• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I am INFP that has the HOTS for an ISFJ

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
No, not really.

And if there is truth to it, then I'm definitely an ENFP because I've always been very comfortable with myself sexually, and been extremely open in that department.

I mean, between being told that INFPs are "behind the scenes" and don't ask directly for things and are awkward about sex, it's no wonder I'm inclined to believe that I'm an ENFP, not matter how high my Fi is.

There is no truth to it.;)
Don't let yourself be fooled by him.:tongue:

Openness in sex isn't type related, and even if it was, I know a lot of INFPs who are very opened in this area, including myself.;) Perhaps we don't show it so 'publicly' as ENFPs, but in private... it's whole another story:D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, not really.

And if there is truth to it, then I'm definitely an ENFP because I've always been very comfortable with myself sexually, and been extremely open in that department.

I mean, between being told that INFPs are "behind the scenes" and don't ask directly for things and are awkward about sex, it's no wonder I'm inclined to believe that I'm an ENFP, not matter how high my Fi is.

Well, you're just more comfortable than most INFPs with it.

I never said you couldn't be INFP and comfortable with sexuality. They just show a trend toward awkwardness with it (at least the females; I can't really comment on the males) because many of them are very wrapped up in lofty romantic ideals and have trouble relaxing...at least in my limited experience with them.

And ISFJs, well, as Edgar says--missionary in the dark ONLY!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, you're just more comfortable than most INFPs with it.

I never said you couldn't be INFP and comfortable with sexuality. They just show a trend toward awkwardness with it (at least the females; I can't really comment on the males) because many of them are very wrapped up in lofty romantic ideals and have trouble relaxing...at least in my limited experience with them.

And ISFJs, well, as Edgar says--missionary in the dark ONLY!

I've actually read the sexual descriptions of ENFP and I match that more closely.

I'm also not "behind the scenes" and I don't communicate indirectly.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is no truth to it.;)
Don't let yourself be fooled by him.:tongue:

Openness in sex isn't type related, and even if it was, I know a lot of INFPs who are very opened in this area, including myself.;) Perhaps we don't show it so 'publicly' as ENFPs, but in private... it's whole another story:D

I showed it publically. More than most people.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
All the ISFJs I've been with (3) were anything but "restrained" during sex. But they did have a restrained attitude towards it when they were not doing it. I guess they just let themselves go at the right moment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All the ISFJs I've been with (3) were anything but "restrained" during sex. But they did have a restrained attitude towards it when they were not doing it. I guess they just let themselves go at the right moment.

I was in a relationship once - this has been a while back - with a really nice guy who was terrible in bed, very passive. He also didn't like to debate with me, and I was annoyed by how often he agreed with me, not even necessarily because he agreed but because he just didn't want the conflict. He bored me to death.

I thought for a while he was an INFJ. He might have been an ISFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Aren't you supposed to have a degree in English or something?

Why? Because I misspelled publicly? Or because I use sentence fragments on the Intertardz?

First of all, I am an English major. I didn't go to college straight out of high school. I am just now going to be a senior in January.

Secondly, I am a literature major, that does not imply that I give a shit about perfect spelling and grammar. If anything, literature is reading, analysis, and creative writing.

Third, my AP certified teacher (who went on to get her Masters and work at a university) for English in high school sometimes had problems with spelling. So even if I already had my English degree, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee that I am obsessed with grammar or perfect with spelling.

You misunderstand what a literature degree is.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I showed it publically. More than most people.

Hmm... If you identify with ENFP more, I'd say go with it. But I'm not sure if comparing INFPs and ENFPs attitudes towards sex are an effective way of deciding it:) Type is a fairly loose category after all. It's true that a lot of ENFP females I know are very "openly open" about their sexuality, but certainly not all of them, and it doesn't mean that every single INFP is a prude or something...

simulatedworld said:
I can't really comment on the males) because many of them are very wrapped up in lofty romantic ideals and have trouble relaxing...at least in my limited experience with them.

I don't mean to be impertinent, but how old were they?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an ISFJ and missionary in the dark --- boring!! I like sex and to spice it up with fun toys and naughty talk! :devil:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why? Because I misspelled publicly? Or because I use sentence fragments on the Intertardz?

First of all, I am an English major. I didn't go to college straight out of high school. I am just now going to be a senior in January.

Secondly, I am a literature major, that does not imply that I give a shit about perfect spelling and grammar. If anything, literature is reading, analysis, and creative writing.

Third, my AP certified teacher (who went on to get her Masters and work at a university) for English in high school sometimes had problems with spelling. So even if I already had my English degree, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee that I am obsessed with grammar or perfect with spelling.

You misunderstand what a literature degree is.

god I love trolling you

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
troll me all night long :wubbie:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^ OK, time to get a room you two ;)

I'm an ISFJ and missionary in the dark --- boring!! I like sex and to spice it up with fun toys and naughty talk! :devil:

:devil: .. My kind of gal .. Now if only you was a guy, lol