• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stereotypes of STJs

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have always considered the ISTJ types, the accountants of the world. Is that a sterotype, similar to ISTPs being the mechanics of the world? I have also considered ESTJs the bankers of the world. Is that a stereotype as well? What are some of the STJ sterotypes when it comes to work relations and type in general? Just from talking to those at INTJForum and knowing some ISTJs personally they have always been much more spontaneous (much more than I) than onlookers who only know them superficially, can appreciate. This may have been discussed in another thread, so you can forward me if that is the case.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
They are stereotypes, though STJs may be overrepresented in accounting-like positions. I for instance have never had any interest in entering the business/banking/accounting field.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Dad is ESTJ and he is a retired Army Colonel who then made it in the IT industry.

My friend's sister is an ESTJ and she is 100% hellbent on things going her way, and heaven help you if you are not in alignment with her.

ESTJs can be hardcore. They can be a pain in the ass, but they can be real cool too.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think there are three types of ISTJ:

Military/Paramilitary (Law Enforcement)
Teaching
Mathematicians (Accountants, Bookkeeping, Bankers)

I fall under the first category, although I am going to school for the second. :D (I DESPISE doing math!)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Two things that I have noticed about my ISTJ acquaintance, which is ironic, is her disdain for organized religion although she is spiritual, and her sense of right and wrong, but she is very open minded.

The ESTJs that I know will not allow your hard work to go unnoticed and will fight tooth and nail (almost to a point of appearing subjective in their view) if they consider you one their own.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Do STJs have an affinity for money???
Will they adopt me???
:smile:

I have always considered the ISTJ types, the accountants of the world. Is that a sterotype, similar to ISTPs being the mechanics of the world? I have also considered ESTJs the bankers of the world. Is that a stereotype as well? What are some of the STJ sterotypes when it comes to work relations and type in general? Just from talking to those at INTJForum and knowing some ISTJs personally they have always been much more spontaneous (much more than I) than onlookers who only know them superficially, can appreciate. This may have been discussed in another thread, so you can forward me if that is the case.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ESTJs that I know will not allow your hard work to go unnoticed and will fight tooth and nail (almost to a point of appearing subjective in their view) if they consider you one their own.

+100 - Absolutely, you hit the nail on the head with this one.

My best friend's sister and I have always got along great. She is somewhat confrontational and I can be too at times so we understand each other. She has always taken my side whenever something got squirrely.

ADAGE: I handcuffed myself to her on Halloween night when I was still in high school as she was going to hang out with her disphit ex-boyfriend. I delayed her for hours, denying I had the keys. After I released her my friend told me she would have killed anyone else and chopped off their hand and gone out for the evening. :D
She's a gem!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I can't speak for all ISTJs, but I know I'm very good at accounting related subjects/work. However, it bores the hell out of me. I just find calculating money boring, and although at first I was considering it as a career path, I eventually changed my mind after attending an accounting class at my local college. I know what the work is about, and although I'm awesome at it, it's not interesting to me.

However I believe STJs in management is quite common.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
+100 - Absolutely, you hit the nail on the head with this one.

My best friend's sister and I have always got along great. She is somewhat confrontational and I can be too at times so we understand each other. She has always taken my side whenever something got squirrely.

ADAGE: I handcuffed myself to her on Halloween night when I was still in high school as she was going to hang out with her disphit ex-boyfriend. I delayed her for hours, denying I had the keys. After I released her my friend told me she would have killed anyone else and chopped off their hand and gone out for the evening. :D
She's a gem!

What is it with SPs and extreme sports...

Being handcuffed to an ESTJ is on par with mud wrestling a badger with rabies.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is it with SPs and extreme sports...

Being handcuffed to an ESTJ is on par with mud wrestling a badger with rabies.

You are on to something there. I was only 16, 17 at most at the time. A crazy daredevil I have always been. :doh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have also considered ESTJs the bankers of the world. Is that a stereotype as well?

OH yeah it is. I would HATE being a banker. The stereotype of ESTJs being the supervisors/middle managers/drill sergeants of the world is much more accurate.

What are some of the STJ sterotypes when it comes to work relations and type in general?

To quote Wolfy...
On ESTJ: I know the right way. And I'm going to force it down your throat.
On ISTJ: I'm consistent. You need to get your shit sorted out.

To quote a former teacher of mine (describing me at a dinner, in front of hundreds of people): "She asks very direct questions, and when things don't go the way she wants them to, she gets VERY upset." (Cue audience laughter - not joking.)

Here's some pop culture examples of STJ stereotypes in action (of course, their typing is debatable, but I give my reasons below):

Worf (Star Trek: TNG): all about honor and duty and loyalty - a proud warrior. (SIDE NOTE: Something about the warrior mythos has always appealed to me, though I could never live like that. Maybe in another life.)
Lumberg (Office Space): the middle-manager from hell. Predictable and thoughtless in the worst possible way.
Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest): Self-explanatory. Evil, power-hungry. Chain of command; need for control over the situation, no matter what the cost.
Cuddy (House, MD): "You aren't following the rules! Risks are bad! Follow the rules, and everything will work out! This must be done CORRECTLY. WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO ME???"