User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Stereotypes of STJs

    I have always considered the ISTJ types, the accountants of the world. Is that a sterotype, similar to ISTPs being the mechanics of the world? I have also considered ESTJs the bankers of the world. Is that a stereotype as well? What are some of the STJ sterotypes when it comes to work relations and type in general? Just from talking to those at INTJForum and knowing some ISTJs personally they have always been much more spontaneous (much more than I) than onlookers who only know them superficially, can appreciate. This may have been discussed in another thread, so you can forward me if that is the case.

  2. #2
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    They are stereotypes, though STJs may be overrepresented in accounting-like positions. I for instance have never had any interest in entering the business/banking/accounting field.
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  3. #3
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    My Dad is ESTJ and he is a retired Army Colonel who then made it in the IT industry.

    My friend's sister is an ESTJ and she is 100% hellbent on things going her way, and heaven help you if you are not in alignment with her.

    ESTJs can be hardcore. They can be a pain in the ass, but they can be real cool too.

  4. #4
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    I think there are three types of ISTJ:

    Military/Paramilitary (Law Enforcement)
    Teaching
    Mathematicians (Accountants, Bookkeeping, Bankers)

    I fall under the first category, although I am going to school for the second. (I DESPISE doing math!)
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Two things that I have noticed about my ISTJ acquaintance, which is ironic, is her disdain for organized religion although she is spiritual, and her sense of right and wrong, but she is very open minded.

    The ESTJs that I know will not allow your hard work to go unnoticed and will fight tooth and nail (almost to a point of appearing subjective in their view) if they consider you one their own.

  6. #6
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Do STJs have an affinity for money???
    Will they adopt me???



    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I have always considered the ISTJ types, the accountants of the world. Is that a sterotype, similar to ISTPs being the mechanics of the world? I have also considered ESTJs the bankers of the world. Is that a stereotype as well? What are some of the STJ sterotypes when it comes to work relations and type in general? Just from talking to those at INTJForum and knowing some ISTJs personally they have always been much more spontaneous (much more than I) than onlookers who only know them superficially, can appreciate. This may have been discussed in another thread, so you can forward me if that is the case.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  7. #7
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    The ESTJs that I know will not allow your hard work to go unnoticed and will fight tooth and nail (almost to a point of appearing subjective in their view) if they consider you one their own.
    +100 - Absolutely, you hit the nail on the head with this one.

    My best friend's sister and I have always got along great. She is somewhat confrontational and I can be too at times so we understand each other. She has always taken my side whenever something got squirrely.

    ADAGE: I handcuffed myself to her on Halloween night when I was still in high school as she was going to hang out with her disphit ex-boyfriend. I delayed her for hours, denying I had the keys. After I released her my friend told me she would have killed anyone else and chopped off their hand and gone out for the evening.
    She's a gem!

  8. #8
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I can't speak for all ISTJs, but I know I'm very good at accounting related subjects/work. However, it bores the hell out of me. I just find calculating money boring, and although at first I was considering it as a career path, I eventually changed my mind after attending an accounting class at my local college. I know what the work is about, and although I'm awesome at it, it's not interesting to me.

    However I believe STJs in management is quite common.

  9. #9
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    +100 - Absolutely, you hit the nail on the head with this one.

    My best friend's sister and I have always got along great. She is somewhat confrontational and I can be too at times so we understand each other. She has always taken my side whenever something got squirrely.

    ADAGE: I handcuffed myself to her on Halloween night when I was still in high school as she was going to hang out with her disphit ex-boyfriend. I delayed her for hours, denying I had the keys. After I released her my friend told me she would have killed anyone else and chopped off their hand and gone out for the evening.
    She's a gem!
    What is it with SPs and extreme sports...

    Being handcuffed to an ESTJ is on par with mud wrestling a badger with rabies.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  10. #10
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    What is it with SPs and extreme sports...

    Being handcuffed to an ESTJ is on par with mud wrestling a badger with rabies.
    You are on to something there. I was only 16, 17 at most at the time. A crazy daredevil I have always been.

Similar Threads

  1. Stereotypes of your type that you embody
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 09:43 AM
  2. Stereotypes of the MBTI Types?
    By SingSmileShine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
  3. How well do you match the stereotype of your type?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  4. Stereotypical favourite bands of the types
    By dynamiteninja in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
  5. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO