Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Wow illume, I have read this thread twice and that's about as far as I want to regarding this subject..
    Don't think I haven't noticed!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    What have you read or maybe based on your own personal experiences with them, do you believe tend to be the ISFJ's perspective on sex? I would imagine they are shy and conservative in how they believe sex should be because of the introverted judging but then there's that SF that's really throwing me off. Being an SF makes me think they would believe that sex should be a time to exchange emotions.

Sex is a very intimate act so yes I think sex is one of the most optimal times to express and exchange emotions, although not the only time. It's also possible for an SJ to be very tied to a gender role in his/her mind with regards to sex (i.e. maybe your ISFJ has it in his mind that men aren't supposed to express themselves emotionally so much). I also think introverts of all types (not all) tend to be shy with initiating and/or progressing things in relationships as well. And many SJ's like to keep sex as a private act.

Another thing I want to mention is that all these descriptions (and the people who so desperately want to believe them) that make ISFJ's out to only have sex out of duty are complete hogwash. I think keirsey or Jung or whoever it was who said these things just pulled that out of his rear end because it just made sense to him at the time to throw that in considering all the other things said about ISFJ. Anyways, if the ISFJ is having sex with you, it's because they want to please you AND because he or she enjoys sex as well.
    Likes Unionruler liked this post

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I think keirsey or Jung or whoever it was who said these things just pulled that out of his rear end because it just made sense to him at the time considering all the other things said about ISFJs to throw that in. Anyways, if the ISFJ is having sex with you, it's because they want to please you AND because he or she enjoys sex as well.
    Well said! Now if it is only established correctly, after all Captain Caveman does not exactly turn me on. LOL Men in business suits, certain types of high ranking military uniforms and intellectualism are very sexy. Oh and Orlando Bloom in "The Lord of the Rings," but lets not go there.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Wow this topic seems to be one of the most recurring of the forum. I have had various ISFJ gilfriends so I can tell you that they are not conservative or prude when they are with you, they can actually be quite forward and initiative-taking if they know that this is appreciated. After all, they are sensing types, thus attuned to what gives them-and others-pleasure and what doesn't. Obviously, the conservative aspect entails that they won't like to have sex in public, or have threesomes, stuff like that.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Sex is a very intimate act so yes I think sex is one of the most optimal times to express and exchange emotions, although not the only time. It's also possible for an SJ to be very tied to a gender role in his/her mind with regards to sex (i.e. maybe your ISFJ has it in his mind that men aren't supposed to express themselves emotionally so much). I also think introverts of all types (not all) tend to be shy with initiating and/or progressing things in relationships as well. And many SJ's like to keep sex as a private act.

Another thing I want to mention is that all these descriptions (and the people who so desperately want to believe them) that make ISFJ's out to only have sex out of duty are complete hogwash. I think keirsey or Jung or whoever it was who said these things just pulled that out of his rear end because it just made sense to him at the time to throw that in considering all the other things said about ISFJ. Anyways, if the ISFJ is having sex with you, it's because they want to please you AND because he or she enjoys sex as well.
    I so wish i was an I instead of an E sometimes .. You are so more sensitive and soft than me .. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Wow this topic seems to be one of the most recurring of the forum. I have had various ISFJ gilfriends so I can tell you that they are not conservative or prude when they are with you, they can actually be quite forward and initiative-taking if they know that this is appreciated. After all, they are sensing types, thus attuned to what gives them-and others-pleasure and what doesn't. Obviously, the conservative aspect entails that they won't like to have sex in public, or have threesomes, stuff like that.
    Got to second everything you said .. I think everyone can be open minded when it comes to sex .. but certain things are a no go .. threesomes .. I don't believe a third person should ever be brought into a relationship, never mind the bedroom.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe