User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21

    Default

    Lol, yay for us.

    I just wanted to make sure I avoided conflict... It was not my intention to cause any.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Rider View Post
    Lol, yay for us.

    I just wanted to make sure I avoided conflict... It was not my intention to cause any.
    Totally understand. .

    I dont mind conflict, sometimes its good to air the laundry but i wish i didn't feel like i had to hold back. Those moments do happen rarely but thats when i am ready to explode.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  3. #23
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

    That's faith for you. I have always seen religion as another form of control. Doesn't the bible actually state somewhere that you shouldnt worship him in a place of worship. That symbols shouldn't be used in his name. etc etc.

    You lost me on that. What do you mean? It's just, I already have so much crap to worry about everyday and where I'm going, that I don't need to fill my brain with something that can't really be proven and you have to take a leap of faith to understand. It makes me wonder how SJs can actually take in religion. The kind of thought required for the idea of faith goes against the lifestyle of an SJ.


  4. #24
    Senior Member Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I know the simpliest explanation is usually the best one.

    But the big bang theory and meteors crammed with rich material to make our earth plentiful and flourish. Well i know its simple but it lacks excitement.

    I think it would be far more cool to say that we are the experiments of aliens (bit like the matrix) and that when they realised we were not growing as we had the potential to. They started again. Thus the missing link in evolution (OK so they have just found a fossil, but evidence can be fixed to portray a particular outcome).

    Evidence to back this up.
    Caves somewhere shown drawings of a man (could be jesus) standing on possible fire looking all spacey (lol). Maybe not miracles he performed but acts as he was able to use more than an portion of the brain at any one time.

    The missing link.

    I was looking up the big words for the evolution of man in that chart thing that you used to see at school on the science wall. Anyway i found a different website instead. Again, funny how you can always find the evidence to back up your idea even if there is a possibility it could be classed as 'wrong'

    III. Proof that DNA was designed by God:

    1) DNA is not just a molecule - it is a coding system with a language & alphabet, and contains a message

    2) All languages, codes and messages come from a mind

    3) Therefore DNA was designed by a Mind

    Now change the word God .. To a different higher being far more advanced than us mere mortals.


    Why are we here?

    I am only 30, i am still working that one out.
    The new terminator film looks good though.
    lol
    I've stated my opinions on this before. I've discussed it from multiple sides. I believe in God not a god. Intelligent design of some sort is much more credible. Beyond that it's more of a matter of faith. I do have a lot of posts on it though, one of which is fairly recent and provides a good explanation. There are even more reasons than what you listed to evidence intelligent design, unfortunately even if it's the more logical argument in some cases there has to be an exact contrasting argument.
    - Caleb

    "I am what I need to be..."

    "Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

  5. #25
    Pronounced eye-ee-dee Eiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Rider View Post
    Lol, yay for us.

    I just wanted to make sure I avoided conflict... It was not my intention to cause any.
    Lightening Rider, you are sweet.. Believe me I know when I am being attacked. LOL have a few of those threads I'm in the middle of watching.

    Stating your opinion is never an attack. Saying that we (ISFJ's) are Swifty McNoSkills is.. LOL don't comment on it, please it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. It is hard being an ISFJ much less having to defend ourselves against eachother.. I don't think so. Our extrovert counterparts understand us

    Thanks Sas and Pure Mercury. Oh and the ST's sometimes too..

    Now Lighting Rider before I continue.. not to make any assumptions, but are you female or male. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, but maybe we can team up and share our POV without conflict on the others who really don't understand us. hahaha

    I do wish to see more action on the SJ threads.. Are we going to make this happen or what????
    Johari / Nohari

    Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

    Independent Director

  6. #26
    Senior Member FallaciaSonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I used to "argue" with people on this issue a lot. Not really argue, so much as defend myself. Not that I was really trying to battle, I was just trying to explain my point of view. (After I studied theirs.)

    Whoever is bored can check out the thread here:

    RMXP.ORG RPG Maker Forums • View topic - Religion, what do you think?


    I have the same forum name / picture on that site as well, and I haven't read any of the new posts after April. The idea of a debate is to have both sides learn from each other. Everyone I was conversing with had this strange notion of trying to "disprove" me. Quite strange, really. I just wanted to learn and to teach.

    Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Lightening Rider, you are sweet.. Believe me I know when I am being attacked. LOL have a few of those threads I'm in the middle of watching.

    Stating your opinion is never an attack. Saying that we (ISFJ's) are Swifty McNoSkills is.. LOL don't comment on it, please it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. It is hard being an ISFJ much less having to defend ourselves against eachother.. I don't think so. Our extrovert counterparts understand us

    Thanks Sas and Pure Mercury. Oh and the ST's sometimes too..

    Now Lighting Rider before I continue.. not to make any assumptions, but are you female or male. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, but maybe we can team up and share our POV without conflict on the others who really don't understand us. hahaha

    I do wish to see more action on the SJ threads.. Are we going to make this happen or what????
    Lol

    I just wanted to make sure incase someone got the wrong idea... it can be a sensitive topic...

    I'm a male, and yeah, as I said in the other topic, the SJ forum needs more good topics and definitely more posts. I didn't realise there were others 'who don't understand us' either lol I don't really visit the other type forums too often.

    I would like to see the post on whoever said that ISFJ's have no skills though.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It makes me wonder how SJs can actually take in religion. The kind of thought required for the idea of faith goes against the lifestyle of an SJ.
    I personally think the only person i can have faith in is myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    I used to "argue" with people on this issue a lot. Not really argue, so much as defend myself. Not that I was really trying to battle, I was just trying to explain my point of view. (After I studied theirs.)
    Everyone I was conversing with had this strange notion of trying to "disprove" me. Quite strange, really. I just wanted to learn and to teach.
    People seem to think we are very solid with our views. I couldn't disagree more. I like opinions from other perspectives. It does seem though that i have to argue my point, which could be just as valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Rider View Post
    Lol

    I'm a male, and yeah, as I said in the other topic, the SJ forum needs more good topics and definitely more posts. I didn't realise there were others 'who don't understand us' either lol I don't really visit the other type forums too often.

    I would like to see the post on whoever said that ISFJ's have no skills though.
    Please feel free to add a thread anytime you like . We are the odd bunch, lol. SJ's are feely which creates so many problems *tut*.

    I have been here since Feb and it was only a few weeks ago that i dared look at the other forums. Def go and check out the NT forum. Your head may explode with intrigue. lol.

    No one bites though so you'll be fine
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  9. #29
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I personally think the only person i can have faith in is myself.
    Yay, so the ESFJ does know how to be cynical.


  10. #30
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    .. Just one of my middle names. lol

    I do have my moments.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Similar Threads

  1. Why do you or do you not put your MBTI type on your TypoC profile?
    By Esoteric Wench in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Yesterday, 09:20 PM
  2. [E5] Ok it's time to put the microscope under the microscope - 5w6
    By KitchenFly in forum Enneagram Type Profiles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 09:40 PM
  3. Time to re-evaluate myself (again?) - what do you think I am/could be?
    By TenebrousReflection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:22 AM
  4. Chatroom! More ways to waste your time :o
    By proteanmix in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO