User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: As children

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    But no, I never disobeyed my parents. Their word was solid decree, as far as I was concerned.
    Good way to put it Cim. The thing is, when they ask me to do something (cut the lawn for example) then I will do it on my own schedule, but trust me, it WILL get done. When they tell me to do something, I do it "now" unless I see that their is some benefit (doesn't necessarily need to be mutual) to not doing it at all, or doing it "later".

I was in public school up until 4th grade and then went to a private Christian school. I never really had friends outside the classroom because they all lived so far away (the school was a good 40 minute drive). I did have one friend who bonded with me quite well and that's the ENFP. We would stay over at each-others houses and things like that and it was actually fun. We are still great friends to this day. In fact, he is pretty much my only friend! At 9th grade I was enrolled into a new "Catholic" school (I'm not catholic) because my cousin went to school there. I despised it! I rebelled constantly against the authority of the catholic church. I would not do "mass" and I had no idea how to pray in latin and do all that fancy stuff that they do. Sure, like all schools there were some that I really got along with and some that really pushed my buttons. So, I lasted about 3 weeks there, and then got hurled into the abyss of the chaotic public school system. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the independence they gave you (no uniforms for example ) and the BEST thing (depending on how you look at it) was the lack of work they made you do. There was practically no homework (maybe an hours worth?) and that is compared to AT LEAST 6 hours/night at the Catholic school.

Socially, I kept to myself. Naturally, the kids that I left in 4th grade were completely different. The other thing is, I was really disgusted with the use of drugs and abuse of alcohol and I wanted no part of it. I also hated the lack of respect that I saw and the the laziness of other students, I mean, I wanted to help them but most were not open to asking for help, they just "didn't care". And the "I don't care" attitude was definitely among the most frustrating things for me to deal with. Why would you want to be friends with someone who "doesn't care"? So, I was mostly a "loner", meaning I had very few friends outside the classroom. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't silent, and I really did have some good laughs with "friends" in the classroom, but I did not usually converse with people unless they talked to me first or implicated me in one of their schemes or ideas- mostly regarding problems with another student or something like that. I guess I just played the "listener". I didn't make enemies, but I didn't really make friends either. I was never bullied, but I was definitely targeted by some bullies... I just didn't put up with their BS (I was big enough to defend myself). It was also very difficult for me to find a common interest with others.

(Sorry, I didn't realize how long this was! )
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISXJ

I'd like to think my parents had it pretty easy with me.

When I lived in Florida my friends and I created our own "gymnastics club" and we put on shows and carnivals for our neighbors/parents. We made our own tee shirts, charged the parents money to see our shows, had food, games, and everything. Most of our performances used soundtracks from popular Disney movies. We were awesome!

Every Friday night my friends and I would go "frog hunting" where we collected as many frogs as possible and then we would release them into one neighbor's yard. The chosen neighbors were an Indian family that had a son around our age...one day their son had explained reincarnation to my friends and me, so we figured we were releasing the frogs to be with their ancestors or something...lol. We were so lame, and we were always afraid we would get caught!

There was a huge dirt pile/construction zone near my house. My friends and I would play "King of the Mountain" or would have adventures in our made-up world that we owned.

We also created inline roller-hockey teams (back when rollerblades were awesome), and we held weekly tournaments.

One day one of the parents took all the kids to Walmart, and we each bought our own huge bucket of chalk. We took it upon ourselves to decorate the entire street we lived on with our drawings.

We had a lake in our neighborhood, so I spent entire summers fishing with a branch, fishing line, and a hook. I remember that once I caught a fish through the eye, and I felt terrible, and I ran all the way home to get my dad so he could save the fish since I couldn't get the hook out. Of course, the fish was dead by the time I got back

Due to my mother's thick Brooklyn accent, up until I was like 12 years old, I was under the impression that "food shopping" was really said/pronounced as "food chopping." I always wondered why they called it "food chopping" because the meaning never made any sense to me. :confused:

I rescued a turtle from impending doom on the road, and it lived in our back yard. We named him Michaelangelo after the ninja turtle, and fed him cat food, but then one day Michaelangelo laid eggs, so we figured, he could no longer be a "he." The next day all "her" eggs were gone, so we figured she had eaten them. Eventually, we released her into the afore-mentioned lake.

MBTI
    yupp

I was a good kid, I think. The worse thing I did was burn down the yard when I was 12, and as a kid liked setting things on fire, things, like objects, not people or animals. and it was mostly pieces of paper, I got in trouble for that a lot.

I didn't have many friends but I had the same best friend from 3-11. I was quiet 1st through 3rd then 4th I became the class clown, and started making friends. I moved schools in 5th everyone thought I was weird.

So this one time in 5th grade PE this girl, who was a total bitch was like "bite me" (I don't know what invoked that response) so i did, she got me in trouble. But not because I bit her, but because I alledgedly called her the N word, which is fucking bullshit, I would never call anyone that, especially as an insult. Her dad was a police officer got shot and died, and everyone all of sudden sided with her (even though they sort of did with me before) ok yeah, I'm sorry her dad died, that sucks but she was a fucking bitch. Just because someone dies doesn't many you can change your opinion on what happen.

I was compliant basically I didn't care what I did, if I had someone to hang out with.

I also had a very active imagination I remember convincing myself I could fly when I was 5 when I was jumping off the stairs. I loved climbing trees, riding my bike, and just being outside

8-10
    tried to run away a few times, but their were 4 streets I couldn't cross and for some reason if I did I thought I would die

When I was 2 my dad put on Dr.Who every sunday and I would just sit and stare at the tv while it was on, I've gotten back into it, and I have to say I had excellent taste as a baby

supposedly when I was an infant I would not eat, then one time at a mexican resteraunt my uncle fed me some salsa as a joke, and my mom was like "no no that's going to be too hot for her," I ended up eating the whole bowl.

When I was learning about the civil war and before I wanting to build a time machine and go back to then disguise myself as some of the slaves and take their place while they escaped.

I'm sure I have more, Oh yeah I use to watch the wizard oz everyday
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ

prplchknz .. I am going to be blunt here .. Why are you so pissed about 5th grade PE ????

I am so glad i did this thread even if it is plagiarism and i love reading all the stories. Yours was pretty cool but you are PISSED about that incident? Just curious why?? I know you went into detail about her dad and stuff but its evidently clear you are still not happy.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've already posted this picture on here but it's the only lil kid one i have on my computer....so...whatever.

i was a happy lil silly in my own lil world girl...still am..haha

i saw things in a funny way and thought life was a fine funny show and enjoyed every bit of it. i was really affectionate and goofy. i was a daddy's girl and liked putting on lil plays with my sisters and playing with dolls for hours in my closet. my parents said everyone remarked on what a happy lil child i was.

until i turned into a teenager...then i was like yeah yeah...i know you guys (parents) know what you're talking about but i'm just going to have to learn from my own mistakes...so just leave me to it okay...thanks though.

edit: haha just to clarify i wasn't put in the closet or anything! ha! that sounded awful...i just liked my closet. it was big haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    prplchknz .. I am going to be blunt here .. Why are you so pissed about 5th grade PE ????

I am so glad i did this thread even if it is plagiarism and i love reading all the stories. Yours was pretty cool but you are PISSED about that incident? Just curious why?? I know you went into detail about her dad and stuff but its evidently clear you are still not happy.
    because I got in a ton of trouble for something I didn't do. I would be so pissed if I got in trouble for biting her, because that would have made sense
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lady X - Thanks. What an adorable pic.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because I got in a ton of trouble for something I didn't do. I would be so pissed if I got in trouble for biting her, because that would have made sense
    Okidoky then
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    yupp

oh that was meant to say wouldn't of been pissed

oh and for some reason as a kid when I was playing outside I'd often wouldn't want to go inside to pee so I would just drop my pants and pee down the driveway (we lived on a busy street so anyone going by could see) actually I think I liked peeing outside more then on the toilet, because I'm sure I went outside just to pee.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    I

Good thread first of all, saslou. Especially for the SJ forum.

When I was a kid, I was such a badly-behaved little kid haha. I was so energetic, almost literally bouncing off the walls. Plus I used to get upset and cry when things wouldn't go my way. And this wasn't at age 3 or 4, this was more like age 7 or 8. I was just worried about nothing except having a great time, although I was a little cautious about meeting new people. I generally would love to be with other people though, and was the most energetic one there while others seemed too fatigued or lazy to keep up with me. I couldn't sit still, I loved video games, and was destructive of toys haha. I loved doing group activities with others, and made them fun for myself. I used to get in trouble very often.

I was one of these kids: Portrait of an ESP Child

Things took a drastic change at around age 10. I suddenly started to get quiet, lost a ton of energy, people would ask me why I was so quiet all of a sudden. I suddenly got more worried and depressed, and didn't have as much fun. I became troubled with different obsessive phases, and certainly wasn't the happy kid I was before. And I've basically been this way since.

MBTI
    ESFJ

^^^ Oh that is a shame.

*cough* plagiarism from NT forum *cough* .. at least i admit to it
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe