User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Sting is ISTJ.
    I'd consider that highly unlikely. Pretty confident he's a sensor perceiver. I'd say ISFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

Most of them are in military marching bands. Cpl. Joshua E. Bregler is one of the greats.
    Yeah I'd imagine that would be the case. I'd also imagine there's be a lot of ISTJ musicians in classical music. I can't yet find a single ISTJ in popular music.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Bruce Springsteen and 50 Cent.
    Highly unlikely Bruce is ISTJ. I believe he's ENFP. Firstly, it seems pretty clear he's an extravert. He's also very in-the-moment, quick on his feet and funny in an ENFP way. NF also fits. He's very people oriented and definitely a humanitarian. He reminds me a lot of my friend Stoll Vaughan (ENFP) who gets compared to him a lot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-nE...eature=related

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Bruce Springsteen and 50 Cent.
    I hate to be such a downer but I'm also pretty sure 50 Cent isn't an ISTJ either. A risk taking, drug dealer turned entrepreneur and rap star would be a highly, highly unlikely career path for an ISTJ. He's pretty clearly an introvert. He seems Ni/Te (INTJ) to me.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I suspect a great many classical musicians are ISTJ or ISFJ. I was just at the piano teacher meeting where I work, and it struck me that they almost all felt like they had the same type, and it struck me as ISTJ - quiet, detailed, accurate, consistent, diligent, with a certain emotional distance in social interaction, but moments of deeply felt reactions when the artistry is perfect on every level.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It's so funny because so many people don't think of the ISTJ as your classic musician. The reason being is that ISTJ's aren't really known for being very creative. However, SJ's are some of the best musicians that I know around. Why do I say this? Well, the reason being is that music is very detail oriented and ISTJ's are great with details. In addition, to be good at music, one must continually practice the same thing over and over again in a routine, and SJ's are great at this. Plus, if an ISTJ can develop their Fi they can be very creative with music as well. I don't think ISTJ's get enough credit when it comes to music. My father is an ISTJ and is an excellent musician.
    I agree that SJs can be very good musicians. My friend Mike is a great example (ISFJ). Here's a video of him playing the bass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xmnm...feature=relmfu I just can't find a single ISTJ in popular music.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    I agree that SJs can be very good musicians. My friend Mike is a great example (ISFJ). Here's a video of him playing the bass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xmnm...feature=relmfu I just can't find a single ISTJ in popular music.
    I'm glad that someone else supports my opinion.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I could see there being more ISTJs in country music.

A lot of rappers seem to straddle the INTJ line... maybe some are actually ISTJs that tend to be typed as INTJ by the Ns on this forum and others?

Example of 50 cent... I could see him being ISTJ, and I don't buy the risk-taking argument. Given particular life situations, you take whatever risks you have to in order to succeed. Let's keep in mind that he started dealing drugs at age 12.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Let's keep in mind that he started dealing drugs at age 12.
    Back then he was just called "12 cent."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I could see there being more ISTJs in country music.

A lot of rappers seem to straddle the INTJ line... maybe some are actually ISTJs that tend to be typed as INTJ by the Ns on this forum and others?

Example of 50 cent... I could see him being ISTJ, and I don't buy the risk-taking argument. Given particular life situations, you take whatever risks you have to in order to succeed. Let's keep in mind that he started dealing drugs at age 12.
    I agree that there are probably a good number of ISTJs in country music. Though I don't have any examples yet.

ISTJs and INTJs aren't on a fine line between the N and the S though. The 4 letter dichotomy is just a code that reveals the functions, which is actually what the system is all about. They have completely different primary and inferior functions. ISTJs primary function is introverted sensing. Si is more oriented towards structure, stability, tradition, reliability, history and detail. INTJ's primary function is introverted intuition. Ni primaries are going to be more innovative, future oriented, outside-the-box, artistic, and creative. ISTJs thrive within a structure and I've yet to see one who I'd consider a risk taking, creative entrepreneur/star. It would be completely out of character for their type. My dad, my grandfather and several other relatives are ISTJ. I'm an Ni primary (INFJ). Trust me, there's a big difference.