User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default SJ's and ISTJ's in particular, do you...

Save things judiciously? I never have. I've never had a problem getting rid of stuff. Like not only do I not care to save stuff, but I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away, like movies or CDs and just tell myself "I'll just buy them again if I ever want to see/listen to it again."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Not much, until the past few years. The past few years, I've grown into doing it a lot.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Yes i've just recently noticed that i have a real lack of respect for any property i own. Whether it's just a case of pure laziness i don't know, but i don't really care that much for physical property. Except i love my computers/gadgets. I'd hate to go without technology.

Funny, i was thinking about this today.

I'm the opposite - I'm a messy ratpack.
    Having said that I don't really look after the stuff that well.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away
    This is so me, I've thrown away many things that I later wish I hadn't. But sometimes I just gotta clear everything out dammit. I don't want to be weighed down.

MBTI
    LoLz

I've done that too, but I have a habit of not taking care of like CD's and DVD's. I have a couple DVD's lying around my desk that my INTJ father would probably yell at me for not taking care of. I do that sometimes that I just say, "If I care enough about it, I'll buy it again" but then I don't like the idea of buying something twice, and I'm like, could've used that money for something else to put me toward another goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Save things judiciously? I never have. I've never had a problem getting rid of stuff. Like not only do I not care to save stuff, but I'll go the other extreme and throw stuff away, like movies or CDs and just tell myself "I'll just buy them again if I ever want to see/listen to it again."
    This is so ISTP.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Umm, not so much. I'll do a deep clean and get rid of old clothes and stuff I don't think I'll need anymore once (maybe twice) a year. I do keep a lot though, because as a teacher you never know when you'll have random needs for things. Generally, my rule is: If I haven't touched something within the past 2-3 years it's probably ok to let it go or find someone else that would want it. I hate to spend money, so if I throw something out and then need it later I'm kicking myself for just not keeping it in the first place.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Oh, what is this? No one keeps their stuff?

Since my teenage years, I've started keeping more things for much longer. I have a strong tendency not to throw things out, whether the things are books, appliances, schoolnotes from class, computer files, just about everything.

The doubt in my mind is always, "I may be able to use this later...This may come in handy some day," and if I can find the slightest chance of future usefulness, I keep it. This means I keep so many things that I probably couldn't find them if I'd need them, and also I'd forget that I had kept it in the first place.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

If in doubt, throw it out.
    but then I'm not SJ.