User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Default ISTJs - what do you do for work?

Okay, here we go:

What exactly do you do for work?

If you're going to school, what are you studying for?

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?

MBTI
    ISTx

Currently active duty military, with a little over a year left on the contract. Next on the to-do list is go back to school and get at least an Associates Degree, and then apply to law enforcement agencies. Pretty typical for an ISTJ eh?

I don't like the military life, although I don't regret my decision to join. Police work has been an interest of mine since about age 17. It's an interesting and dynamic field and I feel like I can actually contribute to the community in which I work, even if only on a small scale.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    Okay, here we go:

I work at a residential facility for abused, neglected, abandoned, or orphaned children.

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?
    Yes, I love it. I am totally happy there and wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?
    Somewhat. My training has been with graphic design and media, and I get to use those a lot where I am employed. The important thing to me, however, is that I'm helping underprivileged children receive the care they need and deserve, even though it is in a behind-the-scenes type way. I have known for over ten years that I would love to somehow help children like this. My reasons for doing so are because of personal experiences as well as the experiences of others I have cared about very deeply.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I don't know why I posted in this. For some reason I thought it was just addressed to SJ's. Oops.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    I

Studied electrical engineering in college, just graduated. Looking for a job, haven't found anything yet in this job market. But I'm glad to have an undergraduate engineering degree under my belt.

your resident asshole

I still don't know what type of career I want. My ideal career is getting money for doing absolutely nothing, but sadly nothing like that exists as far as I know.

MBTI
    LoLz

I work in the men's department of a department store. It's okay, but it's such a feeler job, that I feel so out of place being a T, especially an introvert. It's fine for a college job, but I wouldn't delve into it at all.

I'm currently studying accounting in college. It's easy for me. I don't give a shit about it, but it's simple so, I'm going for it.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

I work in the Information Systems / IT department for a billing company. I'm also going to school to get a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems. I love my job and field of work. I'm absolutely in my career field, and on my path to where I want to be. After trial and error, thinking, exploring, and doing assessments, I figured out that I wanted this to be my career.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I graduated with degrees in journalism and recreation. I've worked in the marketing field previously and was laid off. My internship was in college athletics media relations and I really wanted to get into that field, but it has not worked out for whatever reason.

With this economy, I'll be satisfied to get a job in the communications field. I love doing layout and writing articles. I'm getting close, since the interviews are more frequent than they used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm a journalist and a freelance novelist.

Do you like your job?
    Absolutely. I got everything I want and need from this job.

I always love to read, write, meet new & inspiring people, and have some great adventures. My job give it all.