• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How does one successfully seduce an ISTJ male?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jock is a man first. INTP second.

Lady! Don’t forget to seduce the man in the ISTJ, too.

Yes of course. But to some the idea of seduction is wrong or repulsive. Maybe their other ideals will combat their desires. Generally man would feel something because of chemistry, but it doesn't mean he'll give into it.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes of course. But to some the idea of seduction is wrong or repulsive. Maybe their other ideals will combat their desires. Generally man would feel something because of chemistry, but it doesn't mean he'll give into it.

With a woman trying to seduce him, all I gotta say is that dude better not complain about ANYTHING.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Even in this case, the female behavior forces you to make decisions and conclusions about that behavior, which is affected by your personality type. Also, spending time judging and deciding a course of action in the presence of this behavior has also made you pay more attention to her than you would had she not tried to seduce you.

Also, Rainbows states said ISTJ had been flirting with her, and was trying to kick it up a notch on her end. One seldom flirts and then is repulsed by reciprocated interest.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't really see how it's difficult to seduce men. Be suggestive and laugh at what we say. Quick eye contact and making us know we saw you but looking away and seeming embarrassed at getting caught. Bend over in front of us.
If this method worked on every guy, then women would be able to get any guy they want. Obviously that's not the case because different guys are attracted to different type of women. That's where him being an ISTJ comes into play. There are certain things that another type might find attractive or desirable, that an ISTJ might not find attractive or desirable. There are certain things that are important to an ISTJ, that may be unimportant to another type. There are certain methods that would scare an ISTJ away, that might not scare away another type. All of this is probably why the OP asked for some insight into what an ISTJ male would like and how to go about kicking things up a notch.

ahh but that's assuming we're your type physically/visually. Never know that for sure as a female, as some guys just aren't 'sensitive' to the type of woman you are
This is also true. JocktheMotie, you are assuming that whatever girl is trying to seduce is your type physically/visually. That might not be the case. If not, would your suggested method still work?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
This is also true. JocktheMotie, you are assuming that whatever girl is trying to seduce is your type physically/visually. That might not be the case. If not, would your suggested method still work?

It would not work if you were not physically/visually appealing to the man, in that Amargith is correct. However since Rainbows is responding because said ISTJ has flirted with her, I would think that question has already been answered in Rainbows' favor.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He is extremely busy with working, yet still find time to come and flirt with me. I want to kick things up a notch and successfully seduce and keep his interest. How should I go about this task?

Generally man would feel something because of chemistry, but it doesn't mean he'll give into it.

That's true. But I’m with Jock on this one. Seduction is much less complex and much more primitive and straight forward. If you want to seduce a man, act all female and sweet, basically give him some attention, and you’ll get his. And do smell nice! But if you want to attract him and get him interested in you, then you gotta do some research about what he’s into, what he likes to talk about, what his hobby are ect, and then ask a lot of questions about that. You said he’s busy with work, maybe ask him about that?

I read that ISTJs are pretty rigid – likes to do things the old fashion way. Not into experimenting new ideas. Maybe you could invite him to watch an old documentary with you? (about something he’s interested in, preferably) and then talk about that.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
That's true. But I’m with Jock on this one. Seduction is much less complex and much more primitive and straight forward. If you want to seduce a man, act all female and sweet, basically give him some attention, and you’ll get his. And do smell nice! But if you want to attract him and get him interested in you, then you gotta do some research about what he’s into, what he likes to talk about, what his hobby are, and then ask a lot of questions about that. You said he’s busy with work, maybe ask him about that?
I agree. Although Jock is assuming she just wants to seduce him, which is a logical assumption since that's what she asks in the title. However, I guess the other ISTJs and I were working under the assumption that she actually wanted to attract him as well which is why we gave more in depth answers about how she should proceed. I got the impression that she wanted more than just a one night stand.

I read that ISTJs are pretty rigid – likes to do things the old fashion way. Not into experimenting new ideas. Maybe you could invite him to watch an old documentary with you? (about something he’s interested in, preferably) and then talk about that.
That's a stereotype and I wouldn't suggest that the OP follow it. I know, personally, that I would rather watch the new Star Trek (blockbuster film) than watch some old documentary on my first date/meet-up with someone.

It would not work if you were not physically/visually appealing to the man, in that Amargith is correct. However since Rainbows is responding because said ISTJ has flirted with her, I would think that question has already been answered in Rainbows' favor.
That's true, if he has indeed been flirting with her. I can't speak for male ISTJs, but for female ISTJs a lot of times our flirting can be misinterpreted. Usually when we're just being friendly with someone it gets interpreted as flirting and when we actually try to flirt it goes unnoticed.

But since I'm not a male ISTJ, I'll leave it up to them to answer this question: how do you usually go about flirting? is it usually fairly obvious to the other person that you're indeed flirting?

We need some details about "how" he was flirting with you, Rainbows. :yes:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That's a stereotype and I wouldn't suggest that the OP follows it. I know, personally, that I would rather watch the new Star Trek (blockbuster film) then watch some old documentary on my first date/meet-up with someone.

Haha, yeah. Me too.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Send him a formal memo detailing the specifics of your plans for exactly when and how you plan to have hot dirty sex with him.

Allowing him to factor this into his daily routine will prove most beneficial.

:rofl1: Do that and you would be sure to scare him off!

I don't know, how do know he was flirting with you? We need examples Rainbows! :D

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: Do that and you would be sure to scare him off!

I don't know, how do know he was flirting with you? We need examples Rainbows! :D

-He bought me dinner.

-He comes around and sits with me and never does that with other customers.

-He gets all his other work done then comes and spends extra time talking to me. (just small talk)

-I have caught him staring at me numerous times.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-He bought me dinner.

-He gets all his other work done then comes and spends extra time talking to me. (just small talk)

Those are pretty good examples and from them I infer further that Rainbows does not want a one night stand.

If I had to guess I would say that he likes you. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
-He bought me dinner.

Yes, I agree with Eagle. I would say he likes you. :yes:
So what is the next step? That is the question. How do you speed things up a bit? Well, I don't know. I'd say that you need to establish first a consistent line of communication and for him to know for sure that you like him back. Otherwise, he will probably too afraid of rejection to admit it. On the other hand, he may already know that you like him.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I agree with Eagle. I would say he likes you. :yes:
So what is the next step? That is the question. How do you speed things up a bit? Well, I don't know. I'd say that you need to establish first a consistent line of communication and for him to know for sure that you like him back. Otherwise, he will probably too afraid of rejection to admit it. On the other hand, he may already know that you like him.

Of course you agree with me. :p

I think she should just be slightly forward but vague. He probably would like that. maybe be as open to the fact that she likes him as he was about dinner.

Besides that just ask him to call you to talk sometime. Get his email. Find something common but not extremely extensive to talk about. Then move things forward.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Of course you agree with me. :p

I think she should just be slightly forward but vague. He probably would like that. maybe be as open to the fact that she likes him as he was about dinner.

Besides that just ask him to call you to talk sometime. Get his email. Find something common but not extremely extensive to talk about. Then move things forward.

Yeah, the thing that throws me off though is that she gave him her phone number and he didn't call. :shock:

Now, there could be a number of reasons but I have boiled it down to two:
1) He chickened out
2) He lost the piece of paper with the number on it

I think it's 50/50 on either one of those. (Although if I had to choose, I would say he chickened out :yes:)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, the thing that throws me off though is that she gave him her phone number and he didn't call. :shock:

Now, there could be a number of reasons but I have boiled it down to two:
1) He chickened out
2) He lost the piece of paper with the number on it

I think it's 50/50 on either one of those. (Although if I had to choose, I would say he chickened out :yes:)

Possibly a bit of both..

Rainbows... Tell him to text you instead of call.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Possibly a bit of both..

Rainbows... Tell him to text you instead of call.

Yes, and I think Eagle said this before, but try to get some kind of internet communication going. Be it an instant messaging program or even myspace at this point. :yes:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, and I think Eagle said this before, but try to get some kind of internet communication going. Be it an instant messaging program or even myspace at this point. :yes:

Mhmm. Texting should work.
It's less personal and slightly detached. He doesn't have to talk. Possibly wont feel or be as inhibited.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Right, and it gives him time to think about his response. :yes:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Wear those corsets to see him. :)