• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] A question about other ISFJ's

Snow Turtle

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But that's the thing, isn't it? It's very hard to stick to something and get into a constant motion when you're not already doing so.

So if I'm right about the problem, I guess the solution is to start small. Try to commit yourself to do one thing you know you're capable of at a particular time every day for a given interval. Get used to it, and this will give you a little energy. Then, maybe you can channel that into getting into a routine with another activity (this time a more relevent one), and so on... until finally you've got enough energy and discipline back to make and stick to plans. This is just me guessing, though. I have no idea if it would actually work.

Did that make sense?

Yep, it sounds simple enough. I can't help but think, if it were that easy then how come it hasn't been put into practice. Even the smallest things like keeping constant with a timetable for activities will require focus. (Doesn't sound very stereotypical Jish) My life has a rough pattern but it's still extremely haphazard. But hey, perhaps you don't have much of a problem with that than I do. :blush:

Apologies for hijacking the thread Eiddy ^-^'

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yep, it sounds simple enough. I can't help but think, if it were that easy then how come it hasn't been put into practice. Even the smallest things like keeping constant with a timetable for activities will require focus. (Doesn't sound very stereotypical Jish) My life has a rough pattern but it's still extremely haphazard. But hey, perhaps you don't have much of a problem with that than I do. :blush:

Apologies for hijacking the thread Eiddy ^-^'

Well, it's possible you didn't think of it. I didn't think of it until you asked me. I mean, just having a rough pattern isn't enough, you've got to come up with something specific and stick to it more rigidly than that, in terms of time and what you do with it. A rough pattern could be mostly unconscious. This would be about moving more and more of your routine to the control and awareness of your conscious mind.

What's interesting about how I came up with it, is that it's the opposite of what most people would tell me. When I told them I was struggling to come up with what I should do with myself as a next step, I got told that I should be planning out the next 10 years of my life! That made things so much worse. :doh:

It kind of made me go "What?! I'm not ready to confront trying to stick to a plan for the next 10 years of my life! I tell you I'm struggling to come up with one I'm comfortable sticking to for the rest of the year, and then you dump this on me? If that's what I've got to do to make things better... maybe I'm just content with things the way they are now. It's not that bad. Yeah, I'll be fine."

So I decided maybe I should try giving you different advice, and tried basing it from the opposite end of the spectrum to see if that would work better.

Snow Turtle

Well, it's possible you didn't think of it. I didn't think of it until you asked me. I mean, just having a rough pattern isn't enough, you've got to come up with something specific and stick to it more rigidly than that, in terms of time and what you do with it. A rough pattern could be mostly unconscious. This would be about moving more and more of your routine to the control and awareness of your conscious mind.

What's interesting about how I came up with it, is that it's the opposite of what most people would tell me. When I told them I was struggling to come up with what I should do with myself as a next step, I got told that I should be planning out the next 10 years of my life! That made things so much worse. :doh:

It kind of made me go "What?! I'm not ready to confront trying to stick to a plan for the next 10 years of my life! I tell you I'm struggling to come up with one I'm comfortable sticking to for the rest of the year, and then you dump this on me? If that's what I've got to do to make things better... maybe I'm just content with things the way they are now. It's not that bad. Yeah, I'll be fine."

So I decided maybe I should try giving you different advice, and tried basing it from the opposite end of the spectrum to see if that would work better.

Best of luck with the trial.
Haha, it's always slightly irritating when being told that I haven't planned out my life, when the main source of stress is that I'm overly concerned with where my future path will be. I've tried 30 days trials before especially with revision, something recommended in personal development websites, it sort of worked for the first day then failed afterwards. Perhaps I was chewing too much. You might have success with it.

After a while someone just sent me this. Regarding all the excuses and lack of will powers. >_>'
YouTube - Mad TV Bob Newhart Skit - Mo Collins - Stop it

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Please don't worry about hijacking the thread.. I do enjoy getting others perspectives. Also I tend to disappear in the working week. The other thing is I feel I might not have anything to add of more value. I am always happy to see that someone joins in, even if it goes off topic.

So much the better because I look back and wish I could erase the post since I haven't been feeling that way the past few days. Passing emotions shouldn't have to stick around for close to forever. LOL

Anyone up for a game? :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am thinking a game called escapism .. lol. (fantasy world anyway)

I will get my magic flying carpet. Pop over, pick you up. i am thinking we should go somewhere like the picture .. Sit, stare, contemplate, idle chit chat. THEN

You get your bike out, we jump on and just let the wind blow away all those cobwebs .. us, speed, beautiful scenery. Perfect.

If you are feeling daring we could even do a 'Thelma and Louise' but we can not go off the end of the cliff. Got to think about the kids ;).

What do you think????

:hug:

Last edited:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
That sounds beautiful and fantastic. :D :D :D

Actually I have learned escapism very well on the computer and internet. :)

If I have had any form of addiction quite awhile back there was NFS, GTA Vice City and IMVU online.

OR a site I love very much, so now it is Typology. I was supposed to clean the house this morning and instead I have spent all morning here.. My imaginary house online never gets dirty, never has dust and is beautifully decorated. LOL

Although, driving off into the sunset is my favorite dream.... ahhh :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That sounds beautiful and fantastic. :D :D :D

Actually I have learned escapism very well on the computer and internet. :)

If I have had any form of addiction quite awhile back there was NFS, GTA Vice City and IMVU online.

OR a site I love very much, so now it is Typology. I was supposed to clean the house this morning and instead I have spent all morning here.. My imaginary house online never gets dirty, never has dust and is beautifully decorated. LOL

Although, driving off into the sunset is my favorite dream.... ahhh :D

Excellent .. I'll have to get a babysitter then ..:run:
The house can look after itself, it doesn't really need cleaning anyway. :newwink:

:wubbie: .. Love you.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Hahaha tell you what we can clean it together so that you can feel truly free without feeling guilty after all two cleaning makes the job go 4 times faster. Too much fun that we wouldn't notice the time passing.

Then we can group the kids together and drop them at grandma's place. I bet she would love that. :blush: LOL

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hahaha tell you what we can clean it together so that you can feel truly free without feeling guilty after all two cleaning makes the job go 4 times faster. Too much fun that we wouldn't notice the time passing.

Then we can group the kids together and drop them at grandma's place. I bet she would love that. :blush: LOL

Sounds like a plan darling. :)