• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Why ISFJs=BEST

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Awww, that's good. If he's anything like me, it's difficult for us to criticize. And we are so sensitive to criticism ourselves. It's both a blessing and a curse.

psh. Meet my mom.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Aside from my ex-gf whom I presume to be an unhealthy ISFx... I don't believe I know (at least not anymore than as an acquaintance at some point down the line) any ISFJs... My mother and sister are INFJ and I love them both... Awesome people. Someone more in tune with my S could only be a plus though (relationally speaking), I'm assuming. :yes:

Even with my limited experience, I'm going to go ahead and give my Beat-seal of approval to ISFJs.
oglvvd.gif

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Occasionally it happens that an ISFJ 'criticizes' as they do not see that what they are naturally good at, doesn't come as naturally to others, which then make 'mistakes' in their eyes. Not being mindful of details, forgetting social obligations etc.

However, I've noticed that most types are that way. What we can do ourselves without a second thought, is often hard for others, and it is something that we find hard to comprehend, so the assumption that the other person is just being lazy, insensitive or plain stubborn is easily formed.

R

Riva

you are right and i agree. i know 2 ISFJ guys (close friends) who have all those qualities. and girls(mature once, not crazy once who like rich guys) seem to like them. girls come and make the initiative.

they have 1 major weakness - a bit too shy and too timid.

but everyone likes them.

and i don't know a single person who dislikes them. which is not the same with me at all.

maliafee

Awww, that's good. If he's anything like me, it's difficult for us to criticize. And we are so sensitive to criticism ourselves. It's both a blessing and a curse.

Yeah, I can see that.

But y'all are so sweet. Today my ISFj hoed and planted, put our garden in the ground... I lay on a blanket (I didn't fell well so I didn't help as I usually would) and watched his rippling muscles. *sigh*

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Me too!!! I could be a bit influenced since it is my type, but I have a student in class that is ISFJ and she is the best. Always smiling and giving everything her 110%; I find she is always helping a friend in need or backing up the underdog, even if it might cause her to get into trouble. She seems that she is willing to take the fall for her friend.

Yesterday, a very shy white personality got up and was going to leave the class to get the remote control for the A/C. She got up and was going to leave without thinking. The teacher - V.P. for the school- became very angry. The other student left after having faced much criticism; so she stayed try to persuade him to be easy, understanding and forgiving of her friend. I passed by and was asked what I would have done if a student left the class. I didn't know the situation so I said it depends on the situation. If a students has an emergency then its excusable. I was thinking of adding if it is to go across the street to smoke a cigarette and hang out with friends then it shouldn't be tolerated.

Anyhow I find this student (ISFJ) always quietly standing for her classmates and friends. How could one not love her?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
ISFJs make the perfect minions =]

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Gah, you guys make me want to take the train home and hug my ISFJ bestie. :wubbie: She's wonderful on infinite levels, even though sometimes we debate over stuff. Oh wells--we debate cuz we care about each other's convictions! :hug:

I swear, when my ISFJ's bf met me, he said we were alike and I wanted to say, "Psh, she's such a better person than I am, you have no idea." I think he figured that out by now. :D

Love you guys. :hug::hug::hug:

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
lol.

ISFJs are the best because
1. I
2. S
3. F
4. J

did I read the OP correctly?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I especially admire their ability to remember all the details about other people's needs. I had a dear ISFJ friend who had a special ability to choose the right gift for other people.

I've read in some of the ISFJ profiles about their unique brand of wit and humor.

It tends to hurt my heart especially when people say negative things about ISFJs because the one's I've known are gentle people who can really take things to heart. I think ISFJs and INFPs are two of the most gentle types who get often over-looked and under-appreciated. The world would be a sorry place without them.

What a wonderful thread! We ISFJs love verbal affirmation. I wish all the happiness in the world to the original poster of this thread and her ISFJ.

I'm an ISFJ and my husband is an INFP. I personally think INFPs are better than we are. But I might be biased. :blush: The only two even close to bad things I can say about my INFP is that I would like him to be more assertive and his follow through isn't the best. I can name way more flaws for myself!

I love the kudos for our sense of humor! Some people find me funny and others don't seem to get my humor at all. And all of the good thoughts about us being good parents to have too -- I sometimes seriously doubt myself there.

ISFJ's being creative is interesting. I do like to paint and crafts with my ISFP son, but I completely suck at it!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maliafee.. she was so sweet. I miss her. I was sad when she stopped posting.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't intimately know any ISFJs, I do intimately know an ESFJ, my mother, and I would like her a whole lot more if she were introverted, fo sho!

:)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This girl I'm digging is an ISFJ...I think she's digging me too. She really seems to be a great person.

ster

I'm not supposed to be here (procrastinating) but I thought I'd throw in my ISFJ love too.
It's so interesting, their calming effect, and not needing to emotionally burst to anyone.
I know I can count on my ISFJ for me in any crisis, and she'll always nurture, never judge.
I love..... her. so much. as a friend. She's really independent but sometimes she'll just randomly call and ask if I want to go on a roadtrip with her... it makes me feel special.
We could sit together in total silence and be completely comfortable.
Sometimes that pressures me to speak, but I realized that... she's just as happy as me with silence.

I owe her so much.
OK, as an ISFP it's hard for me completely and entirely open up -- unless it's to my ISFJ friend. While around other types, I honestly feel more hurt than anything after exposing myself. She's one of those people I could just ramble to and feel better afterwards, and so far there's no other type I could think of that lets me do that.... except for 1 extrovert I know.

So yea, love to the ISFJs.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
JTG brought this post up in his blog, just wanted to say I read through it and LOVE YOU ALL! This thread is awesome :D :wubbie: :wubbie:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Of course they are. Why else would God make so many of them?