User Tag List

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default What was/is your nick name?

As a young child my mum used to call me Sarah Meringue.

I used to love Lemon Meringue pie. (i have just put one in the oven to make it lovely and warm. It is now burnt to a crisp. I HATE cooking)

People just call me Sas now.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When my youngest sister was growing up, we called her Tori-Pines, Tori-Pineapple.. I dunno why. she doesn't even like pineapple.

I didn't have any true nicknames until my deployment in Iraq, I was always just Krys.. They called me Squirrels over there.. and the Iraqi guys called me lalingi (or however you spell it). It means like.. small orange or tangerine.

I give everyone nicknames though. We have a friend we call Dew, which gives way to all sorts of Dew-drops, Dew-isms, Dew-boyardi, Dehhh... etc. Nicknames are easier for me to remember than someone's actual name for some reason, and I like sticking y/ie at the end of things. I name my dogs and then always call them by their nicknames
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    When my youngest sister was growing up, we called her Tori-Pines, Tori-Pineapple.. I dunno why. she doesn't even like pineapple.

I didn't have any true nicknames until my deployment in Iraq, I was always just Krys.. They called me Squirrels over there.. and the Iraqi guys called me lalingi (or however you spell it). It means like.. small orange or tangerine.

I give everyone nicknames though. We have a friend we call Dew, which gives way to all sorts of Dew-drops, Dew-isms, Dew-boyardi, Dehhh... etc. Nicknames are easier for me to remember than someone's actual name for some reason, and I like sticking y/ie at the end of things. I name my dogs and then always call them by their nicknames
    Are you a short person who burns easily hence the small orange name?

I usually shorten peoples names .. i am so bad for it, i'll recognise a face, but i cant remember the name for the life of me (maybe it is because i think i'll never see them again, lol) My eldest is Id, my other kid is El and my cat is called Flower but we call her floopy, floopy loopy, little miss sunshine, cow cat, floopius copius. Poor bloody thing.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

chef
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas