• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I am INFP that has the HOTS for an ISFJ

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, I think it's pretty natural for ISFJ's to do that once they are sure of their interest, so that's a good thing. And good for you. :)

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
Oh and PS, I'd like to take this post to brag about how freaking awesome ISFJs are, and how incredible it feels to have someone as devoted to being with you as an ISFJ can be ;)

I think my new guy is an ISFJ...I am an intp...it seems to be working. He is sweet and doesn't seem to hold my bazaar-ness against me...or at least he keeps it to himself.:hug: He also lets me yak about whatever...my outrage at what is happening in Iran...whatever...and is cool with it...I appreciate that...he doesn't need to take the opposite side or compete for the sake of needing to sound more on top of things...a losing battle for most anyway...I really appreciate his strength, stability, sweetness, and maturity.

SJ men are great in general

Last edited:

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
ESFJ?

He is probably more E than I because ESFJ's and INFP's go together magically. I know...I dated one for three years and still miss him. INFP's natural partner is the ENFJ, or the ESFJ. INFP's dominant function of Introverted Feeling is best matched with a partner whose dominant function is Extraverted Feeling.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
He is probably more E than I because ESFJ's and INFP's go together magically. I know...I dated one for three years and still miss him. INFP's natural partner is the ENFJ, or the ESFJ. INFP's dominant function of Introverted Feeling is best matched with a partner whose dominant function is Extraverted Feeling.

REALLY? :shock: My ESFJ sister and I argue more than me and any other sibling. I also find my ESFJ grandmother (while lovely) to be a bit too much for me sometimes. ^^; So I guess that surprises me a bit?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am an ISFJ and my husband is an INFP. We have a great relationship. We have different strengths and weaknesses, but it's almost like we fill in the parts that the other person is lacking.

I have a friend who is an ENFJ (who should be compatible with him technically) and both he and I could never see him with her. We are both F's, which means we are good at meeting the other person's needs there. He always has a lot of good ideas and is very spontaneous. I can hear his good ideas and then find one that works in a practical sense. He helps me be less rigid with his spontaneity.

We have our issues of course - I like things neat and orderly and he doesn't seem to notice those things. But if I ask, he will do pretty much anything (like dishes and laundry.) He looks at things more in a big picture sense, whereas I look more at the details. I am definitely more action oriented than he is. His lack of follow through sometimes does make me a little nuts. But, he makes up for it in other ways (like encouraging me to take time for myself while he does the running around for my kids.) I know I drive him a little nuts with my worrying all the time. He is more optimistic than I am.

When we were dating, there was definitely a communication barrier that we had to work through. He makes efforts to make things more concrete for me to understand. Although I am reserved at first (like he is), once I decide to commit, I will commit 100% and will be very loyal. He had a harder time with commitment for awhile. But once he committed, it was 100% for him as well. I admit that I was hesitant about him when we were first dating, because I'm attracted to security (including financial security.) He is not a materialistic person (I'm not either, it's just the whole ISFJs liking security thing) and not particularly financially secure, which scared me. I am used to dating people who look good on paper for me. But, he made me laugh and he let me be myself and I just felt HAPPY when I was with him. In the end, that became more important than anything else.

We are happy together. We rarely fight. He is the first person that I've been with that my kids accepted as good for me and that I'm happy with. He has a heart of gold and I know his intentions are always good.

He always tells me that he loves that he can have deep conversations with me and he thinks I'm very smart. I don't think he considers me shallow at all. We both love to read and are always interested in learning about new things.

Anyway, I think the ISFJ/INFP match can be an excellent one! Good luck to you!!!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
REALLY? :shock: My ESFJ sister and I argue more than me and any other sibling. I also find my ESFJ grandmother (while lovely) to be a bit too much for me sometimes. ^^; So I guess that surprises me a bit?

I do agree with you. :hug:
Lol

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so

I don't think it's reasonable making such generalizations. Your partner and you might have been a perfect fit, but honestly, it was not because he was an ESFJ and you an INFP, it was because you are you and he was he. For all I know, ESFJ might even be a perfect type fit for you personally, but I seriously doubt that Fi is best matched with Fe in general. A Fe dominant partner is best for someone who likes Fe dominant people, that's all. I loved an INTP for 3 years and we went together magically, but that doesn't automatically mean that INFPs and INTPs are the best match... I would avoid such generalizations because they create prejudice, in yourself at least.

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think it's reasonable making such generalizations. Your partner and you might have been a perfect fit, but honestly, it was not because he was an ESFJ and you an INFP, it was because you are you and he was he. For all I know, ESFJ might even be a perfect type fit for you personally, but I seriously doubt that Fi is best matched with Fe in general. A Fe dominant partner is best for someone who likes Fe dominant people, that's all. I loved an INTP for 3 years and we went together magically, but that doesn't automatically mean that INFPs and INTPs are the best match... I would avoid such generalizations because they create prejudice, in yourself at least.

You have a point there...I forget that my body language figures into who I am compatible with too. There is a link below in my signature that has the test for body language. I am an ISFP body language and an INFP personality both Fi dominant functions so it is natural that I would prefer Fe dominant functions like the ENFJ or the ESFJ, because those are the only two that are perfectly compatible with both my personality and my body language. I dated an ISTP in highschool and I loved the way he would pick me up and spin me around. ISTP is really compatible with my ISFP body language. But as I got to know him better, I didn't like his personality as much even though he was a great guy.

INFP

:) best matches: ENFJ,ESFJ

Supplement: ISTJ
:) Companion: INTP
Enigma: ISTP
:) Pal: ENFP
Anima: ESTJ
Tribesman: ENTP
Novelty: ESTP
:) Complement: INFJ
Suitemate: ISFJ
Advisor: INTJ
Neighbor: ISFP
:) Contrast: ENFJ
:) Cohort: ESFJ
Pedagogue: ENTJ
Counterpart: ESFP

ISFP
:) best matches: ESFJ,ENFJ

Supplement: INTJ
:) Companion:ISTP
Enigma: INTP
:) Pal: ESFP
Anima: ENTJ
Tribesman: ESTP
Novelty: ENTP
:) Complement: ISFJ
Suitemate: INFJ
Advisor: ISTJ
Neighbor: INFP
:) Contrast: ESFJ
:) Cohort: ENFJ
Pedagogue: ESTJ
Counterpart: ENFP

Here's the matrix for all the types:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/relationships/3349-mbti-type-matches-compatibilty-64.html

I will post some pictures from prom so you can see how well our body languages go together:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BlackCat you have me smiling from ear to ear..

I'd wonder about having an INFP for romance. The depth and sensual feelings that NF have interests me..

Anyhow, on to the topic, we ISFJ's may seem simple and deeply caring.. Maybe we are simpletons. IDK but we are deeply caring individuals..

If you show undue attention on an ISFJ believe me you would be showered with affection.. We can't help it we love to please others. LOL

Seems he has interest in you, all you have to do is ask, one he sees the gate is open and that his advances will not be rejected he will not hesitate to show you love and lots of it.

Now about NFs? I am interested to learn more..

I realize this thread has been going on for sometime now and I hope I'm not intruding, but I saw this and thought I'd highlight this point. As an ISFJ male I have a very rigid code of conduct when it comes to how I talk to women and I think I have a REALLY bad tendency to come off as cold or uninterested when the truth is that I'm deeply limerent toward the object of my affection. Once she does show interest, then I feel like I have to work through "filters" for fear of overwhelming or smothering her. Once I work through that though, I've been told I'm very affectionate and caring, almost excessively so.

Once you make it perfectly clear to an ISFJ guy that you are really interested in him and that you appreciate him, I think you might find yourself surprised by the degree of warmth and affection he'll return to you.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Once you make it perfectly clear to an ISFJ guy that you are really interested in him and that you appreciate him, I think you might find yourself surprised by the degree of warmth and affection he'll return to you.

Awwww .. And regardless of type .. That is all we want at the end of the day :yes:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Out of curiosity, was this directed at me or another poster?

Yes it was directed towards you, take it however you like.

However you are right, we put up a big wall or front and once you get past this your in with us and more than likely you are going to be in it for the long run!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I predict that this will work out because nobody is as awkward about sex as these two types.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes it was directed towards you, take it however you like.

However you are right, we put up a big wall or front and once you get past this your in with us and more than likely you are going to be in it for the long run!

Ah ok.

Yeah, it's actually kind of annoying for me. I wish I could loosen up more and just go with it but then...if I did, I wouldn't be an ISFJ I suppose.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

No, not really.

And if there is truth to it, then I'm definitely an ENFP because I've always been very comfortable with myself sexually, and been extremely open in that department.

I mean, between being told that INFPs are "behind the scenes" and don't ask directly for things and are awkward about sex, it's no wonder I'm inclined to believe that I'm an ENFP, not matter how high my Fi is.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Sex?

Yes please.

And I'll have seconds, and thirds, and...:devil: