• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] My fellow ISTJs - What's your enneagram type?

ISTJs, what's your enneagram type?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What is it, fellas and ladies? Please vote in the poll too.

Also you can mention if you have a particular wing.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm a 1 with balanced wings of 5 and 9 I think. But it's been a while so I'm not definite on the wings.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
One type that is always overlooked and I consider the epitome of ISTJ, is the 6w5:
Six With a 5 Wing

Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life. When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid. When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
what site is that excerpt from?
These are Thomas Condon’s descriptions on his Changeworks site. Another type that I see in ISTJs is the 9w1 (if the Te is weak):
Nine With a 1 Wing

Tend to have been "model children." Instinctively worked to please their parents by being virtuous, orderly, and little trouble. When awakened, they have great moral authority plus good-hearted peacemaking tendencies. Often have a sense of mission, public or private, that involves working hard for the welfare of everyone they are committed to. Principled expression of love. Desire to contribute, do little harm. May be well-liked, modest, endearing, gentle yet firm. Some have great grace and composure with bursts of spontaneity and sweetness. Elegant simplicity. When entranced, they tend to be self-neglectful. May go passively dead and operate from a dubious, fractured morality. Dutiful to what they shouldn't be. Play the good child, disappear into contexts, settle for being overlooked or just partly recognized. Passive tolerance of absurd or damaging situations. One-sided relationships where the Nine gives too much. Rationalize, minimize, tell themselves they had a great childhood, everything's fine. Placid numbness creeps over them. Intolerance of their own emotions. Gradually deaden their soul.
However Lifexplore correlates ISTJ with any enneagram type except E2,4 & 7s.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
the site does not give a description of 1w5

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
No such thing. The wing must be the number preceding or succeeding the core type number, ie E1 can only have 2 or 9 wing, E2 can only have 1 or 3 wing, E3 can only have 2 or 4 wing etc... E5 will have either a wing 4 or 6.

1w9:
One With a 9 Wing

Ones with this wing can have an aura of 9-like calm although eruptions of temper are possible. Often have a detached quality and can be mistaken for Fives. Tendency to formulate and embrace principles that have little human content, but this is also their strength. When awakened, may be objective and balanced, cool and moderate in their evaluations. More entranced, might have perfectionistic expectations that are not humanly possible to meet. May hold social or political opinions that are supremely logical but ultimately heartless and draconian. The rules come first no matter what. Can be merciless or unwittingly cruel.

Often a little colorless in their personal appearance. Many Ones with this wing are plain dressers, preferring functional clothing that is appropriate to context but not flashy. The emphasis on function may extend to their general lifestyle. Practicality is highly valued.

Real-Life Ones With a 9 Wing: The culture of the Amish, David Brower, Angela Davis, Michael Dukakis, Harrison Ford, Ralph Nader, John Cardinal O'Connor, Colin Powell, the culture of the Puritans, Yitzhak Rabin, Vanessa Redgrave, Bernard Shaw.

Movie Ones With a 9 Wing: Henry Fonda, On Golden Pond; Harrison Ford, The Mosquito Coast; Alec Guinness, The Bridge On The River Kwai; Katharine Hepburn, Rooster Cogburn; Anthony Hopkins, The Remains Of The Day; Jack Lemmon, Missing; Lilia Skala, Lillies Of The Field; Tom Skerritt, A River Runs Through It.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
No such thing. The wing must be the number preceding or succeeding the core type number, ie E1 can only have 2 or 9 wing, E2 can only have 1 or 3 wing, E3 can only have 2 or 4 wing etc... E5 will have either a wing 4 or 6.

1w9:

Ah, that would explain it. I think I must be 1w9 then.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I took a quiz on some website and it told me I was a 6w5. But I haven't really looked into enneagram yet, so... yeah.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am a 2w1.

Hope you dont mind me jumping in. Im bored. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I get all sorts of results... usually it is 4 and 8 though

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have only taken one enneagram test so far, and I came out pretty evenly between 1, 3, and 6 at the end. It said slightly more 1 than the other two, but only slightly, and I really identify with a lot of things in the other two, so who knows.

hommefatal

1 is typically ISTJ. 5 is ISTJ with an INTJ tendency. 4 and 6 is ISTJ with an ISFJ tendency.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Haha this is why I don't get when people say that "Type 5" is only for INxx's. I see many ISTx's as type 5's.