User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default What would your 'future' you tell the 'present' you

OK i have stole this idea from another thread, slightly different though .. Never mind.

Lets do a back to the future kind of scenario. Your Future YOU (15 years from now) leaves the present YOU a letter, obviously they can not see you in person as they would cause rifts in the time line etc etc. Blarrrr

What would this letter say?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'll go first .

Hello Sarah.

Some advice, please take it you stubborn so and so.
    Firstly, you look great at 45 yrs old so stop worrying that you will get fat. It isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
    Everything did happen for a reason, and you will be happy with the results. Your hard work did pay off. You regained your confidence and you did fall in love with the right man. You even remarried.
    The boys turned out OK, the youngest didn't become an actor, but he is out there working at Area 51. The eldest, well he just got on with life but he is working with animals.
    All that worry over them, and still it all turned out OK.
    You are strong, so when the chips are down, just pick yourself back up love.
    People are proud of you, be proud of yourself and it is OK to ask for help. Noone will shoot you for it.
    You didn't get to have your farm afterall, but that's OK, you are happy with the man of your dreams.

Keep your chin up gal.

Lots of love
    Sarah xx
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm still deciding if my future self is such a joker, she'll try to screw with my current self, take things too lightly ("Dear Jen hon, get the boob job, you won't regret it!"), or be serious.

Sometimes knowing too much, we won't do the things we need to do to get to where we ended up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Dear Colors,

Damn girl. You were cute then. Get out of the house.

Love,
    Colors
    OXOXOXOXOX

But more seriously, don't you guys think sending letters to past-you is somewhat disastrous?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I know I would have told myself, "SAVE THE DARN MONEY!" Can't think of anything else, but I should have saved for that red Jeep Wrangler. Seriously...
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

"Dear BlackCat-

Stop worrying about girls so much, seriously! You're pathetic. You will get a girlfriend, I'm happy with her right now. Just enjoy your life and get through college.

Sincerely,

Me"

Hah. Something like that. Can't think of anything else to say really, there isn't much going on with me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes knowing too much, we won't do the things we need to do to get to where we ended up.

Sometimes that could be a good thing.

Mine would be quite indepth, with many a warning. I only hope my old self wouldn't dismiss the advice regardless just because her feelings were still so sure.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

We'd discuss quantum physics and his latest findings on space time: is it continuous and discreet.
    In the second case I'd have to let go of the idea of individuality as anything but a structure retention\memory. A copy of a copy of a copy if you will.
    So i'd be talking to a total stranger. (which is also kind of true with continuous space time anyway but hey u don't have any idea of what i'm talking about anyway)

'm simplifying but yeah, that'd be a cool talk. Especially with all the details and nuances <3
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Sometimes that could be a good thing.
    Definitely.

Mine would be quite indepth, with many a warning. I only hope my old self wouldn't dismiss the advice regardless just because her feelings were still so sure.
    That's the problem -- the old self isn't at a stage to accept the revelations of the new self yet, sigh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Exactly. I would be as specific as possible. Personally, if I got a letter from "future me" and it was filled with "you'll go through a hardship but don't worry, you'll get through it" and other fortune cookie sayings like that, then I'd be disappointed. Furthermore, I probably wouldn't really accept any of these revelations (like the poster above me stated) because it wasn't indepth enough to convince change my mind or affect my mindset.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }