User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 62

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    My ISFJ boyfriend:

    Hugs hello and goodbye when it's someone he hasn't seen in a while, otherwise just smiles and waves and greets people outside the house, escorting them in.

    Always hugs or kisses me hi or bye.

    When we were first together, used to come up behind and hug and kiss me (like if I was cooking or something), but not really anymore.

    When he is particularly happy with me (pretty often) he says sweet things like, "You're the best, I love you!" and tells me what I'm good at (like, "You're the best at making pizza!") that is followed by a smooch and a hand squeeze or hug if I'm standing near him.

    When we were first together (first 6-8 months) he always held my hand when we walked and mostly we put our arms around each other (even going to the store) but now we just hold hands sometimes, and he'll put his arm around me occasionally.

    He doesn't like to make out without it leading "somewhere" hehe...

    If I do something he considers really good (like we went to his Aunt's for Thanksgiving last year and I tried to get to know all his relatives and played poker with them) he asked me if I wanted to get some air and then we walked outside and he told me, really lovingly and seriously, how I was the best girl and the only one for him and how great it was that I made treating his family well a priority.

    So, generally, not that affectionate/emotionally demonstrative, but he is very loving at the same time with words and such. Also, when he DOES give me a hand squeeze or say something nice to me, it holds special meaning and makes my day because I know how hard it is for him to express his feelings and I know how sincere it is.

  2. #12
    Senior Membrane spirilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Hm. Kinda curious about this one too, at least for the females.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

  3. #13
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    it holds special meaning and makes my day because I know how hard it is for him to express his feelings and I know how sincere it is.
    so this relates back to that thread i made about Fs sometimes being just as bad as T's at emotional intelligence and expressing feelings... what is the point of being F if you dont show your F!!!???

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    so this relates back to that thread i made about Fs sometimes being just as bad as T's at emotional intelligence and expressing feelings... what is the point of being F if you dont show your F!!!???
    Good question. What IS the point? Everyone FEELS, but Fs supposedly make decisions with F, not T, is that right? Or am I missing something?

  5. #15
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Good question. What IS the point? Everyone FEELS, but Fs supposedly make decisions with F, not T, is that right? Or am I missing something?
    exaclty, what is the point? if they arent any better at F than the T's, then why wouldnt we just call F's broken T's?








    im just kidding .....slightly

  6. #16
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    My roommate's g/f seems to keep him happy even though they haven't gone all the way yet.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Good question. What IS the point? Everyone FEELS, but Fs supposedly make decisions with F, not T, is that right? Or am I missing something?
    F means we are subjective, personal, and value based. It makes sense that Fs tend to be more emotional, because someone with very strong emotions is going to be most comfortable letting that aspect of their nature do the brunt work in making decisions. It doesn't mean we are good with expressing emotion, though.

    Likewise, Ts will often be less emotional. Their lack of overpowering emotion gives logic a better chance of stepping forward and making the final call. However, some Ts can be pretty emotional (some of the moodiest, angriest, and warmest people I know are Ts) . If a T can't acknowledge their own emotions, the emotions will taint their decisions and they won't be capable of noticing it.

    Both Ts and Fs are fully capable of letting emotions get in the way of making smart decisions. It takes great maturity, regardless of T or F, to handle emotions in healthy ways.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    I don't think I'm very affectionate physically. That's why like INFJs, I can be perceived as cold and stotic, while inside I'm warm. My display of warmth are shown through caring words and actions, rather than large displays of emotions.

    It's a good indicator in telling who knows you well, and who knows you shallowly. Those that assume I'm a loner and like to be on my own severely misunderstand me, but then again I can't exactly blame them since I spoken to them before.

  9. #19
    Senior Member KarenParker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    ESFj
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I'm really surprised by everyone's responses. The ISFJ I am thinking of is very affectionate with me but it might be that he is doing that out of a sense of duty because I told him it's my favorite thing in the world. Not duty in the sense that it's a chore he hates doing but duty in the sense that he gets enjoyment out of taking care of me. I just hope it doesn't go away...

    I know a highly unhealthy ISFJ and she is extremely needy with her children but not affectionate with them because she doesn't want to "burden" them. But really what it is, is that she gets off on the suffering. How is it that I've never gotten along better with anyone as good as the ISFJ in the paragraph above but I've never not along so poorly with someone as bad as the ISFJ in this paragraph?! Healthiness makes all the difference in the world!
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

    ESFP


  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I'm really surprised by everyone's responses. The ISFJ I am thinking of is very affectionate with me but it might be that he is doing that out of a sense of duty because I told him it's my favorite thing in the world. Not duty in the sense that it's a chore he hates doing but duty in the sense that he gets enjoyment out of taking care of me. I just hope it doesn't go away...

    I know a highly unhealthy ISFJ and she is extremely needy with her children but not affectionate with them because she doesn't want to "burden" them. But really what it is, is that she gets off on the suffering. How is it that I've never gotten along better with anyone as good as the ISFJ in the paragraph above but I've never not along so poorly with someone as bad as the ISFJ in this paragraph?! Healthiness makes all the difference in the world!

    Sure person #1 is ISFJ?

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] WHY ARE ISFJs SO EMOTIONAL?
    By HotpinkHeatwave in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 11:54 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Are ISFJs mindreaders??
    By Shadow in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 11:23 PM
  3. [ISFJ] Are ISFJs stubborn?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM
  4. [ISFJ] What are ISFJs like when it comes to lying?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
  5. [ISFJ] are ISFJ's squeamish?
    By substitute in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO