• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I am INFP that has the HOTS for an ISFJ

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
I have this incredibly hot friend that is an ISFJ

When I first met him, his lack of depth and understanding annoyed me to the umpteenth degree.
But now that I've gotten to know him, I see how caring and thoughtful he is.
and I have the hots for him, I do not know one person that I find more attractive than him -- his 'I' keeps him like a mystery game that I'm trying carefully to win.
I find his J really dominating and manly (cliche) and I find it so hot.
But he seems so touched whenever I say simple things like Thankyou, or when he sees that I have a genuine concern for him.
He works so hard to make the people he loves happy.
Easy to please, and eager to please.
*siigh* :wubbie: He's perrfect
But I don't find anything about ISFJ/INFPs here.
Why do I feel dis way, being an INFP? Pros and cons to ISFJ/INFP?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like ISFJs. They are good people, I'd definitely like one for romance.

His depth is there, trust me. You just have to bring it out. He will probably enjoy/does enjoy the depth you cultivate in him. Get deeper! The ISJs like it. :yes:

As for why you're feeling that way, I'd say when one human being is attracted to another human being, they get a crush. What does this have to do with type?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
BlackCat you have me smiling from ear to ear..

I'd wonder about having an INFP for romance. The depth and sensual feelings that NF have interests me..

Anyhow, on to the topic, we ISFJ's may seem simple and deeply caring.. Maybe we are simpletons. IDK but we are deeply caring individuals..

If you show undue attention on an ISFJ believe me you would be showered with affection.. We can't help it we love to please others. LOL

Seems he has interest in you, all you have to do is ask, one he sees the gate is open and that his advances will not be rejected he will not hesitate to show you love and lots of it.

Now about NFs? I am interested to learn more..

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
There is something about NF's that is incredibly alluring.

Oh, they have the thoughts and the feelings .. Perfect :wubbie:

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
SF's in general are just so obsessed with pleasing others, it seems...

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
My girlfriend is an ISFJ. She's wonderful. Soo caring and in love with her family and friends. She has some friends she calls 'the girls', who are four seriously introverted and smart 30-somethings all living together. It's like an SJ/NF lovefest over there. I enjoy our visits with them.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Makes a note: derinnosphere LMAO

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
BlackCat you have me smiling from ear to ear..

I'd wonder about having an INFP for romance. The depth and sensual feelings that NF have interests me..

Anyhow, on to the topic, we ISFJ's may seem simple and deeply caring.. Maybe we are simpletons. IDK but we are deeply caring individuals..

If you show undue attention on an ISFJ believe me you would be showered with affection.. We can't help it we love to please others. LOL

Seems he has interest in you, all you have to do is ask, one he sees the gate is open and that his advances will not be rejected he will not hesitate to show you love and lots of it.

Now about NFs? I am interested to learn more..

My GF (probably ISFJ) is convinced she is a simpleton, but I think she is very intelligent, and highly intuitive about others' feelings and states-of-mind. I think we compliment each other, in that we share this capacity for emotion, but also differ in other abilities. The biggest one? SHE GETS THINGS DONE. I am in awe of the way she is able to deliver. She always does what she says she will do, and always with a humble and caring disposition. She can be pretty particular at times, but we are sensitive to each other and try not to push buttons. I think SF/NF parings can really work well.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
That's a very refreshing outlook to have.. I tend to get everything done, so I am trying to rebel for the moment and do as little as possible, unfortunately breathing is automated. :D

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I definitely think that ISFJ's have depth to them... I'm not sure what you consider the depth of the other types to be but I definitely don't consider myself a shallow person. Though many of the things I like are simple, like honesty and traditional values etc, as far as my thoughts and stuff, I think there is a lot more than we let on. The 'I' aspect sort of keeps those deeper things hidden, possibly being revealed only to a very select few whom we choose.

At least in my case.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like ISFJs as people, and I've only had the hots for one that I know of. The only word of caution I would give you is to not offend their personal sense of propriety in public. I think INFPs care a lot less about "propriety" in general. I think they definitely can have depth, they're just different.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah, the public propriety piece is a big concern. It's a part of protecting their feelings like you would with any mate. I know my g/f has a little contention with me on occasion because I am fearless and don't care what others think about what I do, but she does very much.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and PS, I'd like to take this post to brag about how freaking awesome ISFJs are, and how incredible it feels to have someone as devoted to being with you as an ISFJ can be ;)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh and PS, I'd like to take this post to brag about how freaking awesome ISFJs are, and how incredible it feels to have someone as devoted to being with you as an ISFJ can be ;)

YES! That is sooo true. Mine is very warm.:wubbie:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I have this incredibly hot friend that is an ISFJ

When I first met him, his lack of depth and understanding annoyed me to the umpteenth degree.
But now that I've gotten to know him, I see how caring and thoughtful he is.
and I have the hots for him, I do not know one person that I find more attractive than him -- his 'I' keeps him like a mystery game that I'm trying carefully to win.
I find his J really dominating and manly (cliche) and I find it so hot.
But he seems so touched whenever I say simple things like Thankyou, or when he sees that I have a genuine concern for him.
He works so hard to make the people he loves happy.
Easy to please, and eager to please.
*siigh* :wubbie: He's perrfect
But I don't find anything about ISFJ/INFPs here.
Why do I feel dis way, being an INFP? Pros and cons to ISFJ/INFP?

Felt like I was having a deja vu reading this. I had a thing for an ISFJ for awhile that was very masculine and a polar opposite - or so it seemed - to me. ISFJs definitely have their appeal.

Last edited:

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I suspect the guy I am dating is ISFJ.

I have no idea if INFJs (or INFPs) are supposed to be compatible with ISFJs, but I'm not giving that too much thought at the moment. Instead, I am thinking about how thoughtful and considerate he is and how important it seems to be to him to make me happy.

However, I am always trying to guess what he is thinking. I'm pretty introverted myself, but nowhere near as much as he is...which can be a bit frustrating at times. He doesn't talk about feelings much, but occasionally, something will slip out when I am not expecting it. :)

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^ How long have you been dating him? I suspect if you give him more time he will eventually start telling you more things. If you ask him directly, it will probably encourage him to talk more about it too.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
^ How long have you been dating him? I suspect if you give him more time he will eventually start telling you more things. If you ask him directly, it will probably encourage him to talk more about it too.

We've been seeing each other about four months. And you are correct, he is slowly opening up more and more.

I am trying to let him open up at his own pace and it does seem to be working...his pace is just much slower than mine.

Strangely though, while I'm much quicker to be open and upfront with my feelings, I am a bit slower to make a commitment. He, on the other hand, keeps an awful lot to himself and is slow to open up, but has told me he made a serious committment to me when we decided to become intimate, which was fairly early in the relationship.