• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Why ISFJs=BEST

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I just think ISFJs are too fragile.

Yeah I said it.

KDude

^Speaking of which... if someone hurts an ISFJ, do they remain closed up?

I shouldn't even ask this...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get a bunch of SP's together in the same room, and it's almost 100 percent guaranteed they'll roam off on a silly tangent. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can't speak for all ISFJ's but I used to struggle with forgiveness but very recently I have learned the value of it due to having been unforgiven myself by my loved ones and now I understand others need for it and am much more forgiving of others when they make mistakes. I'm still trying to learn how to balance it though because that is necessary. It's just as unattractive to be a doormat as it is to be too unyielding and unforgiving.

KDude

OK thanks. I wouldn't say I'm unforgiven... but given the most killer silent treatment, and it may as well be unforgiveness. I didn't do anything "generally" bad..she still thinks I'm a good person.. it's just one of those things.. clash of personality that came to a boiling point, and no way to fix it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK thanks. I wouldn't say I'm unforgiven... but given the most killer silent treatment, and it may as well be unforgiveness. I didn't do anything "generally" bad..she still thinks I'm a good person.. it's just one of those things.. clash of personality that came to a boiling point, and no way to fix it.

Ouch. That doesn't sound pretty. I hope you two work it out.

KDude

Come to think of it, I think I have a history of this. :doh::doh::doh: 3 slaps in the head for 3 ISFJs. You're all great, but I suck. :shock::cheese:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Come to think of it, I think I have a history of this. :doh::doh::doh: 3 slaps in the head for 3 ISFJs. You're all great, but I suck. :shock::cheese:

No, you're just an SP.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I assume you mean hurt emotionally, in which case there's not a whole lot you can do that we won't eventually forgive. That is unless we've spent a good chunk of our lives actively working on being more forgiving, in which case we'd probably have an easier time.

To give you a counter example, I am still very closed up to my recent ex. This is for different reasons though, I would like very much to just move on, but the proximity of the occasion makes this impossible as of right now. This is the only example I can remember of when I've closed myself off from a person, and it's more painful than anything I've ever done, but it has to be done. Other than that, I try to stay open to anyone because I like to think any friendship is worth a shot.

The other thing to remember is that female ISFJ's are very different from male ISFJ's, as is the case with every other type.

I guess I should ask what your context is so I can explain better...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
They are able to remember your name, your birthday, the things you're interested in,... (I wish I could do that. There's nothing worse than losing a friend because you forgot those stupid details.)
They are probably the best friends one can have. I'm not talking about aquaintances. An ISFJ aquaintance is boring. An ISFJ friend is gold.
They understand the concept of "being there for someone". (Unlike me, of course - Why do you need me if you don't have any math, physics or other theoretical questions? I want to DO something to help you, damnit, not just sitting here and listening to silence!)

As much as I wish to say only positive things here, I prefer being sincere. To me you aren't the absolute best. There is no absolute best type.

Lots of love from the Shadow side!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
my isfj sister is the one person that i know i could count on to be there for me for anything anytime...she's extremely giving of herself and truly wants to help when she can and yeah she's such a good mom. she's always going out of her way to make cute crafty things and making special treats or sewing adorable costumes and i've NEVER seen anyone with more patience. she's a truly beautiful, loving person.
we've been best friends since i was a baby. :wubbie:

This sounds a lot like my ISFJ sister. :wubbie: She is the most loyal, giving person I know I think. I have an instinct to protect her. And by the same token, she would kick someone's ass for me. :D

Yeah, you ISFJs are cool. :hug: