User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I definitely think that ISFJ's have depth to them... I'm not sure what you consider the depth of the other types to be but I definitely don't consider myself a shallow person. Though many of the things I like are simple, like honesty and traditional values etc, as far as my thoughts and stuff, I think there is a lot more than we let on. The 'I' aspect sort of keeps those deeper things hidden, possibly being revealed only to a very select few whom we choose.

At least in my case.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like ISFJs as people, and I've only had the hots for one that I know of. The only word of caution I would give you is to not offend their personal sense of propriety in public. I think INFPs care a lot less about "propriety" in general. I think they definitely can have depth, they're just different.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Yah, the public propriety piece is a big concern. It's a part of protecting their feelings like you would with any mate. I know my g/f has a little contention with me on occasion because I am fearless and don't care what others think about what I do, but she does very much.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Oh and PS, I'd like to take this post to brag about how freaking awesome ISFJs are, and how incredible it feels to have someone as devoted to being with you as an ISFJ can be
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Well, we are pretty great.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Oh and PS, I'd like to take this post to brag about how freaking awesome ISFJs are, and how incredible it feels to have someone as devoted to being with you as an ISFJ can be
    YES! That is sooo true. Mine is very warm.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Koocoomoo View Post
    I have this incredibly hot friend that is an ISFJ

When I first met him, his lack of depth and understanding annoyed me to the umpteenth degree.
    But now that I've gotten to know him, I see how caring and thoughtful he is.
    and I have the hots for him, I do not know one person that I find more attractive than him -- his 'I' keeps him like a mystery game that I'm trying carefully to win.
    I find his J really dominating and manly (cliche) and I find it so hot.
    But he seems so touched whenever I say simple things like Thankyou, or when he sees that I have a genuine concern for him.
    He works so hard to make the people he loves happy.
    Easy to please, and eager to please.
    *siigh* He's perrfect
    But I don't find anything about ISFJ/INFPs here.
    Why do I feel dis way, being an INFP? Pros and cons to ISFJ/INFP?
    Felt like I was having a deja vu reading this. I had a thing for an ISFJ for awhile that was very masculine and a polar opposite - or so it seemed - to me. ISFJs definitely have their appeal.
    Last edited by Thessaly; 06-06-2009 at 01:23 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I suspect the guy I am dating is ISFJ.

I have no idea if INFJs (or INFPs) are supposed to be compatible with ISFJs, but I'm not giving that too much thought at the moment. Instead, I am thinking about how thoughtful and considerate he is and how important it seems to be to him to make me happy.

However, I am always trying to guess what he is thinking. I'm pretty introverted myself, but nowhere near as much as he is...which can be a bit frustrating at times. He doesn't talk about feelings much, but occasionally, something will slip out when I am not expecting it.

^ How long have you been dating him? I suspect if you give him more time he will eventually start telling you more things. If you ask him directly, it will probably encourage him to talk more about it too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Rider View Post
    ^ How long have you been dating him? I suspect if you give him more time he will eventually start telling you more things. If you ask him directly, it will probably encourage him to talk more about it too.
    We've been seeing each other about four months. And you are correct, he is slowly opening up more and more.

I am trying to let him open up at his own pace and it does seem to be working...his pace is just much slower than mine.

Strangely though, while I'm much quicker to be open and upfront with my feelings, I am a bit slower to make a commitment. He, on the other hand, keeps an awful lot to himself and is slow to open up, but has told me he made a serious committment to me when we decided to become intimate, which was fairly early in the relationship.