User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: As children

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I love reading about everyone's experiences and I can relate so much to what others have experienced.

My earliest memory was when I was around a year or more. I hid a bottle under the heater, my mom never did find the bottle until we moved out. She was surprised when I told her about this, as I was so young. She remembers the smell and not knowing where it came from.

When I was around 3 there was a small creek in front of the apartments, I remember running home with leeches stuck to parts of my body from that creek.

My mom has a lot of stories I don't remember, not sure I will post it online and I don't think I told anyone about some of them.

Oh when I was 4, I fought with the other kids because we were all playing house and I wanted to be the mommy. I think that was all I ever wanted to be when I was little.

Around 5 got into trouble for talking in class and the teacher kept me for 5 minutes, after I left I was crying and my dad was waiting in the car to pick me up. I didn't realize what time was and thought he must have known how late I was. I told him why I was crying and got spanked when I got home.

Hmm... before that time, I remember thinking of how nice the dining room would look if it were a cave, so I threw all the spaghetti all over the ceiling, trying to get that stalactites cave look.

Oh there were so many stories growing up, like when I around 8 I put my youngest brother in a tire and rolled him down the hill. He went about two long blocks towards a very deep ditch; my brother and I took off running try to catch him before he went off the end. We did catch him and I was so terrified when that happened that I didn't try it again.

I had dogs growing up and they made the best friends. I think I had a few friends growing up, but I think I really started to notice other people besides my family when I was around 10. I was always boy crazy, but even more so after 5th grade.

My first real friend I had in 7th and 8th grade. It was a hard lesson learned, something I wished if I could go back and change when I had a fight with her. I was non-existent back then, but I always had A's and B's growing up until.... I entered high-school. I was a good kid in 9th grade, then my parent's separated and I had to go to another high-school that was when I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. The same old story with messed up teenagers. Only thing that was great that I didn't become sexually active back then. Until I met him at 17, we married a couple of years later and never left each others side for weeks and months on end. Even had the same jobs.

Thankfully I grew up, he didn't and he found someone else to deal with his irresponsible lifestyle.

Things changed, I completed my education, hung out with a friend, lived life on go, being a carefree young adult.

Grew up after that...

Pictures? Well they are all back in the states with my mom. I always planned on going back for good, but it hasn't happened yet. (12 years later.)
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I never disobeyed my parents. Their word was solid decree, as far as I was concerned.
    Yeah that was how it was with me. I never even considered ditching school. I remember once my mom made me wear these high water, bell-bottom jeans to school. EEEEKKKK!!!!

I went to school dreading it, but was always the obedient child; this was in the 8th grade. The kids all walked behind me calling out "Ding, ding, ding, ding, THE FLOODS ARE COMING, THE FLOODS ARE COMING."

I am pretty sure they were some puke color on top of that. Who ever thought shooting the couch to make clothes should have been hung.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Yeah that was how it was with me. I never even considered ditching school. I remember once my mom made me wear these high water, bell-bottom jeans to school. EEEEKKKK!!!!

I went to school dreading it, but was always the obedient child; this was in the 8th grade. The kids all walked behind me calling out "Ding, ding, ding, ding, THE FLOODS ARE COMING, THE FLOODS ARE COMING."

I am pretty sure they were some puke color on top of that. Who ever thought shooting the couch to make clothes should have been hung.
    LOL. Nice.

I more of obeyed my parents just because I didn't know what they would do to me if I didn't do something. They got much more lenient as I got older, though. Biggest punishment to me was having the sega genesis taken away for not doing something. To a kid in 1st grade, Sonic the Hedgehog is the world.

I remember watching my parents fight, and I saw my INTJ father never really giving in much. I kept thinking, "God, dude, if you would just let go of your pride and see what you need to do to end this, we can get on to other things." I thought I'd be able to avoid that when I got older, but now that I am older, my pride keeps me in check so much. It doesn't help that we're both IxTJs, though, so that I bet that constitutes the similarity.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Pride does seem like such a good thing to have, but it is so true how much pride does keep us from truly making advances in life.

I never wanted to be like my father in many respects, but then find this part of me coming out, and it's like it just seems so natural. Strange how reactions can control us. Hmmm...
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFJ

Eiddy .. I love you. The tire thing, brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yeah, the NT thread...I can't relate to most of that "just do it" attitude.
    See that's exactly what i do .. If it needs doing, then i'll get it done.

My 14 yr old recently slept over a friends house for the first time and he hated it. He has told me he won't be doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post

I remember watching my parents fight, and I saw my INTJ father never really giving in much. I kept thinking, "God, dude, if you would just let go of your pride and see what you need to do to end this, we can get on to other things." I thought I'd be able to avoid that when I got older, but now that I am older, my pride keeps me in check so much. It doesn't help that we're both IxTJs, though, so that I bet that constitutes the similarity.
    Funny you should say that. My son and husband got on really well being IxTJ's .. obviously no in depth conversations but definitely a mutual respect for each other. Hmmmm.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Wow just came back from NT thread. I can see a definite difference in our thread and their thread. We would be the rule makers and they would be all the rule breakers, but they wouldn't just break the rules they would come up with some mad scientist scheme to test a hypothesis out. LOL
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

Funny you should say that. My son and husband got on really well being IxTJ's .. obviously no in depth conversations but definitely a mutual respect for each other. Hmmmm.
    Oh, I get along fine with my father, it's just dealing with another TJ on me is a little tedious at times. He reminds me that I can't let things slide at times like an FJ would. Having an ESFJ mother and INTJ father is interesting. We have our occasional talks and stuff. It's not like we're estranged. We just keep to our own worlds. We talk about a lot of scientific stuff.

The dynamic with my mother is a lot more interesting. xSFJ is a mother type. I get her all the time with details and technical stuff, and she's always showing her knowledge of how the world works to me. It's just two different ways of interacting with the world, and I definitely have a lot to learn from an ESFJ. My father nourishes my technical side, and my mother helps me develop my ability to deal with the world.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Wow just came back from NT thread. I can see a definite difference in our thread and their thread. We would be the rule makers and they would be all the rule breakers, but they wouldn't just break the rules they would come up with some mad scientist scheme to test a hypothesis out. LOL
    Yeah, you can see now why i wanted to see if we lot were just as bad .. No where near.

Oh, I get along fine with my father, it's just dealing with another TJ on me is a little tedious at times. He reminds me that I can't let things slide at times like an FJ would. Having an ESFJ mother and INTJ father is interesting. We have our occasional talks and stuff. It's not like we're estranged. We just keep to our own worlds. We talk about a lot of scientific stuff.

The dynamic with my mother is a lot more interesting. xSFJ is a mother type. I get her all the time with details and technical stuff, and she's always showing her knowledge of how the world works to me. It's just two different ways of interacting with the world, and I definitely have a lot to learn from an ESFJ. My father nourishes my technical side, and my mother helps me develop my ability to deal with the world.
    That's exactly what i am doing with my kid. I don't think anyone in his school knows this kids has the best sense of humour ever. I just hope he appreciates my no nonesense bullshit ..

How comes your parents haven't killed each other just out of curiousity??
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

That's exactly what i am doing with my kid. I don't think anyone in his school knows this kids has the best sense of humour ever. I just hope he appreciates my no nonesense bullshit ..

How comes your parents haven't killed each other just out of curiousity??
    I didn't understand that either, but apparently it's the fact that opposites attract. Maybe it's just that each one can fulfill their own needs on their own, so they don't want a partner that is similar to them. They've been married 37 years I think. They just really love each other. They fight a crapload, but there's no getting around it. Their marriage is a rollercoaster and I'd assume any healthy marriage is that way.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I didn't understand that either, but apparently it's the fact that opposites attract. Maybe it's just that each one can fulfill their own needs on their own, so they don't want a partner that is similar to them. They've been married 37 years I think. They just really love each other. They fight a crapload, but there's no getting around it. Their marriage is a rollercoaster and I'd assume any healthy marriage is that way.
    I wonder if this to do when them being 'Old School' or maybe different values, i don't know. Huge pat on the back to them.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe