• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SJ's and ISTJ's in particular, do you...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Save things judiciously? I never have. I've never had a problem getting rid of stuff. Like not only do I not care to save stuff, but I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away, like movies or CDs and just tell myself "I'll just buy them again if I ever want to see/listen to it again."

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not much, until the past few years. The past few years, I've grown into doing it a lot.

Hawker45

Yes i've just recently noticed that i have a real lack of respect for any property i own. Whether it's just a case of pure laziness i don't know, but i don't really care that much for physical property. Except i love my computers/gadgets. I'd hate to go without technology.

Funny, i was thinking about this today.

Snow Turtle

I'm the opposite - I'm a messy ratpack.
Having said that I don't really look after the stuff that well.

zillah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away

This is so me, I've thrown away many things that I later wish I hadn't. But sometimes I just gotta clear everything out dammit. I don't want to be weighed down.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've done that too, but I have a habit of not taking care of like CD's and DVD's. I have a couple DVD's lying around my desk that my INTJ father would probably yell at me for not taking care of. I do that sometimes that I just say, "If I care enough about it, I'll buy it again" but then I don't like the idea of buying something twice, and I'm like, Ï could've used that money for something else to put me toward another goal!

maliafee

Save things judiciously? I never have. I've never had a problem getting rid of stuff. Like not only do I not care to save stuff, but I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away, like movies or CDs and just tell myself "I'll just buy them again if I ever want to see/listen to it again."

This is so ISTP.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Umm, not so much. I'll do a deep clean and get rid of old clothes and stuff I don't think I'll need anymore once (maybe twice) a year. I do keep a lot though, because as a teacher you never know when you'll have random needs for things. Generally, my rule is: If I haven't touched something within the past 2-3 years it's probably ok to let it go or find someone else that would want it. I hate to spend money, so if I throw something out and then need it later I'm kicking myself for just not keeping it in the first place.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, what is this? No one keeps their stuff? :huh:

Since my teenage years, I've started keeping more things for much longer. I have a strong tendency not to throw things out, whether the things are books, appliances, schoolnotes from class, computer files, just about everything.

The doubt in my mind is always, "I may be able to use this later...This may come in handy some day," and if I can find the slightest chance of future usefulness, I keep it. This means I keep so many things that I probably couldn't find them if I'd need them, and also I'd forget that I had kept it in the first place.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't like throwing things away. It's annoying. It's much more convenient to leave things as they were. I only throw away stuff when they become more annoying than the act of disposing them.

Guess what my fridge looks (or smells) like. :D

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ummm, I can't seem to get rid of information of any kind that I may or may not need if there is even the slightest possibility that I might need it in the future and see as how anything is possible...

voraciousveggies

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
If in doubt, throw it out.
but then I'm not SJ.

Absolutely. If it isn't useful now or there is even a suspicion that it may not be completely necessary for something then it is taking up valuable space and keep-track-of-it effort.
(istj)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ummm, I can't seem to get rid of information of any kind that I may or may not need if there is even the slightest possibility that I might need it in the future and see as how anything is possible...

Agree .. On the occasions i have thrown things away .. i have later told myself that would be handy about now .. But i know where everything is and i wouldn't dare leave things lying around like DVD's etc .. They may get scratched and that's just a waste of money then.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The doubt in my mind is always, "I may be able to use this later...This may come in handy some day," and if I can find the slightest chance of future usefulness, I keep it. This means I keep so many things that I probably couldn't find them if I'd need them, and also I'd forget that I had kept it in the first place

I agree with that. I also agree with what Recoleta said. Every now and then I go through and deep clean everything and get rid of (or give away) things I am absolutely certain I won't need or use. But I keep most everything.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

I throw alot away. I mean, I'm not wasteful as far as that stuff goes. In fact, I have alot of junk that CAN'T be thrown away because of environmental issues. I'm not a packrat though. I've thrown things away and regreted it too though, and if I absolutely MUST have it, I will reluctantly go buy it again. :doh: The good thing about that is, it's usually cheaper the second time you buy it! :) But yeah, if you just let stuff chill out it eventually becomes too much baggage and too much to keep organized... and I "love" organzing! :newwink: If I have a hint that I will be using something again, then yes, I will keep it somewhere "out of sight out of mind".

My dad is a packrat and it drives me insane... SOO much junk. I mean, I can understand saving small things if they have some sentimental value, but he saves EVERYTHING! He has cars, car parts, tractors, anything all the way down to old PDA's. :doh: