisputedly known. On another note... It would be pure ignorance or could it be arrogance to think that they would want to come to destroy our race, after crossing that vast distance to just come so that they could study or destroy us.. Maybe? But, it's highly doubtful. *Starts to think about ants, crossing the ocean, to destroy or study the other ants* It would be more accurate to think that they would like to hold this world in their "back pocket" so to speak, as a source of minerals and/or energy.

Why make themselves known if we are just an experiment. Our possibilities are endless (intervention always plays a part here). We have free choice to make of our lives as we choose. Imagine for a moment your a researcher, firstly all data is possibly corrupt to show in favour of a desired outcome so there is a flaw. You need people to participate. The list can be endless. Being a higher being (or alien lol) you can look down and view everything and see all outcomes and you haven't intervened at all. Free choice.
Look just how many history books we have in existence and how many have unfortunately been detroyed. We like to know where we have come from. Could higher beings not possibly look at us with the same intrigue.

Also our galaxy as we know it, is measured according to our measurements. If superior beings came from another solar system, galaxy or dimension suppose if we were measured by their scale and were considered of minute proportions or of a different DNA structure. Could we be of any real and lasting importance in their concept of reality or would it be of more benefit to search for more beneficial and superiorly intelligent beings. Since we can't even seem to make it out of our own solar system and our life span is considered of short duration and/or little value.

Ok, i am not suggesting they are going to turn on us and destroy the human race (we are doing a pretty good job of that ourselves) but i suppose if you are at the top of the ladder, your always going to be looking down, i think anyway. If they are so advanced (and possibly not realising there are more intelligent beings out there), wouldn't make more sense to view us even from a distance and observe our behaviour.
Now i have a kid who loves conspiracy theories so this is where i have been suckered in. We dont know we haven't been visited by 'something'. The governments of the world are not going to willing hand out this information as 1 - suddenly religion can be questioned and religion = money and power.
2 - your going to have mass cult suicides going on.
3 - Another form of control.
4 - Could the governments really stop them from coming or if they did become hostile towards us, well what could we do? (being the inferior lot and all)

Could it be of what meaning are we then, if only based each in or on our own realities as we see it?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I stopped subscribing to religions late last year. Too much bullshit involved in religions to actually believe in any of them. All of them have faults and can be proven wrong, so why consider any of them? I'll just focus on what makes me happy and go from there.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
It really does seem that there are more of us agnostics out there then ever before. Maybe back in history persons couldn't profess disbelief or they would have been burned at the stake... Funny how it was these religious persons professing faith to have done this.

Aww Sas.. you did not fail, we failed you. United we stand, divided we fall. Puts on my mouse ears. LOL

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Personally I believe in God and creation of the Universe by him. I'm also quite religious to go with it. A lot of evolutionists think the idea of God is ridiculous but I feel the same way about the whole 'big bang theory' and evolution. I also think there is more proof out there of an intelligent being behind the creation of the universe and the human race than there is of some fish magically appearing and growing legs, etc. I've read that even a lot of scientists in the modern age are starting to discredit the theory of evolution.

Though I will agree that religion is responsible for a large part of the suffering humans have gone through throughout history and there are flaws with almost every one out there.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Aww Lighting rider.. I don't disbelieve in God, I disbelieve in man and his books professing to all be the "Truth" at the sole exclusion of the others. Everyone has a right to their own belief systems, its when it crosses over to the believe as I believe that I can't accept what is known as their "Truth". Agnostic and Atheist are worlds apart in some respects.. I consider myself an Agnostic Theist, so I have no arguements there. ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've picked myself up now .. We shall make a stand (even if it is amongst ourselves) lol

I stopped subscribing to religions late last year. Too much bullshit involved in religions to actually believe in any of them. All of them have faults and can be proven wrong, so why consider any of them? I'll just focus on what makes me happy and go from there.

That's faith for you. I have always seen religion as another form of control. Doesn't the bible actually state somewhere that you shouldnt worship him in a place of worship. That symbols shouldn't be used in his name. etc etc.

It really does seem that there are more of us agnostics out there then ever before. Maybe back in history persons couldn't profess disbelief or they would have been burned at the stake... Funny how it was these religious persons professing faith to have done this.

Oh how times have changed ..

Personally I believe in God and creation of the Universe by him. I'm also quite religious to go with it. A lot of evolutionists think the idea of God is ridiculous but I feel the same way about the whole 'big bang theory' and evolution. I also think there is more proof out there of an intelligent being behind the creation of the universe and the human race than there is of some fish magically appearing and growing legs, etc. I've read that even a lot of scientists in the modern age are starting to discredit the theory of evolution.

Though I will agree that religion is responsible for a large part of the suffering humans have gone through throughout history and there are flaws with almost every one out there.

It is great that we are able to keep open minds about this. I think this is the biggest problem, trying to seperate religion and science.

Aww Lighting rider.. I don't disbelieve in God, I disbelieve in man and his books professing to all be the "Truth" at the sole exclusion of the others. Everyone has a right to their own belief systems, its when it crosses over to the believe as I believe that I can't accept what is known as their "Truth". Agnostic and Atheist are worlds apart in some respects.. I consider myself an Agnostic Theist, so I have no arguements there. ;)

As i always say, each to their own. Although i don't believe in god, i perceive myself to be a spiritual person (or is this just new age jargon). I don't pray to god when i have a problem but i do ask out loud for help in times of need. I don't know who would be listening but i do believe we each have someone watching over us. :)

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lol, I wasn't pointing to anyone specifically or attacking anyone incase anyone got that idea... I was just sort of stating what I believe in (creation vs evolution). Of course I feel that everyone should have the right to believe in what they want to, humans do have free will after all, I think we should all be allowed to use it how we want to. I also agree that those who use religion as a means to control others or who force their beliefs upon others have the wrong idea. As I said, free will is to be used... The decision is up to each individual.

And yeah, while I am religious I also by no means discredit science. I think the two can go together nicely, even if at times there are places where some branches of science can conflict with religion and cause controversies (abortion is possible because of science for instance, also stem cells etc). But yeah, I think science is great as well, it is the reason we have many of things we have today and I think it's fascinating that we've come as far as we have. I just don't agree with every aspect of science and some scientists/theorists theories, like evolution for example...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol, I wasn't pointing to anyone specifically or attacking anyone incase anyone got that idea... I was just sort of stating what I believe in (creation vs evolution). Of course I feel that everyone should have the right to believe in what they want to, humans do have free will after all, I think we should all be allowed to use it how we want to. I also agree that those who use religion as a means to control others or who force their beliefs upon others have the wrong idea. As I said, free will is to be used... The decision is up to each individual.

And yeah, while I am religious I also by no means discredit science. I think the two can go together nicely, even if at times there are places where some branches of science can conflict with religion and cause controversies (abortion is possible because of science for instance, also stem cells etc). But yeah, I think science is great as well, it is the reason we have many of things we have today and I think it's fascinating that we've come as far as we have. I just don't agree with every aspect of science and some scientists/theorists theories, like evolution for example...

An SJ will never see anyone pointing or attacking .. Apparantly we are just to damn nice. Not that i felt you was but hey, if you wanted to and if its your opinion then you are entitled to it, so sod what anybody else thinks. ;).

I was also under the impression we were meant to be rather closed minded as we rarely shift our opinions on whatever given subject. We are clearly showing everyone here that we are infact open minded enough to have a rational debate without stepping on anyone's toes.

Woooo Hooo SJ's ..

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why did I get up and open the door? :huh: