User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Just to be clear, I was joking. Routine-speech like that bugs the crap out of me. And the only reason I do it at work is because of bad ISFP influences in my past, and now I'm stuck and can't get out of it. But that's more because of the way it reminds me of him being around and the friendly atmosphere it created.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love rituals!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I hate it a lot, but it works, so I do it. I do notice, though, the people who do that with her the most are the ones she bonds with the hardest.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I love rituals!
    Do any of your favorites involve sacrificing goats?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

your resident asshole

It also depends on what you mean by open up.

1. Feeling comfortable to talk freely around others
    I probably frustrate certain people with this in that I have on and off days. Some days I could chat it up for hours with totally random people while other days I regress into my afraid-to-talk-even-to-people-I-know mode. Sometimes I just have nothing to say, also. But the biggest thing here is that you have to make me feel welcome...repeatedly. It must be irritating on the other person's end, but if I don't get repeated assurance that this person likes talking to me in the first few times we meet, I'll probably not be comfortable around you because I don't want to overstep my boundaries. Even if this doesn't happen, I generally just feel more comfortable with people over time anyway.

2. Sharing private details
    It's pretty simple. Tell me something private about yourself and I'll probably (not guaranteed though) do the same. Of course, the Internet is a completely different place where I always give TMI to anonymous strangers. If you guys look through my post history, you'll get to know aspects about me that no one IRL does.

I know this one probably applies to other ISTJ's...sometimes we just don't have anything to say!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Do any of your favorites involve sacrificing goats?
    Yes, and virgins.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes, and virgins.
    Virgin goats!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

1. ISTJ's have inner private worlds for just that: to be private and inside of themselves. Without great introspective skills, ISTJ's do not know their true inner selves and spend time trying to figure themselves out, a process that enforces their privacy.
    2. ISTJ's are not oblivious to tricks and ways of people trying to figure them out. If we even think there is a possibility that someone is trying to figure or draw us out of ourselves for their own satisfaction or a game, we shut them out.
    3. Consistency is good. Reliability is a must: screw up once and you're out of the band. You need to be on time to things. Trust is not easily given by ISTJ's. As Mr. Darcy (INTJ) once said, " my opinion once lost is lost forever" (may not be completely accurate quote).
    4. ISTJ's like purposes and meanings to be completely up front: tell them you want to get to know them. That is the only way. Tell them you want to learn more about them deeply. Then they will put you on the list of people they will potentially open up to. Then it is completely up to you and your actions. If you are someone who is reliable and trustworthy, you have a decent shot. They might give you something less meaty/juicy first to test you. Take it and keep it secure.
    5. Be warned. If you fail, they will automatically cut you off from their trust, and relationships without trust have little use to ISTJ's, so you may lose part or all of your relationship with them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    1. ISTJ's have inner private worlds for just that: to be private and inside of themselves. Without great introspective skills, ISTJ's do not know their true inner selves and spend time trying to figure themselves out, a process that enforces their privacy.
    2. ISTJ's are not oblivious to tricks and ways of people trying to figure them out. If we even think there is a possibility that someone is trying to figure or draw us out of ourselves for their own satisfaction or a game, we shut them out.
    3. Consistency is good. Reliability is a must: screw up once and you're out of the band. You need to be on time to things. Trust is not easily given by ISTJ's. As Mr. Darcy (INTJ) once said, " my opinion once lost is lost forever" (may not be completely accurate quote).
    4. ISTJ's like purposes and meanings to be completely up front: tell them you want to get to know them. That is the only way. Tell them you want to learn more about them deeply. Then they will put you on the list of people they will potentially open up to. Then it is completely up to you and your actions. If you are someone who is reliable and trustworthy, you have a decent shot. They might give you something less meaty/juicy first to test you. Take it and keep it secure.
    5. Be warned. If you fail, they will automatically cut you off from their trust, and relationships without trust have little use to ISTJ's, so you may lose part or all of your relationship with them.
    and who would really want to be friends with you given this crappy ultra-demanding list? please. (I have ISTJ friends)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

They're not evasive, necessarily. You just have to get them to want to or see a reason to engage.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug