User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Default Are ISFJs very affectionate?

And also, what do you personally consider to be "very affectionate"?
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    I

I asked people here to type a person I know (Person #1 in that thread). I thought she was ISTJ, but most of the replies said ISFJ. If that's the case (if she's ISFJ), then no, she's not affectionate at all.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm sure they're affectionate in their own ISFJ way, but no, I wouldn't say they were. But then again, the adjective is a very subjective term, so everyone has their own definition of it. My own definition would be someone who affectionately teases me, enjoys hand-holding and spontaneous cuddles. I'm not sure that's very characteristic of an ISFJ, so by my own personal definition, they aren't.

Right now, my ISFJ and I are at the "shy" stage, so I'll let you know what happens once we progress.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I can't say there is anything to be coined here as an ISFJ trait, I think leading Si makes for some ease of being stuck in the past. As such, I can't say that I know many healthy ISFJs and wouldn't be able to peg any single trait to them short of lacking autonomy and having troubles with self awareness and personal growth.

This may sound harsh but I can truly say I don't know one single healthy ISFJ though I would love to meet one and sort out the dynamic and what one would be like as most I know are either bitter or very bitter.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    And also, what do you personally consider to be "very affectionate"?
    ESFJ's are very affectionate .. Examples -
    PDA .. a must.
    Cuddling up on the sofa watching a movie.
    Very touchy feely - head/shoulder massages etc
    I enjoyed just sitting and stroking his hand.
    Nothing better than making love whilst looking into his soul, bodies entwined.
    "Sigh"

Do i sound like a true romantic or what .. hmmm .. lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Bitter who me?? LOL

I'm too forgetful and forgiving to hold on to grudges. In the moment I just need my few moments alone and then all is great in life.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I can't say that I know many healthy ISFJs and wouldn't be able to peg any single trait to them short of lacking autonomy and having troubles with self awareness and personal growth.

This may sound harsh but I can truly say I don't know one single healthy ISFJ though I would love to meet one and sort out the dynamic and what one would be like as most I know are either bitter or very bitter.
    How many ISFJ's are on this site? I assume most took the test and use this site as a place to strengthen their weaknesses thus becoming more self aware.

Bitter .. I am grinding the axe and preparing the freezer i have in my basement for another body.

Edit - i have neither an axe nor basement, so don't be too frightened
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

^ But you have a freezer...

Does it generally take the ISFJ's a really long time to warm up to people before they are "affectionate"? And are they only "affectionate" with certain people?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

Er-um.... NO! My ISFJ male friend scolded me a couple of weeks ago for hugging him. (You know how we ENFP's are with all of our touching and hugging and such!! Damn us!!) In private I might add. And I can tell he seriously likes it. He is just so damn inhibited. I think ISFJ's have some pretty serious hang-ups about a lot of things.

MBTI
    ENTP

IME it depends hugely on whether they're the "down to earth, jumpers with snowmen on and cute penguin slippers" type (in which case yes), or the "snooty, designer junkie, better-than-you, in-your-dreams" type (in which case no). My sister's the latter kind of ISFJ, but I've got a friend who's the former type. What I like about her is that she's able to respect the fact that I'm not a physically demonstrative person and that sorta thing makes me feel uncomfortable, but yet she very successfully finds other ways to communicate affection, through her very warm personality. I find it amazing how she's so opposite to my sister, who seems pretty cold and just snooty, yet they're both definitely ISFJ's.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen