• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Why ISFJs=BEST

Himself

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm of two minds about ISFJs, to be honest.

On the one hand, I got burned pretty badly by my ISFJ ex (who I realize was definitely not the healthiest example of her type) -- our relationship went more or less like this. On the other hand, though, judging from the responses to this thread, it seems like healthy ISFJs are wonderful people. (I don't personally know any, besides the ex, of all the friends and family whose types I've confirmed.)

I'd love to meet a nice, healthy ISFJ girl who can help me keep my shit together while also finding my whole "absent-minded professor" routine cute. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm of two minds about ISFJs, to be honest.

On the one hand, I got burned pretty badly by my ISFJ ex (who I realize was definitely not the healthiest example of her type) -- our relationship went more or less like this. On the other hand, though, judging from the responses to this thread, it seems like healthy ISFJs are wonderful people. (I don't personally know any, besides the ex, of all the friends and family whose types I've confirmed.)

I'd love to meet a nice, healthy ISFJ girl who can help me keep my shit together while also finding my whole "absent-minded professor" routine cute. :D

I read that link and my response to you is just that maybe as an INTP you need a type who wants less togetherness.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ females sound like prime spouse material. I'm probably just romanticizing it, though.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read that link and my response to you is just that maybe as an INTP you need a type who wants less togetherness.

Agreed. I read the link too and that seemed to drive him away but I think a lot of SFJ's want togetherness.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I want to show some ISFJ love too! My favorite friend right now is ISFJ.

- she is so sweet, she will give me compliments and encourage my self-esteem in a laid-back, casual way, i don't ask for them, don't give any hints about wanting them, but she gives me anyway, and frequently! she is beyond the sweetest person ever. she just naturally does it, without asking for anything back.

- she is not afraid to judge and tell someone honestly if a person in their life is bad news, but only because she is observant and wants to protect those she love

- every now and then, she comes up with something extremely insightful to tell me about myself, which fosters my growth and also is just really interesting because I never thought of it before and...not sure where she got it from...but very insightful observations

- she can talk in metaphors with me because she knows that's how i prefer to communicate

- she is quirky, very hard-working and grounded, and is generous/giving

- she is very idealistic when it comes to some things, more than me (an idealist) and i find that cute and endearing, though sometimes annoying

- she is very good with most people and put them at ease in a way that i can't do

- she holds strong opinions/values that when clashes with mine is the only way we can ever get mad at each other, otherwise she is a great mixture of honesty and sweet, grounded and quirky

A

A window to the soul

ISFJ

showin_some_love.gif

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Please bear in mind that the two-thirds of ISFJs consist of water.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
meh...OP has too much one-sidedness. types are not "pure". My ISFJ's sistuh is so "fake". >.>

Jem11899

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I think that sometimes, I really just want to be an ISFJ and I really try my hardest to be one. But, I don't know if I'm all that great. Like, I get angry and I make rash, impulsive decisions sometimes. However, deep down, I think that being an ISFJ is who I am and I am just not as good as I could be. I am hardworking, I am a push-over, I'm nice, I'm "motherly". Hearing all these praises about ISFJs, however, kind of makes me want to be better than what I am already. I also hope that I don't come across people as "fake". Does that make any sense? At all?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*reads thread up to page 2*

*loses lunch*

*dutiful ISFJs mop it up*

:D Just kidding just kidding.

Noon

I know I can count on my ISFJ for me in any crisis, and she'll always nurture, never judge.
I love..... her. so much. as a friend. She's really independent but sometimes she'll just randomly call and ask if I want to go on a roadtrip with her... it makes me feel special.
We could sit together in total silence and be completely comfortable.
Sometimes that pressures me to speak, but I realized that... she's just as happy as me with silence.

I owe her so much.
OK, as an ISFP it's hard for me completely and entirely open up -- unless it's to my ISFJ friend. While around other types, I honestly feel more hurt than anything after exposing myself. She's one of those people I could just ramble to and feel better afterwards, and so far there's no other type I could think of that lets me do that.... except for 1 extrovert I know.

So yea, love to the ISFJs.

I like this one! :)

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJs make great dads, too.

I have an ISFJ dad, and he is hard-working, very dedicated to the people he loves, and isn't given anywhere near enough credit.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm at my moms for the week right now, and she's ISFJ. We haven't stopped talking yet. It's amazing how many people underestimate her as she's so humble and in the background. Due to circumstances we haven't had a chance to really do this kinda talking that often and I'm utterly blown away by the amount of insight she has into people due to her experience and age and keen observational skills. I'm also trying to teach her something, and am slowly starting to realize that we learn things in completely to opposite way. She needs to first have a simple guide to memorize and understanding will follow, whereas I *need* a full overview on the subject before I can even try and memorize stuff. So different, yet so alike. And so enthusiastic to talk to once they don't have to finish any work (duty first!) as well as a fountain of wisdom. My dad even rolled his eyes that we went upstairs to go to sleep before him and when he got there we were *still* chattering away :blush:

It helps that I've got my life sorted out and she's no longer responsible for getting me to do shit with my life, as her way and mine completely clash on that. Now we're just complimentary in an almost insane way with oodles of common ground.