User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: As children

  1. #41
    Senior Member wrldisquiethere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I have been talking to my mum and found out that when i was around 18 months old, i decided i didn't want to wear nappies anymore. I took it off one night in bed, gave it to my mum and never wore another one again. If only all toddlers were like that.

    That is so me. I don't do things by halves.
    That is so ME! I could totally see myself doing that. My mom teases me about this. If I start a diet or something it is 100% to the letter! If I'm determined to do something I will follow through to every last detail, no looking back.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

    "I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

  2. #42
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post
    That is so ME! I could totally see myself doing that. My mom teases me about this. If I start a diet or something it is 100% to the letter! If I'm determined to do something I will follow through to every last detail, no looking back.
    .. lol, i don't have the patience to follow most things through now. I get bored and i move on.
    In my last house (which i was in for 9 years) i started to paint the kitchen ceiling not long after i had moved in. Got bored and left it. lmao, when i left that house that ceiling was still only half painted.

    My intentions are always good. My focus is 100%. I start, i know what i need to do, then i get bored and have to look for the next little thrill. Although things that are important to me such as work, getting my driving license etc that goes get my 'focus'. That is stubborn determination.

    Its all good.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  3. #43
    Member xX_Miss_Valentine_Xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I won't mention then the one and only time i went shoplifting with my friends (they were doing it every weekend) and i got caught and tried to bribe the police man with maltesers (i actually pay for them sweets). .

    Oh my gosh, my poor mum.
    Lol

  4. #44
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Yeah that was how it was with me. I never even considered ditching school. I remember once my mom made me wear these high water, bell-bottom jeans to school. EEEEKKKK!!!!

    I went to school dreading it, but was always the obedient child; this was in the 8th grade. The kids all walked behind me calling out "Ding, ding, ding, ding, THE FLOODS ARE COMING, THE FLOODS ARE COMING."

    I am pretty sure they were some puke color on top of that. Who ever thought shooting the couch to make clothes should have been hung.
    Aw. I totally relate to this. Especially the "never even considered" part. I would do all this different stuff, perfectly obediently, not because I thought that I HAD to, but because I literally didn't consider that there would be another option.

    I could see myself as a kid doing that.


    But anyways, here's the giant spiel answering the OP:

    As a small child (preschool and younger), I was VERY independent. I had a very long attention span for someone my age, and I was very good at entertaining myself. (This may have been from being an only child.) I liked interacting with people - I wasn't an introvert at all (in fact, I was very happy and smart and loved people), but I had a tendency to do what I wanted to do unless explicitly told otherwise. Once, without any malicious intent, I practically pushed another kid off the slide simply because I wanted to go next. Also, I often preferred reading to sitting in a circle with the other kids and teachers at the preschool, and would only join the circle when I was told to do so. As a result, one of the preschool teachers had me tested for autism without my parents knowledge. My mom was so angry when she found out! She still holds that grudge to this day. (But then again, she's INFJ, and holds grudges for her entire life!)

    Even when I was older, I was similarly independent. I would only respect my teachers if they proved themselves to be smarter and more knowledgeable than me, and if they weren't, then they'd lose my respect and they would know it. For example, if a teacher misspelled something on the board, I would literally walk right up to the board when she left the room or had her back turned and I would correct her spelling. Yes, I was a little arrogant then, and also wasn't much of a goody-two-shoes. In some respects I was - e.g. there were rules that I didn't even consider breaking because it was so cemented in my mind that I "wasn't supposed to do that" - but in other respects, not at all. There were plenty of rules that I would follow until I knew that I could get away with breaking them. Not very ESTJ-ish, I know, but there you have it.

    For most of my childhood, I'd say that I almost got along better with adults than with peers. Teachers and adult family friends absolutely loved me, and students were ambivalent. I didn't have very many friends, but this was mostly because I went to a tiny K-8 private school, where my entire grade had 13 kids in it. I spent a lot of time with my parents, not only because I was an only child, and not only because my parents were my best friends, but because I wanted to be a good kid, and being a good kid meant doing what you were supposed to do, and I felt like I was supposed to be there for my parents. I also felt like I was supposed to do well in school, and learn a lot, and have the teachers like me, so parent-teacher conferences would go well. (All this, I think, was my enneagram 1 showing itself.) But I didn't necessarily feel like I was supposed to spend a lot of time with friends, because I had so much social contact in school and with family. I really had no social life until high school, and I honestly didn't care.

    I was always very honest, very blunt, and not necessarily very touchy-feely. My best friend all through elementary and middle school was a gruff, macho IxTJ boy who lived on the same block as me. We played a lot of video games, and pretend games outside in which we'd invent epic storylines based on superhero stories, pirate movies, video games, etc, and then we'd act them out. It was complex stuff! When I played pretend games with other girls, I'd usually act out the more masculine, tough role - e.g. the self-sacrificing warrior, whereas the girls would end up being the victim, the princess, etc. I was never one for gender roles - they never even crossed my mind.

    I could go on and on, but that's good enough, I think.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes ESFJ, Punderstorm liked this post

  5. #45
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Aw. I totally relate to this. Especially the "never even considered" part. I would do all this different stuff, perfectly obediently, not because I thought that I HAD to, but because I literally didn't consider that there would be another option.

    I could see myself as a kid doing that.


    But anyways, here's the giant spiel answering the OP:

    As a small child (preschool and younger), I was VERY independent. I had a very long attention span for someone my age, and I was very good at entertaining myself. (This may have been from being an only child.) I liked interacting with people - I wasn't an introvert at all (in fact, I was very happy and smart and loved people), but I had a tendency to do what I wanted to do unless explicitly told otherwise. Once, without any malicious intent, I practically pushed another kid off the slide simply because I wanted to go next. Also, I often preferred reading to sitting in a circle with the other kids and teachers at the preschool, and would only join the circle when I was told to do so. As a result, one of the preschool teachers had me tested for autism without my parents knowledge. My mom was so angry when she found out! She still holds that grudge to this day. (But then again, she's INFJ, and holds grudges for her entire life!)

    Even when I was older, I was similarly independent. I would only respect my teachers if they proved themselves to be smarter and more knowledgeable than me, and if they weren't, then they'd lose my respect and they would know it. For example, if a teacher misspelled something on the board, I would literally walk right up to the board when she left the room or had her back turned and I would correct her spelling. Yes, I was a little arrogant then, and also wasn't much of a goody-two-shoes. In some respects I was - e.g. there were rules that I didn't even consider breaking because it was so cemented in my mind that I "wasn't supposed to do that" - but in other respects, not at all. There were plenty of rules that I would follow until I knew that I could get away with breaking them. Not very ESTJ-ish, I know, but there you have it.
    At the playground the baby Te doms are quite obvious as they do stuff like what you mention-pushing kids off the slide. They arent mean-just seeking to get things moving. My INTJ toddler actually seeks these kids out and wont play with other types of kids very often. This works well until he ran up behind the kid, took back his toy and a Te war broke out between three year olds.

    My 6 yo neice is a baby estj-she tales control of the classroom and directs the other kids in what they need to be doing. She is very independent like you were. She also will do exactly as you say-do what she wants until explicitly told otherwise. the mispelling is hysterical as she will do that as well-correct the teacher. Competency is everything for her.

  6. #46
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Aw. I totally relate to this. Especially the "never even considered" part. I would do all this different stuff, perfectly obediently, not because I thought that I HAD to, but because I literally didn't consider that there would be another option.

    I could see myself as a kid doing that.


    But anyways, here's the giant spiel answering the OP:

    As a small child (preschool and younger), I was VERY independent. I had a very long attention span for someone my age, and I was very good at entertaining myself. (This may have been from being an only child.) I liked interacting with people - I wasn't an introvert at all (in fact, I was very happy and smart and loved people), but I had a tendency to do what I wanted to do unless explicitly told otherwise. Once, without any malicious intent, I practically pushed another kid off the slide simply because I wanted to go next. Also, I often preferred reading to sitting in a circle with the other kids and teachers at the preschool, and would only join the circle when I was told to do so. As a result, one of the preschool teachers had me tested for autism without my parents knowledge. My mom was so angry when she found out! She still holds that grudge to this day. (But then again, she's INFJ, and holds grudges for her entire life!)

    Even when I was older, I was similarly independent. I would only respect my teachers if they proved themselves to be smarter and more knowledgeable than me, and if they weren't, then they'd lose my respect and they would know it. For example, if a teacher misspelled something on the board, I would literally walk right up to the board when she left the room or had her back turned and I would correct her spelling. Yes, I was a little arrogant then, and also wasn't much of a goody-two-shoes. In some respects I was - e.g. there were rules that I didn't even consider breaking because it was so cemented in my mind that I "wasn't supposed to do that" - but in other respects, not at all. There were plenty of rules that I would follow until I knew that I could get away with breaking them. Not very ESTJ-ish, I know, but there you have it.

    For most of my childhood, I'd say that I almost got along better with adults than with peers. Teachers and adult family friends absolutely loved me, and students were ambivalent. I didn't have very many friends, but this was mostly because I went to a tiny K-8 private school, where my entire grade had 13 kids in it. I spent a lot of time with my parents, not only because I was an only child, and not only because my parents were my best friends, but because I wanted to be a good kid, and being a good kid meant doing what you were supposed to do, and I felt like I was supposed to be there for my parents. I also felt like I was supposed to do well in school, and learn a lot, and have the teachers like me, so parent-teacher conferences would go well. (All this, I think, was my enneagram 1 showing itself.) But I didn't necessarily feel like I was supposed to spend a lot of time with friends, because I had so much social contact in school and with family. I really had no social life until high school, and I honestly didn't care.

    I was always very honest, very blunt, and not necessarily very touchy-feely. My best friend all through elementary and middle school was a gruff, macho IxTJ boy who lived on the same block as me. We played a lot of video games, and pretend games outside in which we'd invent epic storylines based on superhero stories, pirate movies, video games, etc, and then we'd act them out. It was complex stuff! When I played pretend games with other girls, I'd usually act out the more masculine, tough role - e.g. the self-sacrificing warrior, whereas the girls would end up being the victim, the princess, etc. I was never one for gender roles - they never even crossed my mind.

    I could go on and on, but that's good enough, I think.
    Wow. This is epic!!!!! Are we twins??? HAAHA

    I don't know if you want me to go into it but I can relate to almost ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!

  7. #47
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Hrm. I was a bit of a tomboy. I grew up with an older brother whom I spent most of my time with. Played a lot of football, videogames, and played with GI Joes.

    I had long hair, and I wanted to cut it short like a boy. My mother wouldn't let me because she wanted me to be more like a girl. So I decided one day that I was going to cut it myself. I chopped all of my hair off with a pair of scissors in my bedroom, and hid the hair I cut off under my bed. (I'm not sure why. Did I think she wasn't going to notice it was missing?) That's probably the most trouble I have ever been in.

    I also used to intimidate adults, somehow. My aunt used to babysit me, and when she would try to tell me to to do something, I would glare at her and say "You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mommy." And apparently my glare would scare the shit out of her. She started refusing to babysit me. I had elementary school teachers who were also afraid of me and told my mother at parent-teacher conferences that it made them uncomfortable when I looked at them while I was angry.

    I was impossible to punish, as well. Physical punishment didn't ever scare me as kid, and it would just make me act up worse. Teachers had a hard time, because I liked being kept inside for recess, since I would just sit and read on the playground. I had a teacher try to sit me in a corner, and I would just sing/hum to myself and be perfectly content. A teacher actually got in HUGE trouble one time because she left me sitting in a corner for 3 hours. I was unphased.

    Im not sure what else to bring up, but this is a really interesting topic and Im really enjoying reading other's stories.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~
    Likes Punderstorm, JAVO liked this post

  8. #48
    Nyarlathotep ESFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    As a child I was an Fi dom (at that, a young Fi dom) and that was my original error in choice.

  9. #49
    Anamolic Amalgamation Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESFJ View Post
    As a child I was an Fi dom (at that, a young Fi dom) and that was my original error in choice.
    Then aren't you still an Fi dom?

  10. #50
    Nyarlathotep ESFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Then aren't you still an Fi dom?
    No.

Similar Threads

  1. Liberals Appear To Have Higher Average IQs as Children
    By Thalassa in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
  2. Enneatypes as children
    By Elfboy in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
  3. [ENFJ] Differences between INFJs and ENFJs as children
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
  4. Imaginary friends as children
    By strychnine in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
  5. [ENTJ] ENTJ's, describe yourself as children
    By Sahara in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO