• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Time to put your thinking caps on :)

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lol, yay for us.

I just wanted to make sure I avoided conflict... It was not my intention to cause any. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol, yay for us.

I just wanted to make sure I avoided conflict... It was not my intention to cause any. :)

Totally understand. :).

I dont mind conflict, sometimes its good to air the laundry but i wish i didn't feel like i had to hold back. Those moments do happen rarely but thats when i am ready to explode. :devil:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's faith for you. I have always seen religion as another form of control. Doesn't the bible actually state somewhere that you shouldnt worship him in a place of worship. That symbols shouldn't be used in his name. etc etc.

You lost me on that. What do you mean? It's just, I already have so much crap to worry about everyday and where I'm going, that I don't need to fill my brain with something that can't really be proven and you have to take a leap of faith to understand. It makes me wonder how SJs can actually take in religion. The kind of thought required for the idea of faith goes against the lifestyle of an SJ.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know the simpliest explanation is usually the best one.

But the big bang theory and meteors crammed with rich material to make our earth plentiful and flourish. Well i know its simple but it lacks excitement.

I think it would be far more cool to say that we are the experiments of aliens (bit like the matrix) and that when they realised we were not growing as we had the potential to. They started again. Thus the missing link in evolution (OK so they have just found a fossil, but evidence can be fixed to portray a particular outcome).

Evidence to back this up.
Caves somewhere shown drawings of a man (could be jesus) standing on possible fire looking all spacey (lol). Maybe not miracles he performed but acts as he was able to use more than an portion of the brain at any one time.

The missing link.

I was looking up the big words for the evolution of man in that chart thing that you used to see at school on the science wall. Anyway i found a different website instead. Again, funny how you can always find the evidence to back up your idea even if there is a possibility it could be classed as 'wrong'

III. Proof that DNA was designed by God:

1) DNA is not just a molecule - it is a coding system with a language & alphabet, and contains a message

2) All languages, codes and messages come from a mind

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a Mind

Now change the word God .. To a different higher being far more advanced than us mere mortals.

Why are we here?

I am only 30, i am still working that one out.
The new terminator film looks good though. :)
lol

I've stated my opinions on this before. I've discussed it from multiple sides. I believe in God not a god. Intelligent design of some sort is much more credible. Beyond that it's more of a matter of faith. I do have a lot of posts on it though, one of which is fairly recent and provides a good explanation. There are even more reasons than what you listed to evidence intelligent design, unfortunately even if it's the more logical argument in some cases there has to be an exact contrasting argument.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Lol, yay for us.

Lightening Rider, you are sweet.. Believe me I know when I am being attacked. LOL have a few of those threads I'm in the middle of watching. :newwink:

Stating your opinion is never an attack. Saying that we (ISFJ's) are Swifty McNoSkills is.. LOL don't comment on it, please it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. It is hard being an ISFJ much less having to defend ourselves against eachother.. I don't think so. :huh: Our extrovert counterparts understand us :hug:

Thanks Sas and Pure Mercury. Oh and the ST's sometimes too.. :wubbie:

Now Lighting Rider before I continue.. not to make any assumptions, but are you female or male. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, but maybe we can team up and share our POV without conflict on the others who really don't understand us. hahaha

I do wish to see more action on the SJ threads.. :cheese: Are we going to make this happen or what????

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I used to "argue" with people on this issue a lot. Not really argue, so much as defend myself. Not that I was really trying to battle, I was just trying to explain my point of view. (After I studied theirs.)

Whoever is bored can check out the thread here:

RMXP.ORG RPG Maker Forums • View topic - Religion, what do you think?

I have the same forum name / picture on that site as well, and I haven't read any of the new posts after April. The idea of a debate is to have both sides learn from each other. Everyone I was conversing with had this strange notion of trying to "disprove" me. Quite strange, really. I just wanted to learn and to teach.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lightening Rider, you are sweet.. Believe me I know when I am being attacked. LOL have a few of those threads I'm in the middle of watching. :newwink:

Stating your opinion is never an attack. Saying that we (ISFJ's) are Swifty McNoSkills is.. LOL don't comment on it, please it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. It is hard being an ISFJ much less having to defend ourselves against eachother.. I don't think so. :huh: Our extrovert counterparts understand us :hug:

Thanks Sas and Pure Mercury. Oh and the ST's sometimes too.. :wubbie:

Now Lighting Rider before I continue.. not to make any assumptions, but are you female or male. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, but maybe we can team up and share our POV without conflict on the others who really don't understand us. hahaha

I do wish to see more action on the SJ threads.. :cheese: Are we going to make this happen or what????

Lol

I just wanted to make sure incase someone got the wrong idea... it can be a sensitive topic...

I'm a male, and yeah, as I said in the other topic, the SJ forum needs more good topics and definitely more posts. I didn't realise there were others 'who don't understand us' either lol I don't really visit the other type forums too often.

I would like to see the post on whoever said that ISFJ's have no skills though.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It makes me wonder how SJs can actually take in religion. The kind of thought required for the idea of faith goes against the lifestyle of an SJ.

I personally think the only person i can have faith in is myself.

I used to "argue" with people on this issue a lot. Not really argue, so much as defend myself. Not that I was really trying to battle, I was just trying to explain my point of view. (After I studied theirs.)
Everyone I was conversing with had this strange notion of trying to "disprove" me. Quite strange, really. I just wanted to learn and to teach.

People seem to think we are very solid with our views. I couldn't disagree more. I like opinions from other perspectives. It does seem though that i have to argue my point, which could be just as valid.

Lol

I'm a male, and yeah, as I said in the other topic, the SJ forum needs more good topics and definitely more posts. I didn't realise there were others 'who don't understand us' either lol I don't really visit the other type forums too often.

I would like to see the post on whoever said that ISFJ's have no skills though.

Please feel free to add a thread anytime you like :). We are the odd bunch, lol. SJ's are feely which creates so many problems *tut*.

I have been here since Feb and it was only a few weeks ago that i dared look at the other forums. Def go and check out the NT forum. Your head may explode with intrigue. lol.

No one bites though so you'll be fine :newwink:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
;) .. Just one of my middle names. lol

I do have my moments.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Read my posts in the Philosophy and Spirituality area, esp. in the "what is this god of which you speak" thread. It's a good start anyway.