• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do your friends tend to be E's or I's?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of my friends are Es. At first one ESFJ wouldn't let me get a word in, but I've learned to adapt.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Two of my good friends are borderline E/I -- solidly ambiverted. The other handful of friends are introverts.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is tricky for me because I have such a wide friend circle. I suppose the ones I've been spending the most time with recently are extroverts. That would be my boyfriend (ENTP) and my roommate (ENFJ), and her boyfriend (ESTJ). But, overall I would say my friends are predominantly either introverted, or very low on the extrovert end of the spectrum. My best friend who I've been close to for 8+ years is an introvert, so are two of my other lasting friends from high school. I would say overall it's probably like 70/30 introverts/extroverts. But in those friend groups I am kind of the "token extrovert". Roommate, boyfriend, and roommate's boyfriend (who is also boyfriend's roommate) are the obvious exception to this.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
All of my close friends are I's. To be honest, I don't know many people, so I have very little to judge off of. I have an ENFP friend who is amazing, but very loud and a bit obtrusive at times. It's overwhelming, and I tend to clam up. When I'm with my introverted buddies, I'm able to be more open and expressive--it's easier to talk, and much less draining. I don't discriminate based on anyone's type, but I most definitely flock towards introverts.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a lot of my friends seems to be introverts or at least close to it.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
More fucking E that's why they're fucking annoying

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I really enjoy BOTH but since there are fewer Introverts, probably E. I wish people . I wish people would be more understanding of I's though. They are cool peop's. Great question.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My closer friend groups are probably 50/50. My broader network of friends is more like 60/40 in favor of introverts. I get along well with introverts because nearly everyone in my family is an introvert.

barnkaetzchen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Probably introverts. But then, as a programmer, the majority of people I meet are introverts. When I was in school, I took it upon myself to organize anything social for people in my class/major and bring them all together. I still like to believe that if I hadn't, they would hardly know each other, much less be decent friends, but maybe that's my ego talking. =P When I'm in situations where I'm surrounded by a lot of people, my favourite thing to do is find the introvert or two and hang out with them and talk to them and get to know them on a personal level. That's about as much extraverting as I can be bothered to do sometimes. But I've always scored closer to the center on the E/I spectrum.

hav

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's split even. What I do notice however is that most of my friends are Intuitives, with the two exceptions being ISxP.

Gone

Never thought about it before and I'm surprised. About 75% extroverts. I took past longtime friendships and my favourite people at work into account as well.
Favourite person ever is an introvert, though.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they are mostly Es. I'm dating an I and that is definitely different to having an I friend, none of my I friends are still friends. I guess in the presence of other Is are exhausting to always extrovert in an unnatural way.

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Majority are infj, intp and infp. Husband is an Intj. Best friend of 6 years (but friends for 10) is an Enfj. Infj's often appear as extroverted and can party hard but in noticeably shorter spurts. They are very adept at light hearted conversations as well as d&m sessions. Intp's are blunt and chameleon like, highly adaptable to their surroundings and company. Very discerning in who they confide in. Intj is intelligent and kind, almost obsessive in tasks that he takes on and enjoys, but can sometimes come accross as emotionally robotic, also poor in picking up social cues, has a very quirky sense of humour. . Enfj is charming and indiscriminate and loves to help others. She is very much a leader, very competitive but not at the cost of others. Does seek alot of external validation, under the guise of not doing so (lol) but this may just be her. Infp is very deep but often plays class clown. Loves to stir the pot, but comically. Very capable of d&m exchanges but very careful in who she shows that side to. Is the most easily hurt but also one of the more trustworthy. This is just my experience and perception of the types. Sorry for the rant.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
50/50. Though actually the divide is greater between P and J. Probably 80% of my friends/acquaintances are P types.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Vast majority are introverted

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's pretty dead even for me.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most of my closest friends are introverts, with a few extraverts sprinkled in. Intros understand my hermit needs and don't smother me. I like being friends with and learning from different types of people, though.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Leans more towards introverts for me...actually, ok, seven people I hang around often (not of the same social circle), are ALL introverts haha.

This makes me wonder... Perhaps there is something I like about the short burst of extroversion that introverts can have, and then when they tire out, I just turn to my next introvert friend to hang with. However! When I do want a low key hang out time, my introvert friends are perfect for this as well. Hot dang I use and abuse people. I do have extroverted friends and acquaintances around me but shoot, many times I feel I just can't keep up with them! Like a few ESTPs I know... Nah, not a chance! They just go go go!