User Tag List

First 123 Last

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

How interesting. I was just going to post a question regarding this trait in ESFJ males (which I will probably still do). My ex is an ESFJ. When I met him, I was like, "Wow! I think I have met the one!" He did a great job of reading me and being exactly what I wanted him to be. Of course over time, the "real" him showed up. I never felt like he was trying to bamboozel me (isn't bamboozel a great word?!), but he just wanted me to like him.

Anyway, my sister and best friend are also ESFJs. I think they sometimes put up a facade, but nothing too extreme...no more than anyone else.

Oh and notice the signiture...words I try to live by...Dr Seuss was a very wise man
    Last edited by JoSunshine; 12-17-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: addition
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    More a constant awareness of how one wants to be perceived. The "proper" way.
    I personally am not constantly thinking about how I want to be perceived. That said, I think that people generally, especially those who don't know me that well, see me as rather "proper". That's just because my relationship is more distant so I'm not showing much of myself, yet I don't want to be non-engaged or rude or ignore. So I try to be nice and polite. Combined with the distance this probably comes across as proper and serious. Typically ISTJ I guess. But this isn't a facade. I want to be nice, so this is real, I'm just not showing the rest.

MBTI
    I

Haha when I put my mind to it, I can always be the best _______ in the bunch. Thing is I don't have enough drive to do that most of the time, unless I really need to.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    I personally am not constantly thinking about how I want to be perceived. That said, I think that people generally, especially those who don't know me that well, see me as rather "proper". That's just because my relationship is more distant so I'm not showing much of myself, yet I don't want to be non-engaged or rude or ignore. So I try to be nice and polite. Combined with the distance this probably comes across as proper and serious. Typically ISTJ I guess. But this isn't a facade. I want to be nice, so this is real, I'm just not showing the rest.
    When do you show the rest?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think there is more importance placed on how SJs are perceived. I think it has to do with wanting to be seen as competent and trustworthy. However, in my observation this is taken much further with people the SJ wants to impress: people higher up the chain of command, people of higher social standing. I don't know if this is just the SJs I have known though or a general trend.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't like facades.

I think as an SJ I'm very observant towards people and try to interact in a (sometimes risk averse) way to produce a positive outcome.

It depends on the person and the situation.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

When do you show the rest?
    Normally it's a question of time and getting to know each other. As long as the person hasn't done anything to make me feel they aren't trustworthy they'll eventually get to know more of me. Otherwise I just stop at a certain level with the person. I just basically try not to be unkind or unjust to the person, so they will get the "proper" side of me at least. Sometimes though it's the circumstances that might make me feel it's not appropriate to go further with a certain person.

MBTI
    INTJ

Normally it's a question of time and getting to know each other. As long as the person hasn't done anything to make me feel they aren't trustworthy they'll eventually get to know more of me. Otherwise I just stop at a certain level with the person. I just basically try not to be unkind or unjust to the person, so they will get the "proper" side of me at least. Sometimes though it's the circumstances that might make me feel it's not appropriate to go further with a certain person.
    Me and my girl had that question. Even with her, it wasn't a matter of not being myself, it was a matter of just gaining her trust, and that's a gradual process. So I wasn't, in her words, 'uncomfortable' with her, it's just that I let her in over time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Do you think you do this more or less than other kinds of people?

MBTI
    INTJ

Do you think you do this more or less than other kinds of people?
    More. I don't think this is a trait found inall SJs, probably just ISTJs.