User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

I am currently a roofer/carpenter. I'll admit, the roofing SUCKS! :rolli: But I'll be back in school in August, so I will either stop doing it or cut my hours waaaaay back!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I was a grocery store's service clerk for two years. A bagger, if you will. The day I turned 18, my manager was more than happy to bump me up to Produce Clerk. I'm going for Business / Management in college, so my Assistant Store Director says I need to gain experience in all of the departments, so she'll be moving me around a bit.

I like my job as it is, and I'm sure I'll like it more when I get up higher. Of course, the primary reason for having a job is financial stability and personal security. (Not to mention that if that perfect girl with the huge lighted-up sign on her head finds me, I'll need to be able to support her as well as myself.)

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    Okay, here we go:

What exactly do you do for work?
    I work at a Tim Horton's Restaurant. I currently do upfront/register, baking, and unload truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    If you're going to school, what are you studying for?
    I start school in the Fall at RIT. I'll be studying Electrical Engineering. I also will be involved in AFROTC there.

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?
    Currently I'm indifferent to my job. It can be enjoyable at times. It's just something to keep me afloat through college though. It's a means to an ends.

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?
    No, I'm not in my career field. I plan on going active military. I am hoping to become a pilot, but who knows. My end goal is NASA or at the least to become an astronaut. Maybe through the private industry? If that doesn't work out maybe constitutional law. Or lifetime military? I'm not really sure. Depends on where I am in a few years.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm now a sub-editor at a magazine publishing company, woop! I love it. Being an organised perfectionist is all part of the job, but I also get to indulge my creative side. I've already had someone praise me for being 'clearly a thinker, not superficial', and I'm diplomatic too apparently. Odd.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm a CPA who is currently in Internal Audit at a mutual fund company. I like audit, but I'd rather do financial statements.

MBTI
    ISTP

I paint fences/railings/whatever you want to call them... metal ones. I just do this in my apartment complex as a summer job before I leave for college.

Undecided, but it really bothers me. I need to figure out what I want to do with my life, and fast.

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?

It's decent if only for the fact that it's pretty simple and it pays well. I don't like having to wear bad old clothing because I like being dressed in a more sophisticated manner, but that's not too big of a deal. However, I want a more permanent and stable job, and I have to move inside whenever there's rain, and then I fall asleep in the afternoon, and I don't like... no, scratch that, I hate sleeping in the afternoon. Also, it'd be nice if some of the people to interact with around here weren't old.

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I'm studying Computing Science at my university, with an intention of starting a career in software development as a programmer.

Yes, as it allows me a degree of creative freedom. An involvement in the arts has always been appealing to me, but I'm not sure if I would be happier per say.

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?

Yes, I suppose so. It's always been something that I was good at and I find that there is much satisfaction to be had in software development.

MBTI
    ISTj

I'm currently a college sophomore double majoring in History & German.

History and languages have been well, my obsessions from early childhood. I wouldn't dream of studying anything else really.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. It wasn't a game for knights."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm a student / software developer / indie game developer

I have papers for being a computer technian, but I'm currently studying computer sciences at the local university.

Studying is sometimes nice. Lots of stuff to learn, but sometimes it feels uselessly theoretic. Software developing is nice (and pays more), but I like more developing games.

Well, I'd hope to be a professional game developer one day. Not perharps working with AAA games, but something more than simple flash/mobile games. Something that stands the test of time better than the state-of-the-art games.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ

Technical Support Manager - I worked my way up from a technician. It's nice to be able to work in a field that is constantly changing. It really keeps you on your toes and doesn't get too dull.

As a perfectionist, it's also fun to work on scripts that will make my job and other's easier. It is just a job to me and I don't really take a great interest in technology outside of work. My personal passion is gardening.