• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Why ISFJs=BEST

maliafee

This thread is dedicated to my favorite type (I do have a lot of favorites, I'll admit, but ISFJ is really the tops to me) the I S F J! As most of you know, I'm dating an ISFJ and hope to marry him someday soon*. I LOVE ISFJs, and here's why:

1. ISFJs are so damn loving. They care truly and completely.

2. ISFJs are faithful and trustworthy. I never have to worry that my ISFJ will cheat on or leave me.

3. ISFJs appreciate those they love. They notice the little things you do, and notice when you don't feel good. They think of thoughtful ways to make you feel better (my ISFJ bought me a movie for us to watch just the other night, because I was bummed out about being on a diet. He said, "See, you can have fun even though you're dieting." So cute).

4. ISFJs dress beautifully/enjoyably/well which makes being around them visually pleasant.

5. ISFJs often have an artistic bent -- they might paint, or sing, or write songs, or enjoy acting, or are good at interior design, etc. Very inspiring when you're in a creative rut, because they are consistent in their creating.

6. ISFJs are hard workers. They will take care of the ones they love and work to support their families. They will do their duties without complaint (unless stuff is really unfair and mean, then they might complain, but who wouldn't?).

7. ISFJs are funny. If you don't think so, you don't know one well enough. They tell amusing stories and do impressions. They are hilarious in this way. They also have a subtle sense of humor and know how to laugh at little things that might irritate others.

8. ISFJs respect other people and their rights, and give people their space. They don't expect a lot out of others.

9. ISFJs are good at maintaining long-term friendships and are friends with those they grow up with on into adulthood and beyond (usually). When everyone else leaves you, the ISFJ will be there. ISFJs may try out a lot of people before finding "the one" but after they find that person they stick to them and do not waver in their commitment.

10. ISFJs are handsome and beautiful (don't argue with me here, folks!!!).

:D

EDIT: ISFJs are very forgiving and long-suffering. <--I forgot to include that!

Now you go ahead and add something! I don't want to hear ISFJ bashing here, either, please. This is a thread meant to praise and appreciate them.

*Just last week he told a friend at a bar we were at, "We want to be married by an Irish priest." The friend almost went on with the conversation but then look surprised and said, "Hold it, hold it. You guys are getting married??!?" Then my ISFJ said, "Oh yeah, as soon as I have the money." Like so nonchalantly. What a man! No guy I know would not be freaked out to admit that. So not afraid of commitment. He's my dreamboat all right...

Last edited:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If anyone bashes, I'll eat them. I skipped lunch today.

They're the quiet, understated carers. It's surprising how much they're aware of how you're feeling, until you're alone with them. Instead of attracting unwanted attention, they wait for everyone else to leave so they can ask if you're all right. At least, that's what my ISFJ does.

All of the above has basically covered what I was about to say, but I definitely love their sense of humour. Every ISFJ I've met has that same dry and sarcastic wit. I love it.

I should stop haunting the ISFJ threads. :x

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Awww. Love this post - please don't leave us Grungemouse - glad you guys stand quietly beside us.. :hug:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I know many people get jealous of their company because they just simply make them feel good.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Awwww .. It is wonderful that you are able to connect with someone so easily.

I want to be an ISFJ now .. Please

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, ISFJs are my opposite, and while they're not one of my favorite types, they're definitely not my least favorite either.

So they must be doing something right?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They make the best moms :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ They do make great moms. So do ESFJs; mine is one.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If there were a bunch of different MBTI types that fell down a well and got stuck, I'd probably pull the ISFJ out first.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread made me cry.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love your sensitivity. I want to cry now.:wubbie:

Can we just have a big group hug (please include me) :hug:

Yes, please...group hug. :) We might make everyone else barf though.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their smile and touch speaks louder than any loudmouth rockstar could ever sing. (That's why I can hardly bear the thought of playing music in the car with her...)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, from my experience, ISFJs are a great blend of tough and soft, earthy and cosmic. Men and women alike.

They're the only type I feel I have no way to compete with, because they trump my strengths on any given day.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really know any ISFJs. I'm not entirely sure I could get along with an SJ. I've heard a lot of horror stories about them.

I suppose it would depend on what kind of standards they had internalized. If they were fairly nice and accepting of people like me, and grasped my communication style, they would probably be good friends.

I'm sure some of them are the best, though. There are great and horrible examples of every type. ;)